Main Menu

Paul Roos 2014

Started by Big Mac, August 31, 2013, 03:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

Quote from: MTTY on May 17, 2014, 06:24:34 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on May 17, 2014, 06:20:27 PM
I think he'll have done enough in his 2-3 years that the Demons could be coached by a somewhat less experienced senior coach than Roos.

He's turning the football club around but he might not want to be there for the entire long haul

I actually think it may get to the point where he'll want to stay on until 'the job' is done. By that I mean winning a premiership.

thats another 5 years at least. the current list isnt good enough.

BB67th

I wonder what this man could have done if he had come to the Lions...

It's really good to see Melbourne playing competitive football though. I enjoyed seeing them beat the Tigers yesterday, and I hope they can continue with it.

Vinny

Quote from: BB67th on May 18, 2014, 03:46:03 PM
I wonder what this man could have done if he had come to the Lions...

It's really good to see Melbourne playing competitive football though.
I enjoyed seeing them beat the Tigers yesterday, and I hope they can continue with it.
I couldn't agree more. ;)

MTTY

Quote from: SydneyRox on May 18, 2014, 03:44:06 PM
I think he'll have done enough in his 2-3 years that the Demons could be coached by a somewhat less experienced senior coach than Roos.

He's turning the football club around but he might not want to be there for the entire long haul

I actually think it may get to the point where he'll want to stay on until 'the job' is done. By that I mean winning a premiership.

I agree, only a few capable of being best 22 premiership players.

Purple 77

Quote from: MTTY on May 18, 2014, 03:50:09 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on May 18, 2014, 03:44:06 PM

I agree, only a few capable of being best 22 premiership players.

I hope Frawley doesn't see it that way  :-\

MTTY

Getting confident Frawley will stay, far more confident than I was at the beginning of the year.

Mat0369

Quote from: MTTY on May 19, 2014, 03:46:19 PM
Getting confident Frawley will stay, far more confident than I was at the beginning of the year.

If he doesn't just hope the team he goes to offers him top end cash so you can get a pick after your own this season. It is a draft rich in KPP's so you should be able to pick up a replacement that should be firing when you are pushing for finals.

MTTY

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 20, 2014, 03:50:59 PM

If he doesn't just hope the team he goes to offers him top end cash so you can get a pick after your own this season. It is a draft rich in KPP's so you should be able to pick up a replacement that should be firing when you are pushing for finals.

To be honest if this happened, and say we ended up with picks 3 & 4, i'd try and manufacture a trade woth GWS for Plowman, their end of first round compo pick and perhaps another player or second round pick for pick 4. Then use the third pick on either Brayshaw, Durdin, Wright or McCartin.

SydneyRox

it might be better for the team if he did go and you developed a plan like you laid out. He is one of the players with genuine currency on the list.

Having said that, Demons have shown some real grit and maybe thats all frawley is looking for.

Purple 77

Nah, my vote would be to keep Frawley. He is only like 25-26, so he has plenty of career left in him, whilst who knows what kids under 20 will turn out to be?

Frawley is one of a few of Melbourne's proven quality players, and I have no intentions of watching him leave. He is an all-australian after all.

Mat0369

What if you could get someone like Patton in return from GWS if he did leave? You package those picks and get Patton in return to pair up with Dawes and Hogan and that forward line looks brilliant in 2 seasons time. It also gives you a replacement for Mitch Clark as a big power forward. If I was a Dees supporter I wouldn't want to let him go, but you need to look at how much he is asking and how much teams are willing to pay him. I wouldn't be giving him 700k plus a season. If someone else can afford to do that, let him walk and use the cash to try and lure a big market player and use the draft picks you gain to your advantage.

Actually, dumb question, but do the compo picks cancel out if you recruit a FA of your own. So say you get a Fyfe and lose Frawley, does the Chip compo pick cancel out with the acquisition of Fyfe? I am to lazy to look it up since I think it has already gone through one change.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 20, 2014, 10:32:13 PM
Actually, dumb question, but do the compo picks cancel out if you recruit a FA of your own. So say you get a Fyfe and lose Frawley, does the Chip compo pick cancel out with the acquisition of Fyfe? I am to lazy to look it up since I think it has already gone through one change.

Yes it does get cancelled, picks are assigned based on net gains/losses during Free Agency period

Mat0369

Dees fans, let's hope you can get both to make things interesting.

Ziplock

Fyfe isn't a FA though...

Mat0369

Which means they wouldn't lose their compo pick, but if they were to acquire him would have to do so through either a trade or the draft. I doubt he leaves Freo anyway