Main Menu

Hawthorn vs Sydney Qualifying Final

Started by Mr.Craig, August 30, 2013, 11:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I should add that the way we structured up in the mids and forwards was utterly amazing. Clarkson and the rest of the coaches should take a bow.

henry

Was out last night so was only able to see the first 5 mins of the game. I was really concerned about it and thought the swans would win, but hearing from others that it was an extremely impressive performance, all players contributed. Absolutely love Jed Anderson, the kid will be a star and maybe a future captain.

Dare I say it...are we a better team without buddy? Possibly not, but there's definitely evidence to show it.

Rusty00

The set shots still concern me. Bruest has had the yips all year and Rough seems to have them back after kicking well most of the year.

Was a fantastic team effort last night :D

Nige

As an opposition supporter, but someone who like the Hawks and is a fan of watching them, I reckon the Hawks probably are a better team without ol' Budz.

Scrads

So if Spangher comes out for buddy (unlucky) who comes out for Rioli? The bottom 3 options would have to be Shiels, Hill and Anderson but you could make a case for each of them staying in :-\

Nige

Quote from: Scrads on September 07, 2013, 11:34:20 AM
So if Spangher comes out for buddy (unlucky) who comes out for Rioli? The bottom 3 options would have to be Shiels, Hill and Anderson but you could make a case for each of them staying in :-\

I reckon it might be Shiels or Anderson.

Rusty00

Shiels seems to be our main shutdown tagger but he didn't really have a job given to him last night. Anderson has done some nice things from limited opportunities, but is probably in the most danger of being dropped. Hill looks a bit out of his depth at times but his pace is needed particularly against someone like Geelong.

Mr.Craig

I think Shiels needs to stay. Anderson and Spangher to be the unfortunates.

Scrads

What sort of message does it give Anderson if we drop him after two outstanding efforts/performances as sub?

Nige

Quote from: Scrads on September 07, 2013, 04:18:09 PM
What sort of message does it give Anderson if we drop him after two outstanding efforts/performances as sub?

'Hard luck story'?  :-X

Ziplock

Hawka

Spang>Buddy simple as that
if people Are confused or think im high say and il explain :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: Hawka on September 10, 2013, 11:29:35 AM

For team structure and harmony not as player v player.

The more I think about it the more I think the Hawks should move Buddy on while he has good currency

Send him to Sydney. Swap him for Mumford  :o

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: SydneyRox on September 10, 2013, 03:24:06 PM

The more I think about it the more I think the Hawks should move Buddy on while he has good currency

Nah he can goto Carlton for Kreuzer + Gibbs :P

henry

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 10, 2013, 05:03:48 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on September 10, 2013, 03:24:06 PM

Nah he can goto Carlton for Kreuzer + Gibbs :P
Yeh I'd take that for sure  :)