Main Menu

Hawthorn vs Sydney Qualifying Final

Started by Mr.Craig, August 30, 2013, 11:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Should be a good game.

I really feel like Simpkin should come in. 28 touches last weekend in the VFL. Savage was disappointing tonight, is he the one that moves over for Rioli or is it Anderson or Hill? Ellis is possibly the only other one we might consider bringing in.

Congrats to all the boys. Another ripper h/a. I'll be stoked if Roughy gets up for the Coleman. 8)

JBs-Hawks

Really hating Hills lack of hardness. Tackles broken to easy, doesnt put his body on the line. If he looks like being tackled he rushes his kicks. Definitely not up to finals standard.

Mr.Craig

He needs to go to the Luke Hodge school of harden the flower up.

Scrads

My first thought was Simpkin in as well.

Savage was dissapointing but to be fair to him he had at least 2 score assists with what he did do- so if he could just up his output it would have been tracking for an amazing game haha. If Rioli is fit I think Hill has to come out. Anderson deserves to keep his spot solely on that tackle and goal at the start of the last quarter :P

Scrads

Rusty00

Personally I'm not a fan of Spangher's but with Buddy out we probably can't play Bailey, Grimley and Hale in same team.

Savage was poor last night but has been good the last 4-5 weeks, however I do like Simpkin. Rioli probably in for Anderson. Not sure who Guerra comes in for?

Scrads

Also does anyone know if Shiels will be back?

So far Bailey, Guerra, Rioli in for Buddy and 2 of Duryea/Hill/Anderson/Savage?

henry

I'm pretty sure shiels injury was not bad as feared, and that resting him this week was precautionary mainly and that he should play next week.

Capper

Capper

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/week-1-afl-finals-whos-good-to-go-whos-injured-and-whos-pushing-for-selection/story-e6frf3e3-1226709067323

QuoteHAWTHORN

INJURIES
Cyril Rioli (ankle) test
Liam Shiels (ankle) season
Ryan Schoenmakers (knee) season
Matthew Suckling (knee) season
Alex Woodward (knee) season
Max Bailey (soreness) test
Brent Guerra (back) test

SydneyRox

Rioli, Bailey, Guerra in

Buddy, Hill, Savage Out

Rusty00

Time for the weekly "name the Hawthorn late withdrawal" game.

My guess - Rioli out, Savage in.

Mr.Craig

Rusty00

Mr.Craig

Thoughts from tonight...

1) It was our best game of the season by far for a whole heap of reasons.
2) We need to kick straight!
3) Lewis has been my favourite player for a few years but Poppy is making me think twice about that. ;D
4) Bailey was great but...we don't seem confident in playing him for four quarters. Is that a risk should we have an early injury and need to use the sub on someone else? :-\
5) Flowering Jed Anderson - WOW!
6) Geelong looms - but for now I'm just going to enjoy this. What a great night to be a Hawks supporter. 8)