The Footy Park/AAMI Stadium Memorial Thread

Started by Mr.Craig, August 28, 2013, 01:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Grazz

Quote from: Master Q on August 28, 2013, 10:57:37 PM
Lots of awesome stories/memories here! Never got the chance to attend, hopefully I can visit Adelaide one day and go to the Oval. A question though, is AAMI Stadium really such a hassle to get to? Is it not in the city?

Quote from: Grazz on August 28, 2013, 01:51:34 AM
One night we were lined up about a dozen people from getting a ticket and they closed the gates. There was quite a crowd still outside and some ticked of big lads were abusing the Red coats (Staff) then they just ripped the fence up from the bottom and heaps of us ran under the fence and got in that way,
That is one hell of a story Grazz  ;D

I still remember it vividly mate, I reckon Dudges brother inlaw was there. After we missed out on getting in the crowd outside really started giving it to the red coats (Staff) they ended up walking up into the ground that's when these guys grabbed the bottom of the cyclone fence and in seconds had pulled it up. Karen my wife stood there holding it up till I grabbed her arm and pulled her through, then we all bolted straight up the first race we saw into the crowd, obviously there was no room to sit so we all stood up or hit the bar.

Wes Mantooth

The memories... row 231 D seat 10 will live with me for ever... able to rest my arm on the concrete ledge that formed the walkway to the outer terrace. Pretty much dead centre, under cover with a monitor right near our area. Won't get that at Adelaide Oval. Ticket holder for 14years... Was a red coat in 2001-02 too. Was the most boring job! People always trying to con you to get in or get into the Members area or give you pass outs they took home the week before to get in for free the following week.

Fav memories? Second showdown, sitting in members, pouring with rain and I mean pouring. We sat (my mum and my brother) and watched Port get over the line by 4 if I remember correctly. Showdown comebacks this year and in 2011 was great. Stewy's goal vs North last night in that 39pt comeback was great as was Tredder's 7 goal game against Richmond in the wet in 2011? 2010?

I remember watching Port demolish the Pies and watching this young bloke named Swan running around making mistake after mistake, and we all thought 'what a shower name'. I do remember the 110 point win over Hawthorn. That whole period of 2001-2005 was amazing really. We'd rock up thinking how much are we going to win by today. Such a shame, they didn't perform in finals.

Of all though, two games really stand out. 2004 Prelim against St Kilda and 2002 Round 22 to claim our first minor premiership. The crowd at both those games was huge and loud. But the shear emotion of the last 3 finals series and finally making it to the big dance was number 1. Never seen so many people lose their shower. Sweet and sour for me though, I was jumping on a plane overseas on the Monday...

Won't miss trekking across the city to make the last bus with 15minutes to spare though!

Jay

2 best recent moments were Crows beating Freo in the semi last year and seeing Norwood destroy West in the 2012 sanfl gf. Aish's running goal on the wing I won't forget and also hi-fiving him after the game 8)

Bring on the Oval though.

Rusty00

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 01, 2013, 10:50:34 PM
Of all though, two games really stand out. 2004 Prelim against St Kilda and 2002 Round 22 to claim our first minor premiership. The crowd at both those games was huge and loud. But the shear emotion of the last 3 finals series and finally making it to the big dance was number 1. Never seen so many people lose their shower. Sweet and sour for me though, I was jumping on a plane overseas on the Monday...
I was at both of those games and you're right the atmosphere was amazing. I remember Roger James snapping that goal to give Port the 2004 Minor Premiership.

Dudge

I was at the 2004 semi and prelim with my lad and neice. I'll never forget when the siren went, and we finally made a G/F, every one stood and went spastic. There was this hugh guy, and I mean hugh, who looked at me, and gave me a bear hug. I'm not kidding how I kept my 6 pints and 2 hotdogs in, i'll still don't know haha, but the sore ribs were well worth it ;D

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 02, 2013, 09:08:40 AM
Quote from: Wes Mantooth on September 01, 2013, 10:50:34 PM
I was at both of those games and you're right the atmosphere was amazing. I remember Roger James snapping that goal to give Port the 2004 Minor Premiership.

Roger James was one of best players I've ever seen, was so underrated and was a shame his body didn't hold up.

Mr.Craig

Starting to get excited about games in the city. Going in early and having a nice meal or a drink at a pub before heading over the footbridge...much more civilised than slumming it at West Lakes.

8)

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 24, 2014, 12:26:45 AM
Starting to get excited about games in the city. Going in early and having a nice meal or a drink at a pub before heading over the footbridge...much more civilised than slumming it at West Lakes.

8)

Spot on mate, will be getting my season ticket shortly. best thing that's happened to footy here in awhile getting away from Footy Park buddy.  ;D

Mr.Craig

I might even go to a Crows game for a change. :P

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 24, 2014, 12:38:53 AM

Good onya, i'll go to a couple of Power games with Dudge and no doubt he will come to a couple of Crows games with me.

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on January 24, 2014, 12:40:26 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 24, 2014, 12:38:53 AM

Good onya, i'll go to a couple of Power games with Dudge and no doubt he will come to a couple of Crows games with me.

That depends on how both teams are travelling ;)