Main Menu

Hawthorn List Management And Drafting

Started by Mr.Craig, August 21, 2013, 01:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

^ seems a little surprising that the Suns delisted him.

henry

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 02, 2013, 09:46:00 PM
^ seems a little surprising that the Suns delisted him.
Yeah, very highly rated as a 17yo but fell out of favour and couldn't lock down a place. Surely someone will pick him up, maybe even in a rookie spot even if we don't.

Capper

The Swans will take another player like JPK off your hands if you cant find a place for them

Rusty00

Quote from: tabs on September 02, 2013, 11:04:14 PM
The Swans will take another player like JPK off your hands if you cant find a place for them
Xavier Ellis it is then. Good doing business with you  :)

Rusty00

Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2013, 10:31:36 AM
Jordan Kelly and Mitch Hallahan should be retained for another year, they'll be good replacements once guys like Guerra, Lake, Sewell and Mitchell move on. Am I right in saying that Hawthorn fans (who know a bit about their list)?
Mitch Halllahan was joint winner of the VFL JJ Liston Trophy winner last night. Looks like promising for the future  :)

Capper

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 03, 2013, 07:45:55 AM
Thats fine. Look what we turned JPK and McGlynn into. We will gladly do that to Ellis as well.

henry

Quote from: tabs on September 03, 2013, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: Rusty00 on September 03, 2013, 07:45:55 AM
Thats fine. Look what we turned JPK and McGlynn into. We will gladly do that to Ellis as well.
I wouldn't be surprised at all, he has heaps of talent just can't stay on the park  :(

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 03, 2013, 01:52:02 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 31, 2013, 10:31:36 AM
Jordan Kelly and Mitch Hallahan should be retained for another year, they'll be good replacements once guys like Guerra, Lake, Sewell and Mitchell move on. Am I right in saying that Hawthorn fans (who know a bit about their list)?
Mitch Halllahan was joint winner of the VFL JJ Liston Trophy winner last night. Looks like promising for the future  :)
Yesss! Good on him! I really hope the Hawks get some games into him next season.

Nige

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 1h

Cameron Luke from AFL Trade Week Radio says that Xavier Ellis is likely to land at Fremantle, after being offered a two-year deal.

henry

Quote from: NigeyS on September 30, 2013, 01:26:20 PM
2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 1h

Cameron Luke from AFL Trade Week Radio says that Xavier Ellis is likely to land at Fremantle, after being offered a two-year deal.
I like him, but can't get his body right and maybe a fresh start would be good for him, will do well I hope. When fit may be just in our best 22, but no huge loss I don't think, would prefer him to stay though. His 2008 grand final was easily his best game and is imprinted in my memory  :) but has struggled with fitness since then.

JBs-Hawks

Apparantly we might not offer Hallahan or Kelly new contracts  :o

Nige

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 30, 2013, 04:24:30 PM
Apparantly we might not offer Hallahan or Kelly new contracts  :o
I saw/heard that too...  :o

Mitch just won the Liston and should almost certainly get a game or two next season along with Woodward

Bullshower rumour hopefully.

Ringo

What do you think you will over for Longer or do you envisage a three way deal involving Pies as well,  Think this may be the way to go with you wanting Daisy and Karnezis wanting to make Pies club of preference.  Assuming Longer still insists on going home,

Nige

Hawthorn has now ramped up its pursuit of homesick Brisbane Lions' young ruckman Billy Longer, after Mumford headed to GWS rather than the premiers.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Ringo on October 03, 2013, 09:07:43 AM
What do you think you will over for Longer or do you envisage a three way deal involving Pies as well,  Think this may be the way to go with you wanting Daisy and Karnezis wanting to make Pies club of preference.  Assuming Longer still insists on going home,

Daisy is a free agent, we won't trade with collingwood.