Main Menu

Rating the top 10 draft picks

Started by strikes91, August 18, 2013, 12:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strikes91

out of 10

1. Lachie Whitfield - 5 (show signs he will be a good player, plenty of run in him)
2. Jonathan O'Rourke - 1 (not enough games)
3. Lachie Plowman - 1 (not enough games)
4. Jimmy Toumpas - 3 (hasn't showed to much in his 1st year, goes missing alot)
5. Jake Stringer - 6 (showed some good signs, solid player and looks strong up front)
6. Jackson McRae - 6 (busy midfielder, needs a few years in the gym, will be good)
7. Ollie Wines - 9 (probably the best pick of the draft, solid body, good footballing mind)
8. Sam Mayes - 8 (great wide player, crisp disposal and decision making)
9. Nick Vlaustin - 6.5 (brilliant at first, fading out a lil at end of the year, looks a player)
10. Joe Daniher - 3 (showed some signs in the games he did play, can take a big grab)

Vinny

Yeah I would say Mayes, Whitfield, Wines and Vlas have been the best out of the lot and all have huge potential.

Daniher is still young can take a mark but his kicking needs work. With time, he will be a great player.

Toumpas has been a little bit of a let down in the seniors but dominates in the 2s but give him time.

I would say-

Mayes 8 ( Been super, in great form right now. )
Wines 7.5 ( Started with a bang but slowed down. )
Whitfield 8 ( Had some amazing weeks but a few not so amazing one. )
Vlas 7.5 ( Was great for Richmond and had a bad patch but overall pretty good. )

Watch out! These guys are going to be dangerous. :)

Ziplock

yeah, I think you're underrating whitfield a bit- he doesn't often get a lot of the ball, but whatever he gets, he makes it good.

Jroo

1. Lachie Whitfield - 8.5
2. Jonathan O'Rourke - 1
3. Lachie Plowman - 1
4. Jimmy Toumpas - 4
5. Jake Stringer - 6.5
6. Jackson McRae - 7
7. Ollie Wines - 8.5
8. Sam Mayes - 8.5
9. Nick Vlaustin - 8.5
10. Joe Daniher - 3.5

Ziplock

honestly, I don't think toumpas deserve anything higher than a 3, which would still be pushing it.

henry

Quote from: Ziplock on August 18, 2013, 03:01:06 PM
honestly, I don't think toumpas deserve anything higher than a 3, which would still be pushing it.
He's shown a bit, as was stated above he's dominated for casey in the 2s and will be good with time. A 3-4 may be right though.

I must admit I'm not a fan of rating these guys after 1 year, they were picked to be 10 year players for the club, and some of the key position players such as daniher are hardly going to dominate in their first year, they need time.

Vinny

Yeah all of these guys need time and with time comes consistency.

I am with Ziplock regarding Toumpas, probably give him a 2 at most but as said give the kid time. :)

Big Mac

Might be my Melbourne bias showing through but I thought Toumpas showed a fair bit against Geelong in Round 16. I'll admit he's inconsistent at the best of times but i'd still rate him higher than a 2.

Jukes

For this season itself,
Whitfield 6.75/10
O'Rourke 1/10
Plowman 1/10
Toumpas 2.5/10
Stringer 7/10
Macrae 6/10
Wines 8/10
Mayes 8.5/10
Vlastuin 7.5/10
Daniher 4/10