Trial of Additional Cameras for Goal Review

Started by Ringo, August 15, 2013, 09:26:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-15/new-trial-for-score-review

Interesting development with cameras being fitted to goal umpires headband - do not know what they will pick up that is not available from broadcast. Agree with positioning of other cameras so hopefully we can now get it right and do away with the number of non conclusive calls.

valkorum

I like the fact they are trialling different methods.  Hopefully they can find one that is financially viable as well as providing enough information for the "3rd umpire" to make a definitive decision.

Ziplock

can they just get camera's of decent flowering quality lol.

Ricochet

Yeh at least they are trying out different methods. Eventually we will get the right one

strikes91

Hawkeye and Hotspot, although not so successful in England

roo boys!

Quote from: strikes91 on August 18, 2013, 12:15:32 PM
Hawkeye and Hotspot, although not so successful in England
I've said it before so just a summary, the reason hotspot may be a little hard to implement is it already costs bucketloads for a fixed location for the cricket, they just focus on the popping crease and surrounding meter or two so you'll catch the batsman in that, for footy you're gonna need to cover just about the whole 50, ideally more, at both ends of the ground at every ground. Maybe touched on the line decisions could work but the majority of the touched off the boot ones will be inconclusive.

I'd imagine hawkeye would have the same issue. Not a cheap technology