Best NBA player to ever live who ISN'T Jordan

Started by Levis43, August 14, 2013, 02:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

My Chumps

Andrew3737

Andrew3737

However, he did choke in the playoffs. I'd still take Robinson over Duncan though.

My Chumps

Robinson sucked in the play-offs. Really. Dude was like a top 5 regular season player, was a better defender than TD, but his record is tarnished by his inability to perform at the same level in the plays.

03' Duncan is superior.

Jay

So you say this...
Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 15, 2013, 06:43:02 PM
Timmy D is pretty elite imo. For me, he is like 6/7.

And then this...
Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 15, 2013, 09:57:30 PM
Robinson is better than Duncan.

Surely you dont have The Admiral in your top 6'ish of all time?

Andrew3737

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=robinda01&y1=1995&p2=duncati01&y2=2003

Robinson's 95 (6th season), Duncans 03 (6th season)

Play offs, Duncan went into beast mode. Single season, Robinson will always be the better player

Andrew3737

Levis43

Jordan never would of won as many rings without Pippen.

Therefore if Jordan never had Pippen we would not consider Jordan to be the best of all time.

My Chumps

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 15, 2013, 10:25:28 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=robinda01&y1=1995&p2=duncati01&y2=2003

Robinson's 95 (6th season), Duncans 03 (6th season)

Play offs, Duncan went into beast mode. Single season, Robinson will always be the better player

28.4 playoff PER compared to Robinson's 22.6. Damn man.

Jay

Quote from: Levis43 on August 16, 2013, 04:05:08 PM

Therefore if Jordan never had Pippen we would not consider Jordan to be the best of all time.
Pippen isnt top 50 all-time, MJ made him what he was... Lebron needed Dwyane Wade, Bosh Spice and one of the greatest shooters ever, Ray Allen just to get a ring.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on August 16, 2013, 04:38:54 PM
Quote from: Levis43 on August 16, 2013, 04:05:08 PM

Pippen isnt top 50 all-time, MJ made him what he was... Lebron needed Dwyane Wade, Bosh Spice and one of the greatest shooters ever, Ray Allen just to get a ring.

Jordan would have still won 6 rings with Tony Ronaldson as his side kick :P

tbagrocks

Robinson over Duncan :o Please!

Not the second best but where is the Kobe love?

Barkley deserves a mention! Abdul Jabbar was a legend, James pretty much is second, Magic right up there Bird too

But surely Chamberlain and Russell top 5? Wilt probably gets my vote! in five years probably James will be king!

Holz

Quote from: tbagrocks on August 22, 2013, 05:25:41 PM
Robinson over Duncan :o Please!

Not the second best but where is the Kobe love?

Barkley deserves a mention! Abdul Jabbar was a legend, James pretty much is second, Magic right up there Bird too

But surely Chamberlain and Russell top 5? Wilt probably gets my vote! in five years probably James will be king!

if this was Best NBA players to ever live who aren't Jordan, Olajuwon, Russel, Shaq, Bird, Kareem, Duncan, Magic, Wilt, Lebron I would start thinking about him.

Andrew3737