Best NBA player to ever live who ISN'T Jordan

Started by Levis43, August 14, 2013, 02:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: BratPack on August 14, 2013, 05:48:39 PM
Earvin "Magic" Johnson and it's not even close
You're just sayin' that because it's his 54th birthday today :P

Andrew3737

Was just looking at some stats and some other opinions, and actually, I don't think Magic is number 2. I mean, his numbers aren't even that good. He was just extremely elite for like 6 years straight.

Jay

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 14, 2013, 07:37:37 PM
Was just looking at some stats and some other opinions, and actually, I don't think Magic is number 2. I mean, his numbers aren't even that good. He was just extremely elite for like 6 years straight.
Bird was a much better player without a doubt imo. Just, Magic has more accolades - probably due to playing with Kareem and Big Game James!

Andrew3737

The more I look it at, the more I like Shaq @ number 2.

Master Q

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 14, 2013, 07:52:14 PM
The more I look it at, the more I like Shaq @ number 2.
I rate higher LBJ higher than Shaq...

Andrew3737

valkorum

Quote from: kingkingston on August 14, 2013, 04:45:55 PM
Wilt

Cant believe you are the only one to say Wilt Chamberlain.  Jordon, Wilt, Russell is my top 3

If you are going by championships then don't forget about Sam Jones (who is he, I hear you say).  He is the guy who played as G/F in 10 championships alongside Bill Russell.  That team stayed together for so long and so many championships

Bill Russell - 11 (13 Seasons)
Sam Jones - 10 (12 Seasons)
Tom Heinsohn - 8 (9 Seasons)
K. C. Jones 8 (9 Seasons)

Just to name a few

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on August 15, 2013, 11:10:19 AM
Wilt

Cant believe you are the only one to say Wilt Chamberlain.  Jordon, Wilt, Russell is my top 3

If you are going by championships then don't forget about Sam Jones (who is he, I hear you say).  He is the guy who played as G/F in 10 championships alongside Bill Russell.  That team stayed together for so long and so many championships

Just to name a few

Wilt is a hard one to rate, I always put him down on my list because really he was just phyically bigger than everyone else. Put him in the 90s and even give him the modern training methods and I dont see him being anywhere near as dominant. Jordan, Magic etc... however could play in any era.

Levis43

Tim Duncan always gets over looked. He not the best but might be near top 5.

kingkingston

Quote from: Holzman on August 15, 2013, 11:24:48 AM
Quote from: valkorum on August 15, 2013, 11:10:19 AM
Wilt

Just to name a few

Wilt is a hard one to rate, I always put him down on my list because really he was just phyically bigger than everyone else. Put him in the 90s and even give him the modern training methods and I dont see him being anywhere near as dominant. Jordan, Magic etc... however could play in any era.
at 7-2 with the lack of great centres in this era, he would be almost unstoppable, in fact he could play in any era and be effective

Andrew3737

Not to mention no 3pt and 3 seconds. Jusr destroyed the era. People look at 2nd hand Championships too much.

Jay

Quote from: Levis43 on August 15, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
If he made that layup and Spurs won the title then yes I would agree, but for now he aint top 5 imo.

kingkingston

Quote from: Jayman on August 15, 2013, 06:08:13 PM
Quote from: Levis43 on August 15, 2013, 01:44:20 PM
If he made that layup and Spurs won the title then yes I would agree, but for now he aint top 5 imo.
that layup wouldn't change anything, he had won 4 titles from 4 NBA Finals in his peak, what he does now later in his career is just a bonus

Andrew3737

Timmy D is pretty elite imo. For me, he is like 6/7.

Cicjose