Main Menu

2013 British Review

Started by Ringo, August 06, 2013, 04:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 18, 2013, 08:49:22 PM
No chance

Never know my man! And besides, I have a few blokes I'd be happy to snap up with 17. A few speculatives and a few guys that will be there for sure.

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on November 18, 2013, 08:46:50 PM
Quote from: vinny on November 18, 2013, 07:47:05 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on August 24, 2013, 04:35:17 PM

Well, I figured that, but you gotta risk it to get the biscuit as they say. :P

Don't forget, we're gonna get big Tommy Boyd ;D

Oh and I was telling vinny before that I was talking to Torp about possibly landing Budweiser.  :o

There you are mate :)
I legit don't remember this.

It must have been before we didn't have a semi-decent forward line.  :P

Haha true

kilbluff1985

how do people feel about having the drafts after New Years next year? then we'll know all the players positions and those on our list so we can draft accordingly

Ringo

Would cut down the second trade period if draft was not completed promptly though.  Would probably meaning combining all drafts as well national, Preseason and Rookie. Worth considering and will follow comments with interest, Could work if we set up a live draft but maybe difficult.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ringo on December 06, 2013, 03:51:37 PM
Would cut down the second trade period if draft was not completed promptly though.  Would probably meaning combining all drafts as well national, Preseason and Rookie. Worth considering and will follow comments with interest, Could work if we set up a live draft but maybe difficult.

we could not close trading during the drafts only close trading for picks during the drafts

would mean more work for you though but i could help out with the draft thread

Memphistopheles

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 06, 2013, 03:35:45 PM
how do people feel about having the drafts after New Years next year? then we'll know all the players positions and those on our list so we can draft accordingly

I prefer it as is to be honest.

Doesn't the second trade period come after the dpp changes?

You can trade players to cover any dpp losses. Anyone who have more dpp losses than trades left clearly hasn't planned their team well.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Memphistopheles on December 06, 2013, 04:59:13 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 06, 2013, 03:35:45 PM

I prefer it as is to be honest.

Doesn't the second trade period come after the dpp changes?

You can trade players to cover any dpp losses. Anyone who have more dpp losses than trades left clearly hasn't planned their team well.

my suggestion isn't really to do with trading though it's still better to know your players positions before drafting then after so you know your team needs and when you draft a player you know there position

also most of us have teams in other leagues so instead of being bored in January when all the other drafts are done we would be doing BXV Drafts

Justin Bieber

Nek Minnut, all DPP has been leaked

Ringo

Coaches now that holiday period is coming to an end a couple of further matters for discussion and review.

All these are my views only and open to full discussion:

How do we feel about modifying the VC score by a factor of .5 eg if your VC scores 100 then it becomes 150. Means retaining the deputy VC though should your VC be called to be Captain or VC a late out. Just a thought.

Are you happy with current HGA advantage where lowest scoring player of Home team is doubled for HGA.  Are there other options?

I am keen to maintain the 20 Bonus points for updating by 9:00am the day after final match, Do I need to extend this deadline to say midday to allow for those coaches that work at night?  Reason for keeping this is it currently provides me with a double check of scores.

There are 3 rounds over 2 weeks this year which currently have a rolling lock out.  With the change to emergency and sub rule is it appropriate to continue rolling lock out for these rounds?

We had a number of awards for the year as per this thread:
http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,74754.0.html
Are there any that should be deleted or any that should be added?

Feel free to add comments

kilbluff1985

i feel the vice captain thing only strengthens the stronger teams i don't really like it

JBs-Hawks

Nige

Not too fussed either way tbh.

Got my options.  8)

Vinny

Yeah I don't even care haha, lets do it if people wanna!

Nige

Quote from: vinny on January 04, 2014, 11:04:33 AM
Yeah I don't even care haha, lets do it if people wanna!
Your team's so shower it won't matter.  ;)

#ThanksForTCloke

Vinny

I am sorry what was that wood spooner? ;)

Cloke is flowering tool, I don't even care!