Who will be better Adelaide or port in 2014

Started by phil5158, August 04, 2013, 08:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Port will fade, Crows will sneak back into the 8.

elephants

Tough draw headed for Portlett. Can see them slipping a little.

Crows and Eagles to be the big movers next yr imo.

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on September 03, 2013, 07:22:54 PM
I'm worried next year when Port don't make the finals and everyone says we have gone backwards, when this year we overachieved. A very lucky Showdown win, two comebacks against the Crows and WC early on, playing Collingwood when they were down were all those which we had going our way. And then there is North who'll win more next year, the Crows will be a much better side, Gold Coast will continue to push up the ladder. It'll be very very tough to make the top 8 next year, which is a good thing, because it means there is a close competition and not many easybeats.
haha yeah there is a lot to say they can fade next year but in the end all the evidence, scenarios & stats don't count, what counts in how you play on the day and I'm incredibly proud of the power and as long as they maintain that 'never surrender' attitude (which we must accept is the only reason we got into the 8 & beat Collingwood) we can continue to improve :) remember we are the 3rd youngest team in the comp, if anything that is more important than any stats, draws or circumstances. If I had to give my opinion as a proud supporter I'd say they will be pushing for the top 4 next year (and they'll beat Geelong this week), if I had to give my opinion as a smart supporter they'll be in the 8 (outskirts that is, and they will lose by 10-40 points against the Cats (the mentality needs to stay). I think the Eagles will improve next year but I don't know about the Crows tbh, a few good games at the end of the season doesn't nullify the fact the club is starting from scratch (really just poor business administration & an unlucky insurmountable injury list (remember there is a strong chance Walker won't return to his 2012 form, an ACL injury is serious...) Eagles finished very poorly and I have my doubts about them but I'd rule them ahead of the Crows & on par with Nth as long as they regain their composure & Worsfield's replacement performs at an optimal coaching level. Eagles had a disappointing season though, I was very fond of them over the past two years (cheered for them in the 2011 finals, Crows in the 2012 finals). Just putting it out there, if Port lose this week I'm giving all my best to Freo (amazing team, Lyons has taken them to the next level & I really want to see them win their first flag because now that GCS & GWS are here and with a player list so strong they may start losing credibility (I didn't take them seriously as an AFL club until 2010 (I cheered for them in that finals series) :)