Yes or No - do you think that Essendon are guilty?

Started by Tominator, July 31, 2013, 11:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

So much has been put before us, and after the Dean Robinson interview, David Evans resigning, and the constant allegations made against James Hird and the Essendon footy club in general.

Some say there is probably enough public evidence that we can make a conclusion for ourselves, but others would say its too ahrd to tell. But in your honest opinion....

Do you think Essendon are guilty or not?

I apologise if a similar thread has been made.

Ricochet

This is my opinion...
IF the drug found in the player's blood samples was on the banned list then they will cop a two year ban. I don't think it is fair but a precedent has been set with similar drug cases in the past.

nrich102

ossie85

They are guilty of incompetence at the very least

kilbluff1985

Quote from: nrich102 on August 01, 2013, 06:53:26 AM
All the evidence is against Essedon. Guilty.

What evidence nobody has seen any real evidence?

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on August 01, 2013, 01:03:36 AM
This is my opinion...
IF the drug found in the player's blood samples was on the banned list then they will cop a two year ban. I don't think it is fair but a precedent has been set with similar drug cases in the past.

+1 if it's there, I guess bans need to be enforced.

I think the only saving grace may be the blurred lines between ASADA/WADA rulings, and a bit of leniency may be given... Maybe.

Rusty00

Quote from: Toga on August 01, 2013, 08:52:29 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on August 01, 2013, 01:03:36 AM
This is my opinion...

+1 if it's there, I guess bans need to be enforced.

I think the only saving grace may be the blurred lines between ASADA/WADA rulings, and a bit of leniency may be given... Maybe.
From everything we've heard I think these blurred lines will ensure that even after the ASADA ruling is handed down, that this issue will be played out in the courts for a while.

Ringo

Agree that even if the ASADA report is damning there will be legal challenges through the courts based on the apparent conflicting views given by WADA which Essendon have proof of blurring the lines of black and white as to whether the substance was officially banned or not.

We can not argue against the fact that Essendon players were injected with substances and that is clear but the legality is the issue  due to this conflicting advice and for that reason am unable to vote either way. ASADA rulings atm over rule WADA rulings but this imo will be the subject of the court case.

Ziplock

whether or not they'll be proven guilty is one question, whether or not they are is another.

I'm unsure if they'll be found guilty. Personally though, I think they are. Isn't one of their strongest arguments that the drug isn't performance enhancing?

then why use it on all your players? this is a group of 40+ elite athletes... very few of them will be needing an anti obesity drug in order to lose weight, if any at all. Subsequently, you wouldn't use it unless it enhanced their performance.

nickstiges

I say guilty especially since Jobe admitted to taking AOD & WADA categorically stating it's been banned since 1/1/2011.

On sanctions, stripping of points would have to be expected, AFL couldn't allow Essendon the chance to win the flag with a huge asterisk. Players who were given banned substances would be gone for 2 years, mitigated by whatever defence they use to appeal assuming suspensions are handed down.

Frankfaust1

I think they'll be found guilty. Get the feeling that Hird believes whatever he did was right just because it was him that did it. Others have said that he would have been gone long ago if he wasn't the blue eyed boy and I think that's right.

Wonder what the last Essendoin coach thinks of all this.

Sad days all round, really.