Main Menu

Jesse White

Started by stew42, July 30, 2013, 03:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

From "AFL Season Information & Off Season News" on Facebook
Sydney's Jesse White is set to highly sort after again this off-season with Fremantle coach Ross Lyon declaring him "on the list" of forwards they are pursuing.

Fremantle has reportedly made big offers to Collingwood's Travis Cloke last season and Richmond's Jack Riewoldt this season but both failed.

Lyon has repeatedly denied that the club is interested in Hawthorn superstar Lance Franklin.

"He would be one on the radar but I think everyone would be looking at him," Lyon told 6PR radio in Perth.

"I laid on the couch and watched the Swans on the weekend and he played as well as I've seen Jesse play.

"I don't know Jesse at all, but he looks to have matured and been put through football school in a good academy where now he's a very competent player."

"He's certainly on a list of key forward and un-contracted players."

So it looks like Freo and Carlton are the big two who are looking at him so far. Could also see the Bulldogs and the two Qld clubs going for him. What do we think we'll get for him?

Cicjose

not much if he comes to freo

Ricochet

Mailman the 2nd

I'd say 2nd round draft pick atm if he leaves, which I'm sure Sydney can turn it into something

SydneyRox

if he becomes wanted, could end up being a nice bidding war! not out of the realms he could also resign with the swans. Long term mates with Tippett and must be some other good mates at the club

Capper

Well i know Carlton and Freo are keen, but im surprised that Brisbane or GC hasnt chased him as he is from Southport

Ricochet

Brissie are in desperate need of a key fwd

Ringo

Who knows what is going on the back ground Tabs and not divulged in media.  Suspect initial enquiries would have been already made by Brisbane as we have made no secret of targeting a KPP and with Black more than likely retiring and a commitment to use our full 100% of salary cap can afford a to offer a little more. (Have been restricted to 95% of Cap previously as an internal control).

stew42

I know that White will be out of contract at the end of the year, but will he be a free agent? I don't geddit :(

Ringo

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-free-agency-how-it-works-20121001-26ue3.html

This is an article I kept explaining the unrestricted free agents, restricted free agents and trading players.

I think White has played less than 7 years at Sydney so will have to be traded.

Capper

ok so he was drafted in the 2006 draft which means that this is technically his 7th year at the club, so we wont get a compo pick and wont be able to match any offers from other clubs either :(

Years ago he was killing it in the 2s and everytime he played in the ones he looked like a dear in headlights

Ringo

So Tabs he is technically in 7th year so based on the rules there are 4 options:

keep him and give him a new contract

trade him and get some benefit players and or draft picks

Delist him and get nothing

He delists himself and goes into the draft and you still get nothing.

If he is a desired player then option 1 is the route to take but if you do not require him then to gain some benefits option 2 is ok,

Options 3 & 4 would not be desirable.

stew42

Quote from: Ringo on August 01, 2013, 01:27:16 PM
So Tabs he is technically in 7th year so based on the rules there are 4 options:

keep him and give him a new contract

trade him and get some benefit players and or draft picks

Delist him and get nothing

He delists himself and goes into the draft and you still get nothing.

If he is a desired player then option 1 is the route to take but if you do not require him then to gain some benefits option 2 is ok,

Options 3 & 4 would not be desirable.
Thanks Ringo, we'll take option 2 :)

SydneyRox

I still stand by my call a few months ago that he could be a more than handy CHB

We should keep him, the issue with keeping him is him agreeing, since he knows that deep down he is a depth player at the swans. Will be starting 22 at Brisbane or Freo

stew42

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 01, 2013, 01:39:18 PM
I still stand by my call a few months ago that he could be a more than handy CHB

We should keep him, the issue with keeping him is him agreeing, since he knows that deep down he is a depth player at the swans. Will be starting 22 at Brisbane or Freo
Hmmm... never thought of our backline problems... maybe Reid can go to defence and White stay fwd?