Main Menu

Mr.Craig's 2013 Mock Draft

Started by Mr.Craig, July 30, 2013, 12:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I think a lot of clubs will go on needs:

My logic is:

- Roos will draft a Harder, bigger type than the smaller Aish, Billings or Kelly. (So i'm leaning towards one of Freeman, Crouch or Sheed)

- Bulldogs will draft another hardened mid, to complement Liberatore and Smith. (One of Crouch or Freeman).

- Hearing rumours that GC are intent on selecting a classy running back, Kade fits that mould. They have a later pick, which they can use for a quality mid that will still be around (e.g. Dunstan)

- Sheed highly linked to West Coast, who hold him in high regard.

- GWS are keen on Scharenberg, and he would be an absolute steal if he made it there. Could also end up going to GC at 5.

- Tigers select another 'HARD' player.

- Collingwood 'Get lucky'... again.

- Carlton also very fortunate, I do however see Billings slipping anyway.

- Port and Geelong go for best available.

- Sydney draft for the future, I doubt Gardiner will play much next year if he ends up at the Swans.

- Fremantle drafts on needs, I do however really rate Harvey.

- Saints pick on potential e.g. Spencer White mark II

- GC select an inside mid.

To note:

- I don't believe Melbourne will keep pick 2.

- I also think Collingwood will obtain pick 11 and ontrade it.

- Hawks should get pick 18 and ontrade that too.

- I also believe GWS will try to trade up pick 9, to be assured of getting Scharenberg.

Mr.Craig

Hmmm, interesting MTTY. I'm sure my list will begin to change once I start matching players to club's needs.

Will Collingwood take Josh Kelly AND Jake Kelly? Surely too confusing. :P

Quote from: specky92 on October 12, 2013, 11:57:05 AM
:o I just assumed he was a midfielder, is there any ruck men in top 20 contention?

I wouldn't think so. Lobb or Nankervis would most likely go mid second round at the earliest.

kilbluff1985

Desperately want both the Crouch brothers in BXV but no chance he'll make it to pick 13 :(

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on October 12, 2013, 12:12:37 PM
Desperately want both the Crouch brothers in BXV but no chance he'll make it to pick 13 :(

It's not very probable, but stranger things have happened.  :P

Also, if things are to go the way MTTY's predicted. I'd be stoked with Dumont to the Tiges, although I can't imagine them passing up Billings or Lennon if they were there. 

Vinny

Pick 7 and 9 >:D

Nige

Quote from: vinny on October 12, 2013, 12:19:44 PM

I'm going to be very intrigued to see how you use them.

Mr.Craig

There's a little bit of O'Rourke/Macrae about where Kelly and Crouch might fall.

I always rated Macrae as a better prospect but for whatever reason GWS felt O'Rourke was a better fit. The same could happen with Crouch dropping below Kelly despite Crouch seemingly being more likely to end up as elite.

specky92

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 12, 2013, 12:32:27 PM
There's a little bit of O'Rourke/Macrae about where Kelly and Crouch might fall.

I always rated Macrae as a better prospect but for whatever reason GWS felt O'Rourke was a better fit. The same could happen with Crouch dropping below Kelly despite Crouch seemingly being more likely to end up as elite.
you mean Kelly more likely to be elite?  ???

Vinny

Quote from: NigeyS on October 12, 2013, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: vinny on October 12, 2013, 12:19:44 PM

I'm going to be very intrigued to see how you use them.

I have Noz and Holz to make sure I don't do something extremely stupid.  ;D

Mr.Craig

Quote from: specky92 on October 12, 2013, 12:34:46 PM
you mean Kelly more likely to be elite?  ???

Nope.

Just look at Knightmare's rankings over at BigFooty. He has Crouch as the fourth best rookie prospect and Kelly at 21.

I'm not saying Kelly will be a bust by any means but he will probably go higher than he really should.

Kellogscrunchynut

Whats your view on Hartung, what other skills does he have to compliment his running?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 12, 2013, 01:38:08 PM
Whats your view on Hartung, what other skills does he have to compliment his running?

I guess it all stems from the running; he's there to get the handball receive from the inside mid, burn off his opponent and deliver to a forward or kick the goal himself which he's shown he's more than capable of. Going the other way he can chase down players and has a good tackle once he gets a hold of them.

Despite what happened at the Champs with him shutting down Aish, I'm not sure he's a good fit as a tagger or negative forward. I see him playing more of a Ben Kennedy type role in the future.

ADEZ

Hey all, what are things like this?
There's always mention about Asian XV and what not, sounds quite good
Could someone fill me in?
Thanks

specky92

Quote from: ADEZ on October 12, 2013, 06:28:39 PM

Thanks
ill pm you

LF

Quote from: ADEZ on October 12, 2013, 06:28:39 PM

Thanks

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/board,70.0.html

see here :)