Main Menu

Your team and 2014 list management

Started by tbagrocks, July 28, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

its me lads

Was Nahas not in the side Because he didn't work defensively? I rate him but don't look at things like that when watching games  ::)

As we saw in 2011 he can get ball and is very dangerous. I think should do what Sydney have done with Jesse White. Sydney have had to play him and he's done well so now he has some value at the trade table. If they intend on trading him the Tigers should play him, get some good games out of  him and then he will have some value come trade week.

Vinny

Quote from: its me lads on July 31, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Was Nahas not in the side Because he didn't work defensively? I rate him but don't look at things like that when watching games  ::)

As we saw in 2011 he can get ball and is very dangerous. I think should do what Sydney have done with Jesse White. Sydney have had to play him and he's done well so now he has some value at the trade table. If they intend on trading him the Tigers should play him, get some good games out of  him and then he will have some value come trade week.

I do like Nahas too.

But the last time I watched him - He was about to go on after starting as sub but he wasn't warming or getting ready at all, just siting there waiting. So all the commentators were having a go at the bloke. Eventually he runs straight on and drops a sitter with no-one within 20m of him. :P

tbagrocks

Honestly I will update the op here,

But do I update with every request? Can do but, any other way to get our thoughts + truth onto the thread?

BTW, great thread guys! So much thought and ideas here, but can't all go into the op? How to decifer I did not consider!

Vinny

Yeah good thread mate !

Maybe state what each team needs and possible players that could be traded ?

Just a thought haha.

Big Mac

Melbourne needs to target midfielders. Our forward, defence and ruck lines are actually half decent on paper, but our midfield is the worst in the AFL. We can't afford to be drafting Aish/Toumpas like players, who are slight outside mids who will take time to develop. We need to draft hard in and under mids, like Dominic Sheed or Billings. We should also be targeting someone like a Viv Michie or Taylor Adams, as well as an older free agent who can bring invaluable experience to our midfield like a Sewell, Dal Santo or Cross.
- Players who should leave are:
- Jamar
- Blease
- Watts
- Davey
- Pedersen
- Dunn
- Byrnes

ADEZ

Quote from: Big  Mac on August 01, 2013, 08:00:39 PM
Melbourne needs to target midfielders. Our forward, defence and ruck lines are actually half decent on paper, but our midfield is the worst in the AFL. We can't afford to be drafting Aish/Toumpas like players, who are slight outside mids who will take time to develop. We need hard in and under mids, someone like a Dominic Sheed or Billings. Players to be traded that are actually worth something are Jamar and Watts.
Yep, they have to follow a similar direction as Richmond who have gotten Conca/Ellis/Vlaustin with their past three first picks, all hard players with a burst of speed

Big Mac

Quote from: meow meow on August 01, 2013, 09:31:19 PM
Melbourne needs to target midfielders. Our forward, defence and ruck lines are actually half decent on paper, but our midfield is the worst in the AFL. We can't afford to be drafting Aish/Toumpas like players, who are slight outside mids who will take time to develop. We need hard in and under mids, someone like a Dominic Sheed or Billings. Players to be traded that are actually worth something are Jamar and Watts.

Uhh... what!?

Not sure how I messed that one up - I think I meant Dunstan

Rusty00

Melbourne needs to target midfielders. Our forward, defence and ruck lines are actually half decent on paper, but our midfield is the worst in the AFL. We can't afford to be drafting Aish/Toumpas like players, who are slight outside mids who will take time to develop. We need to draft hard in and under mids, like Dominic Sheed or Billings. We should also be targeting someone like a Viv Michie or Taylor Adams, as well as an older free agent who can bring invaluable experience to our midfield like a Sewell, Dal Santo or Cross.
- Jamar
- Blease
- Watts
- Davey
- Pedersen
- Dunn
- Byrnes
You don't think Rodan should be on this list? Hasn't played many games this season in a struggling team. 29 years old and I don't really see him as part of Melbourne's future.

Big Mac

Quote from: Rusty00 on August 06, 2013, 02:52:59 PM
- Jamar
- Blease
- Watts
- Davey
- Pedersen
- Dunn
- Byrnes
You don't think Rodan should be on this list? Hasn't played many games this season in a struggling team. 29 years old and I don't really see him as part of Melbourne's future.

Yeh, and now that I think about it Gillies, Jetta and maybe Joel Macdonald/Bail could be on that list

valkorum

I think its quite clear what Freo need - a power forward.

Samsturmfels

Collingwood willl need some more Ruckmen
Also we should get rid of Clarke and Russell

Ringo

Obviously Brisbane need a KPP Forward with Brown nearing retirement. Whilst a couple are shining in the NEAFL can not make the jump up.  Paparone will be good but is 2 years away. Buddy would enjoy the sunshine in Qld.

valkorum

Quote from: Ringo on August 20, 2013, 11:33:13 AM
Obviously Brisbane need a KPP Forward with Brown nearing retirement. Whilst a couple are shining in the NEAFL can not make the jump up.  Paparone will be good but is 2 years away. Buddy would enjoy the sunshine in Qld.

Just like Fev did :P

Rusty00

Quote from: Samsturmfels on August 20, 2013, 11:28:53 AM
Collingwood willl need some more Ruckmen
Also we should get rid of Clarke and Russell
Grundy looks to be a star of the future. His body probably not ready to be No.1 ruck for a full season though.

Samsturmfels

Collingwood will need some Ruckmen because Hudson will be retiring and I think Jolly should retire as well
Id like getting Tom Bellchambers