Main Menu

Your team and 2014 list management

Started by tbagrocks, July 28, 2013, 06:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Ok, so here's a thread to find out what your team wants, needs, experience (GWS  ::)) youth? What will/could do in October/November

Example: Brisbane need a big forward? Do crows chase players or draft young? What of Collingwood, Geelong, Swans and Hawks, will they patch up or draft youngsters? Do Melbourne just targer kids? Do Freo need anything to win? Will GWS (A bit too late though) Trade a pick for a player? #no1?

What are your thoughts?

ADELAIDE

BRISBANE

CARLTON

COLLINGWOOD

ESSENDON

FREMANTLE

GEELONG

GOLD COAST

WESTERN SYDNEY

HAWTHORN

MELBOURNE

NORTH MELBOURNE

PORT ADELAIDE

RICHMOND

SYDNEY

ST KILDA

WEST COAST

WESTERN BULLDOGS

tbagrocks

I think Adelaide need to get either Day or Gorringe from the GC, I hear Gorringe connected with Port though!

Make a play for free agents! See who is there, we have the cash now!

Trade for a higher draft pick, Vince, VB, Reilly, Mackay? Somebody, to get a decent pick?

KoopKicka

Port need a guy with run out the backline. Not sure whos available to provide it though.

Mat0369

I have said this before but Melbourne should look at getting a few guys from Carlton. They can probably buy low on guys like Laidler, Duigan, Warnock, Hampson and even someone like Tom Bell who is rookie listed. They fill some needs and apart from Duigan they are all young

Vinny

As everyone knows - Carlton is in desperate need of a gun tall forward.

Waite can't consistently get himself on the park and our small forwards are too up and down.

I really like Lachie Henderson. Has a nice mark and moves very well.

Having him and another strong tall forward would be ideal.

Kreuzer is dominating in the ruck and that's where he belongs.
Casboult has a nice mark but isn't good in front of goal. After a few years development should be quite handy.
Similar to Rowe. Has lots of potential but needs development.

Players that might be under consideration for trading is Laidler Duigan and maybe Chris Yarran.
However Yarran seems to be a little bit better in the last couple. I also think he is better playing defence.

Tom Boyd please ;)

Clyde Frog

I'd like to see the Dockers go after Jesse White and Scott Gumbleton, both look like they will be starved of opportunities when their team is full strength.

Hawka

Hawks need young midfielders, whether it comes in the draft or through trades, Preferablly through trades because we need a youth injection into our midfield and fast

stew42

Jesse White seems a popular option... and his trade value goes up with every goal he kicks! I'm licking my lips here  ;D

KoopKicka

Quote from: Hawka on July 28, 2013, 09:01:37 PM
Hawks need young midfielders, whether it comes in the draft or through trades, Preferablly through trades because we need a youth injection into our midfield and fast

Taylor Adams?

Capper

About from Mattner i dont know who else will leave the Swans as Bolton and Goodes will play atm.

Swans need backs

kilbluff1985

Quote from: KoopKicka on July 28, 2013, 09:10:24 PM

Taylor Adams?

which defender or ruckman would they be willing to lose though Bailey?

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 28, 2013, 09:23:00 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on July 28, 2013, 09:10:24 PM

Taylor Adams?

which defender or ruckman would they be willing to lose though Bailey?

Bailey for Adams? Yes please!

Mat0369

I would say that the Hawks 1st for Adams is more likely. Maybe they can do a Buddy and a 1st for Adams and the number 1 pick. That would be an interesting trade.

kilbluff1985

i don't think they would want just a draft pick unless very early like top 10 think they would rather a defender or ruck type with a bit of experience is what they need not another pick and they know it to

Mat0369

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 28, 2013, 10:48:06 PM
i don't think they would want just a draft pick unless very early like top 10 think they would rather a defender or ruck type with a bit of experience is what they need not another pick and they know it to

Which is why they will offload their picks for these guys, but with the introduction of FA, they can start to stagger the age of their kids and top up the older guys through FA. They would want someone more reliable then Bailey for Adams, if say the Hawks wanted Adams, they could offload him for their 1st, then send that to Essendon for Bellchambers.