Main Menu

Coach of the year

Started by kilbluff1985, July 22, 2013, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Will add more if needed

They did this on MMM yesterday so I'm interested with what we think as they had Hird, Lyon and Hinkley as the top 3 in different orders but

Can cast 2 votes

Capper

Hinkley just in front of Lyon IMO

nostradamus

Nige

If it's not Ken Hinkley, then it's nobody imo.

Mailman the 2nd

Kind of an odd question lol

At this stage in the season Hinkley is a mile above everyone

Grazz

For me it's Hinkley comfortably, has taken Port from a rabble in 2012 to a side that is now contesting the top 8. As a Crows man its bitter sweet but I take my hat off to him has done a superb job. Hinkley easily over the others.

PowerBug

No love for Guy McKenna? Gold Coast were under alot of pressure to perform this year, and they delivered.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 22, 2013, 05:35:39 PM
Kind of an odd question lol

meh boredom and yeah they had it on MMM yesterday like i said

Master Q

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on July 22, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
No love for Guy McKenna? Gold Coast were under alot of pressure to perform this year, and they delivered.
Bluey a close second for me, I just think that what Ken's done with Port has been fantastic. He finally got a coaching gig and has had a very good first year in the job.

Ziplock

Lyon for me. His side's been constantly ravaged by injury and they're still up there.

Longmire as well for a similar reason.

I'm not sure how much of port's progress is hinkley tbh- last year they showed significant improvement as well (even though primus got sacked).

Ringo

Hinkley for the Job he has done with Port just in advance of McKenna who has responded to the pressure heaped on him for the Suns to perform this year.

quinny88

Mark neeld? :P to take an already woeful side even further backwards as he did takes some serious skill.
I mean someone that can come in, start swinging the axe at high draft pick players, lose senior players, give the captaincy to a kid, hire his mates to sit along side him in the coaches box, recruit washed up rejects from other clubs.. All of this and keep his job for a year and a half.. Some effort!

its me lads

Hahaha quinny Neeld really fkd the demons over didn't he.

I voted Ross Lyon. He's been missing stars for the while yea but still doing very well.

Next vote went to Hinkley. No doubt he did a lot but also gotta credit Darren Burgess aswell.

T Dog

Big Johnnie Longmire gets my vote.