Main Menu

Coach of the year

Started by kilbluff1985, July 22, 2013, 04:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

specky92

I probably sound super bias but I think Hird has been the best coach this year. At the start of the season barely anyone tipped the bombers to get in the 8 and when all this ASADA shower popped up it made the job twice as hard but here we are sitting 2nd on the ladder, Hird has got the job done

its me lads

Hird is in the middle of all the drugs stuff, could be the main person behind it. Couldn't vote for him but yes he has done a great job.

specky92

Quote from: its me lads on July 23, 2013, 12:35:13 PM
Hird is in the middle of all the drugs stuff, could be the main person behind it. Couldn't vote for him but yes he has done a great job.
technically that was last year,  ;)  8)

Holz

Quote from: specky92 on July 23, 2013, 12:29:08 PM
I probably sound super bias but I think Hird has been the best coach this year. At the start of the season barely anyone tipped the bombers to get in the 8 and when all this ASADA shower popped up it made the job twice as hard but here we are sitting 2nd on the ladder, Hird has got the job done

really? they were really good last year before getitng mass injuries. I thought everyone had essendon easy in their 8. Second is beating expectations but I had them in the 4-6 range.

specky92

Quote from: Holzman on July 23, 2013, 01:01:57 PM

really? they were really good last year before getitng mass injuries. I thought everyone had essendon easy in their 8. Second is beating expectations but I had them in the 4-6 range.
I rated him 4-6 as well but they has like 25 odd people in the herald sun predict the top 8 and one guy had essendon in the 8. And most of them had Carlton top 4, ::)

Holz

Quote from: specky92 on July 23, 2013, 01:44:19 PM
Quote from: Holzman on July 23, 2013, 01:01:57 PM

I rated him 4-6 as well but they has like 25 odd people in the herald sun predict the top 8 and one guy had essendon in the 8. And most of them had Carlton top 4, ::)

should clarify it, everyone with a clue should of had them in the 8. I despise Essendon so for me to put them potentail top 4 means they have to be good.

Hinkley for caoch of the year for me, done wonders with that group.

nrich102

Is this a real question? Vossy easily :P

I think Bluey Mckenna. There may be a bit of Queensland Bias there though :P

Dudge

I don't think anyone would've thought Port would be challenging for a finals spot at this time of the year, myself included. I realise I may be bias, but I voted Hinkley, just mainly for making us competative

Ringo

Quote from: nrich102 on July 23, 2013, 03:31:41 PM
Is this a real question? Vossy easily :P

This is Coach of the year.

Voss and Buckley will be running neck and neck for spud coach of the year.

henry

Quote from: PowerBug on July 22, 2013, 05:45:06 PM
No love for Guy McKenna? Gold Coast were under alot of pressure to perform this year, and they delivered.
I reckon the ridiculous amount of talent at his disposal reduces his impact, still has done a good job but it was inevitable that gc would improve this year and I think i tipped them to finish around 9th-10th at the start of the year, expect similar results next year for gws. Remember how gc struggled with 2nd year blues too, maybe not as bad.

Reckon Lyon has been phenomenal in the past 2 years with freo especially with key players such as sandi, bradley, pavlich out for long periods of time, they are now a genuine premiership chance.
Hinkley also has done a great job, he gets my other vote.

Toga

BB67th

Hinkley just beats Lyon for me. Done amazing things with Port this year and Ross is doing a good job at Freo despite injuries.

Grazz

Quote from: quinny88 on July 23, 2013, 09:45:01 AM
Mark neeld? :P to take an already woeful side even further backwards as he did takes some serious skill.
I mean someone that can come in, start swinging the axe at high draft pick players, lose senior players, give the captaincy to a kid, hire his mates to sit along side him in the coaches box, recruit washed up rejects from other clubs.. All of this and keep his job for a year and a half.. Some effort!

Lol when you put it like that, that really would take some doing. Can I have another vote please sir.  :o