EPIC WIN OR FAIL? for the lulz top 10 for sure.

Started by yoyo45, March 07, 2010, 02:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoyo45

yoyo45

Bs Flyers

A strong team but isn't Burton out for several weeks? 

A very powerful backline - maybe too strong, there are starting to be a lot of anti-Newman talk but he can rack up big scores.  Vince is also having some injury concerns at the moment.  I like the 3 mid rookie starters, I've done the same, but wonder if Vince and Cooney are going to score highly enough to make it work - imo need 3 really premium mids if using this strategy.   Forwards also strong but would change Burton I would have suggested Ballantyne but maybe not with Mayne.

Big_Cox14

Defence is very strong. Probably a bit too top heavy for my liking. Maybe downgrade one of your premiums to a mid-tier player and upgrade the midfield.
Midfield: Not sure about starting 3 rookies. Very risky, but that is the name of the game I guess.
Forwards are pretty strong as well. But, I'm pretty sure that Burton is injured. I would probably trade him for someone like Ballantyne or Ben Warren.

Prospector_1

I like it a lot. I like strong backlines anyway (check my starting line-up last year).

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,2707.msg13889.html#msg13889

With three mid rookies on field, as already said, you need the other 3 to be guns, IMO. The structure then is pretty much determined by these choices, and what you decide to do in the rucks.

Go for as strong a forward line as you can manage after the previous decisions are made, remembering that forwards are the most inconsistent scorers.

Good Luck!

bigboppa

cooney's nab scores have been pretty average, im not sold on him yet..

yoyo45

bit more balanced what do you think?

or was the other one better with the exception of burton out lol.

cheers guys any suggestions would be great.

Big_Cox14

Yeah, I think your latest side is definitely more balanced. Much better.

Bs Flyers

I think that's a great looking side really good balance, keepers and cash cows with some really good mid premiums as well.  Only weakness may be the rucks - well it looks like a weakness now compared to the rest of the side.

dmac0712

personally i like the look of the first team, greater risk, but greater possible reward.. only change i would've made from the first side is downgrade newman/okeefe (id choose okeefe, over priced) to someone in the 300's (ziebell/medhurst/dangerfield).

use the 200k to go from cooney and vince to two higher premiums, take your pick of which two, mitchell/boyd/selwood/bartel/pendlebury/dal santo etc... all good options

yoyo45

cheers guys.

for the first team just worried that the whole thing is gana be a flop or a success just cos i have no idea how the rookies are gana go.

im not that great at managing my team during  the year so im guessing the 2nd team would be better for me?