what upgrades do i make? help required!!

Started by dmac0712, March 07, 2010, 01:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmac0712

Here is my current team..

Backs:
Enright, C
Shaw, H
Hoge, L
Wite, J
O'Brien, H
Kenelly, T
Waters, B
(Maguir, Davis)

Mids:
Pendlebudy, S
Selwood, J
Mitchell, S
Boyd, M
Martin, D
Barlow, M
(Banner, Moles)

Rucks:
Naitanui, N
Seaby, M

Fwds:
Riewoldt, N
Gia, D
Murphy, R
Buchanan, A
Dangerfield, P
Ziebell, J
Medhurts, P
(Rohan, Rockliff)

I have 435k left over.. my question is whereto spend the money, a few options are...
waters --> newman
banner/barlow --> swallow/vince/watson
seaby & naitanui --> sandilands & tippet
buchanan &medhurst --> chapman & gray

let me know what you think of those, or the rest of my team in general.. finished inthe 4000's last year and knocked out in prelims of my league, looking to improve

Resch

Rucks definitely.

Big weakness in your team.

Bs Flyers

Yep Rucks no. 1 - know everyone just about has him but sandi will take 230k out of you remainder.

The forwards are probably lighter on than the backs - Buddy / Pav both cheap and could kill you if they have really big games for your opponent.  Maybe cut Rohan to Hitchcock or another rookie to free up another 50k. then look at upgrading one of your midpricers in the forwards.

The mids look good (if you don't want gaj)

Maybe a smaller upgrade Waters to Malcheski / Hunt / Greenwood, Waters still has a lot of question marks imo.

hawk_88

Your rucks aren't horrible if you use the remaining money right as both rucks look like going up significantly this year.

Put the money if your forward line. When Gia is your no 2 you have some issues. Upgrade Buchanan.

Waters to Malcheski / Hunt / Greenwood is totally agree with but would go as far as to suggest O'Brien for one of those 3 as well.

You should probably have enough money to upgrade to GAJ or upgrade 1 of the rucks.

dmac0712

Backs:
Enright, C
Shaw, H
Hoge, L
Waite, J
Kenelly, T
Hunt, J
Ladson, R
(Maguir, Davis)

Mids:
Pendlebudy, S
Selwood, J
Mitchell, S
Boyd, M
Martin, D
Barlow, M
(Banner, Moles)

Rucks:
Sandilands, A
Naitanui, N
(Warnock, Roughead)

Fwds:
Riewoldt, N
Franklin, L
Gia, D
Gray, R
Murphy, R
Dangerfield, P
Ziebell, J
(Hitchcock, Rockliff)

Made afew changes, what do you think?

RICHOO

dmac0712

harry o already gone, think he will get some big scores, but too many shut down roles.
spoke to soon, made a few more fine tunings.. think this is about my final team, bar changes to roookes/bench based on whos picked.

Backs:
Enright, C
Shaw, H
Hoge, L
Waite, J
Kenelly, T
Hunt, J
Ladson, R
(Maguir, Waters)

Mids:
Pendlebudy, S
Selwood, J
Mitchell, S
Boyd, M
Martin, D
Barlow, M
(Banner, Moles)

Rucks:
Sandilands, A
Seaby, M
(Warnock, Roughead)

Fwds:
Riewoldt, N
Gia, D
Gray, R
Tippet, K
Murphy, R
Dangerfield, P
Ziebell, J
(Hitchcock, Rockliff)

Feel free to critcise/advise.. wanted to keep waters to make cash, but moved to the bench.

Not a start studded forward line, but outside riewoldt i thinktop fwds are overpriced, i.e pav - reduced role, brown - less goals with fev, okeefe/didak - somewhat unreliable and cant get any better than last year..

Feel free to tell me im wrong, thats wat im here for haha.

RICHOO

looking better now. maybe get mitch clarke in ruck over sandi. get some cash? prob not worth it but?:

hawk_88

Quote from: RICHOO on March 07, 2010, 02:07:06 PM
looking better now. maybe get mitch clarke in ruck over sandi. get some cash? prob not worth it but?:

No, not worth it. Leave Sandilands where he is.

You do need another power forward. You have to pick keepers, players you intend to keep the entire season and going up in value is far less important. That is where Didak/ROK come in. They might go down 20K over the season, but they form the backbone of your team.