Ringo

Quote from: SydneyRox on July 21, 2013, 11:13:08 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on July 19, 2013, 11:32:27 AM
Backs: J.Carlisle 57, Bugg 81 , Newman 88, Stratton 77     303
Mids: Beams 173 x 2 (C), Douglas 157(VC), Corey 141, Curnow 107     751
Ruck: Bellchambers       65
Fwds: Lyons 89, Mayne 74, Dahlhaus 55 , Adams      128
Util: Ryder 58, Lee 50            108

Emergencies: A.Carlile(B), Williams(M), Neade(F)

1355 + 50 + 20 = 1425
Your Team Total this week is 1573+50+20 = 1643 Your Forward Line adds up to 346 Think you just added Adams 128.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ringo on July 22, 2013, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on July 21, 2013, 11:13:08 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on July 19, 2013, 11:32:27 AM
Backs: J.Carlisle 57, Bugg 81 , Newman 88, Stratton 77     303
Mids: Beams 173 x 2 (C), Douglas 157(VC), Corey 141, Curnow 107     751
Ruck: Bellchambers       65
Fwds: Lyons 89, Mayne 74, Dahlhaus 55 , Adams      128
Util: Ryder 58, Lee 50            108

Emergencies: A.Carlile(B), Williams(M), Neade(F)

1355 + 50 + 20 = 1425
Your Team Total this week is 1573+50+20 = 1643 Your Forward Line adds up to 346 Think you just added Adams 128.

Cheers Ringo, was in a rush last night and still a little bit "happy" after going to the game!

Ringo

Round 15 Update

Couple of upsets this round with the Owls defeating the Bombers and the Giants upsetting the Falcons.
This will turn the table around somewhat so we wait to see impact when % are calculated.

Bradford Badgers 25.20.170 defeated Liverpool Lobsters 22.17.149
The Badgers continue to flex their muscles and accounted for the Lobsters who had a vastly improved showing under the new coaching regime and maybe they can lift themselves of the bottom of the ladder. The Badgers midfield again proved too strong and this was basically the difference between the 2 teams. The Lobsters lack of depth was exposed in that they were forced to field ruckman Jarrod Witts as a makeshift forward,
Best Players
Badgers: Cotchin, Griffin, Mzungu, Hanley, Barlow
Lobsters: Grigg, Heppell, Duncan, Harvey, Walters

Winchester Werewolves 25.13.163 defeated Manchester Magic 21.14.140
Late changes: Steven Morris replaces Lance Franklin for the Magic,
The Werewolves continue on the merry way with a win over the luckless Magic. The magic continue to suffer with injury to Ruckmen forcing them to field make shift Ruckmen. This allows the opposition to dominate and give first service to their midfield and with a midfield as strong as the Werewolves you will always be behind the eight ball. With the midfield dominating Werewolves were able to score at will with their forwards led by Robbie Gray able to convert opportunities.
Best Players
Werewolves: Priddis, Melksham, Fyfe, Myers, Ball
Magic: Sloane, Liberatore, Shiel, Ellis. Adams

Huddersfield Hawks 25.14.164 defeated Leeds Leeches 20.13.133
Late changes: Kyle Cheney replaced Jacob Brennan and Koby Stevens replaced Sam Mitchell for the Hawks.
The Hawks showed the competition is not necessarily a 2 horse race with a comfortable win over the Leeches. The withdrawal of vice captain Sam Mitchell before the game did not unduly effect them with replacement Koby Stevens performing admirably. With Kreuzer dominating the Ruck, the Hawks midfield were able to have first use of the ball and were influential in getting the ball forward quickly from the clearances. The Leeches were unable to stop this forward momentum resulting in the easy win to the Hawks.
Best Players:
Hawks: Josh P Kennedy, Kreuzer, Wingard, Sylvia, Bastinac
Leeches: LeCras, Hayes, Van Berlo

Bilston Bunnies 25.14.164 defeated Crosby Cruisers 15.17.107
The Bunnies had a very comfortable win over the cruisers who appear to be in complete disarray with mounting speculation over the coaches future. The Bunnies have put in one of their best performances for the season albe it against an inferior opposition. Coach Sydney Rox will be hoping this form continues over the next 2 weeks with the team having a very outside chance at making the eight, Dayne Beams continues to show what the Bunnies have missed so far this season.
Best Players:
Bunnies: Beams, Douglas, Corey, Adams, Curnow
Cruisers: Reddan. McVeigh, Hale, Jackson

Grope Lane Giants 20.13.133 defeated Newcastle Falcons 20.7.127
Late Changes: Tory Dickson replaced Jonathan Brown for the Giants and Tom Simpkin replaced Nick Suban and Nathan Lovett-Murray replaced Taylor Hunt for the Falcons.
The Falcons were always going to be on the back foot with the late withdrawals of defenders Hunt and Suban with out of position players. The  Giants reaped the rewards of playing 2 ruckmen in Leuenberger and Hudson and this set up their 4th win of the season. It was a very scrappy game with the ball fluctuating between the the 2 50 metre arcs and numerous stoppages as neither team wanted to lose so defense was the key. Well done the Giants and the Falcons caoch must be really searching for what went wrong after a strong start to the season. Who would have thought after round 5 that the falcons may miss the finals all together.
Best Players:
Giants: Leuenberger, Pettard, Ebert
Falcons: Selwood, Hanneberry, McEvoy.

Oxford Owls 25.17.167 defeated Birmingham Bombers 24.14.158
In a close games the Owls just got over the Bombers by 9 points in what can be classed as an upset.  Teams were very well matched but with midfielder and Captain Jack Steven for the Owls having his best game of the season, supported by Dal santo,the pressure was always back on the Bombers. With the service being provided by Steven and Dalsanto, forwards Cloke, Giansiracusa and Broughton were able to take advantage and post goals when needed. First year player Jaeger O'Meara continues to impress for the Owls and would be the favourite for Rising Star at this stage of the season.
Best Players:
Owls: Dal Santo, Giansiracusa, O'Meara. Steven, Cloke
Bombers: Ziebell, Murphy, Lewis, Vince, Crouch

Hastings Hurricanes 24.14.158 defeated Staines Steins 24.9.153
Late changes: Luke Brown replaced Blayne Wilson for the Hurricanes and Tom Lonergan replaced Shane Tuck for the Steins.
In a very close game the Hurricanes just got over the Steins who put in one of their best performances of the season. In the end the Steins could not contain the dual forward power of Staker and Edwards who seemed to kick clutch goals as required to keep the Hurricanes in front.
Best Players
Hurricanes: Gaff, Staker, Mundy, Edwards, Petrie
Steins: Henderson, Jack, Nick Riewoldt, Mohr, O'Keefe.

Swansea Breakers 26.17.173 defeated Hebden Bridge Hedgehogs 24.15.159
Late changes: Troy Chaplin replaced Mitch Golby for the Breakers.
The Breakers continue to fly under the radar and this suits their coaches Ringo and nrich as they can go about their tasks without the outside influences. The Breakers recorded the highest score of the week to comfortably defeat the Hedgehogs who needed the win to cement their place in the top 8. This was a very high class game with the midfield of both sides fighting for domination as would be expected from 2 teams in the 8 with the Breakers eventually getting on top late. This enabled the Breakers forward Josh Kennedy  take a couple of contested marks and convert proving the difference in the end,
Best Players:
Breakers: Montagna, Cooney, Swan, Kennedy, Sidebottom
Hedgehogs: Lobbe, Martin, Josh Thomas, Jack Riewoldt, Mark Hutchings.

Nottingham Hoods 24,12.156 defeated Swindon Swaggers 23.12.150
Late changes Jed Lamb replaced Jarryd Blair for the Swaggers and David Mackay replaced Matt Rosa and Andy Otten replaced Aaron Sandilands for the Swaggers,
In a very close game the Swaggers nearly pulled off an upset pushing the second placed Hoods all the way. The Hoods suffered a severe blow just before bounce with big ruck man Aaron Sandilands pulling out and this allowed for the very even contest. If the Swaggers had a larger home crowd it could have resulted in a win but as with teams lower on the ladder home crowds can be very fickle. This was a very free flowing game with both teams going goal for goal throughout the afternoon with the Hoods in front at final siren. It was a very encouraging performance by the Swaggers and they no doubt will be issuing some challenge next year given the right recruitment.
Best Players
Hoods: Ablett, Masten, Pendleberry. Hodge, MacKay
Swaggers: Rockliff, Rance, Isaac Smith, Trengrove, Lamb

Colliwobblers

awesome Ringo, I thought the Magic put in a strong performance had me worried at time, apart from a few super low scores the team was very competitive, happy to get away with the win this week.

Nige

elephants

4th highest score for the week but we had to play the top scorer! >:(

kilbluff1985

Colliwobblers

can't shake those Hoods.... probably hope they finish top 2 if i can so i don't have to play them 1st week of finals...

SydneyRox

Just done the sums, i cant see us making the 8 even if we do win both the last.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 22, 2013, 03:13:28 PM
can't shake those Hoods.... probably hope they finish top 2 if i can so i don't have to play them 1st week of finals...
Prefer to verse the Badgers :o :P

Capper

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whatlez on July 22, 2013, 05:01:03 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 22, 2013, 03:13:28 PM
Prefer to verse the Badgers :o :P

depends if you make it to 3rd or even 4th :)

i think i will be 2nd so that means you will need to be 3rd.

my prediction:

hoods
werewolves
hurricanes
badgers / hawks   ?
breakers

breakers have the toughest finish....

PowerBug

I have no Dangerfield now so the half player Stephen Hill is playing for me :P By no means am I going to make Top 4.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nails

Quote from: Nails on July 20, 2013, 11:32:48 PM
Quote from: Nails on July 19, 2013, 07:50:09 PM
Backs: J. Grimes 80, D. Stanley 78, G. Ibbotson (VC) 76, C. O'Shea 71
Mids: B. Ebert 180 (C), B. McLean 81, M. Wallis 68, R. Conca 60
Ruck: B. Hudson 69
Forwards: J. Brown (Dickson) 91, R. Petterd 101, A. Everitt 47, M. Wright 90
Utilities: M. Leuenberger 121, B. Dalziell 65
Emergencies: T. Dickson, P. Stewart, E. Yeo
Captain: Ebert
Vice - Captain: Ibbotson
EVC: McLean
potato

Look at those scores... I can't believe we won. It's why I didn't add up the scores until now. I only added up now because I didn't trust Ringo saying we won. wtf

Won 3 of our last 4 games iirc. Not bad for a team that was in the wooden spoon spot.

Colliwobblers

haven't you been missing grimes stanley dickson pettard for most of the season - that helps that they are back, burger going well lately too