Main Menu

Harry O'brian

Started by blue, July 05, 2013, 07:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Buckley & Harry met this afternoon according the Matt Thompson now working at the AFL (formerly SEN) & said Harry will be back at the club in the morning. Saga over, except he actually does have an ankle injury.

ossie85

Anyone tired of the media this year? The essendon saga, the nonsense pie stories, buddy hysteria, neeld hounding... Can't we focus on the game which has been very good this year.

Suppose we are to blame cos we keep reading them. I for one have stopped reading Caroline Wilson

My Chumps

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-09/obriens-anguish.workstation

Do not know whether any one has seen the interviews with Harry this morning.  Reveals a whole lot more than an argument with coach which may have been the straw that tilted him.

A number of Personal Issues mentioned depression, suicide, sexual abuse as well as witnessing a murder.

Buckley has a press conference scheduled for mid day.

its me lads

its me lads

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2013, 11:42:21 AM

Do not know whether any one has seen the interviews with Harry this morning.  Reveals a whole lot more than an argument with coach which may have been the straw that tilted him.

A number of Personal Issues mentioned depression, suicide, sexual abuse as well as witnessing a murder.

Far out thats serious.  :-X

Ringo

Yes very serious so maybe time to forget the humour and realise there are real serious issues here that are being dealt with.

Vinny

Yeah I've read about it before.

Harry lost his stepfather to suicide in 09' and was considering taking a season out from AFL.

Mick talked him out of it and helped him get through - Went onto be in the AA team.

He also witnessed a murder in Brazil which sent him into a form of depression.

Very sad history for the man :-\

its me lads

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2013, 12:08:57 PM
Yes very serious so maybe time to forget the humour and realise there are real serious issues here that are being dealt with.
Yes it is.

However I saw this
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 08, 2013, 08:40:13 PM
http://the-flack.com/2013/07/inside-the-infamous-harry-obriennathan-buckley-meeting/

lol that's funny

before I saw this
Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2013, 11:42:21 AM

So you can understand why I had a laugh, because I hadn't seen the serious post.

Quote from: vinny on July 09, 2013, 12:10:39 PM
Yeah I've read about it before.

Harry lost his stepfather to suicide in 09' and was considering taking a season out from AFL.

Mick talked him out of it and helped him get through - Went onto be in the AA team.

He also witnessed a murder in Brazil which sent him into a form of depression.

Very sad history for the man :-\

That'd be very tough for him.

Cruiseon

Tough situation and quite well handled by all parties i think. Harry defused the situation with Bucks well by saying the disagreement was minor and basically "its me not him" and please give me some space. If this happened in any other club the attention would be far less.

For now the media need to give him the space to work through his challenges and of course we wish him all the best. It will be very interesting to hear him talk in the future about his coping mechanisms, hopefully when he is in a better place.   

ossie85

Exactly Cruise - and Bucks and the clubs line of 'no comment' is exactly what any respectful organision should do.

I bet Mark Robinson is regretting his 'Harden up Harry' headline.

j959

Quote from: ossie85 on July 10, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

Exactly Cruise - and Bucks and the clubs line of 'no comment' is exactly what any respectful organision should do.

that's what happens when you 'shoot from the hip' without knowing all the facts ...  ;)

having said that, Robbo isn't usually too bad ...

My Chumps

Quote from: j959 on July 12, 2013, 02:45:12 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 10, 2013, 09:29:03 AM

that's what happens when you 'shoot from the hip' without knowing all the facts ...  ;)

having said that, Robbo isn't usually too bad ...
Robbo just likes making big, attention grabbing statements. Normally I quite like them but you're right, he definitely jumped the gun on this one!

nrich102

PowerBug

Harry O'Brien only plays matches Collingwood will win, otherwise he will be too mentally distraught if he plays in a losing team.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126