WXV Legends

Started by ossie85, July 03, 2013, 12:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

WXV Legends

What is it?

An off-season game to play!

How does it work?

All retired AFL players (Players who no longer play, but have played a minimum 20 regular season games from 2006) will be put in a draft.

Same concept as WXV, each team selects a 15 to play!

How does scoring work?

Ok, for example, say Nathan Buckley played 26 games from 2006. He has 26 SC scores to choose from. His SC score will be randomly chosen from those 26 scores. And this is true random. If the score chosen was a 131, it doesn't mean he can't score 131 again.

When does it start?

As soon as I can work out a way to extract the data for all SC scores from 2006. This could be a while! So patience is needed. The number of players will determine the number of teams...

Other things being considered...

A random 'injury' rule

A random 'suspension' rule

Going into the future....

More drafts!

I.e. all players that retire in 2014, will go into the 2014 draft.

That and all players who have been retired for x years (I need to see how many players first) will be delisted.

Trading!

Any preliminary interest?

Coaches who are interested are able to pick there own City and Mascot (* I'll have a veto though!) from a country not already represented in the WXV comp.

Jukes

A great idea.

I probably won't have that much time for this- ending year 12, entering uni, trading in 4 xv/xviii comps, etc- but would happily assistant coach.

Purple 77

Yeah this could work! I imagine rounds would be short-lived however  :P

I would be interested in doing this  :)

Actually, how would rounds work? Do we have games a week apart?

ossie85

Yeah, I reckon a week apart...

I might update them 4 times during the weekend (giving a quarter time, half time, three quarter time, full time score). Maybe during quarter time breaks you have the choice of activating a sub...

Just thinking out loud...

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on July 03, 2013, 12:37:58 PM

Yeah, I reckon a week apart...

I might update them 4 times during the weekend (giving a quarter time, half time, three quarter time, full time score). Maybe during quarter time breaks you have the choice of activating a sub...

Just thinking out loud...

Well, I think something like that would be good to add to keep interests of coaches...

CrowsFan

Sounds interesting, but don't think I will take part sorry.

Spinking

I'm interested. Like the idea of drafting ex players. Sounds like there will be a stack of work in it for you though...

Master Q

Quote from: Spinking on July 03, 2013, 12:46:02 PM
I'm interested. Like the idea of drafting ex players. Sounds like there will be a stack of work in it for you though...

Maca24

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 03, 2013, 12:44:37 PM
Sounds interesting, but don't think I will take part sorry.
Likewise.