Main Menu

The Top 8, is it settled?

Started by PowerBug, July 02, 2013, 06:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Collingwood could lose all there games aside from GWS

PowerBug

Quote from: specky92 on July 22, 2013, 12:14:04 AM
I think there is still a battle for 8th place between Port and Carlton. Hopefully the round 23 clash is the decider
Hopefully they give that game a prime time viewing spot then, like Saturday night. Richmond vs Essendon can be the Friday night match :P

My ladder predictor just finished things off like this:

7 - Collingwood, 52, 107.4
8 - Carlton, 48, 107.8
9 - Adelaide 44, 103.8
10 - Port Adelaide 44, 101.4
11 - West Coast 40, 103.1
12 - Brisbane 40, 89
13 - Gold Coast 36, 94.5

As for the crucial games they went like this:
Adelaide beat Port
Carlton beat Port
West Coast beat Adelaide
Carlton beat Fremantle
Carlton beat Gold Coast
Port beat Brisbane
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

specky92

Is there some kind of website to gather those figures or are you a math wiz?

Master Q

Quote from: specky92 on July 22, 2013, 06:17:25 PM
Is there some kind of website to gather those figures or are you a math wiz?
Ladder predictor on AFL website

PowerBug

specky92

Cheers PB, i got a 3 game gap between 8th and 9th but Carlton have a lot of 60/40 games where i went against them and Port have some awkward games against GC, Brissy and Carlton

strikes91

I think the blues will pinch 8th

BB67th

Would love to see Brisbane get there, but that would mean beating Port at AAMI and Tigers at the 'G, so that will take some doing. Realistically I think Port will take 8th spot.

Ringo

Quote from: BB67th on July 23, 2013, 09:27:27 PM
Would love to see Brisbane get there, but that would mean beating Port at AAMI and Tigers at the 'G, so that will take some doing. Realistically I think Port will take 8th spot.
Think we can beat Port but Richmond at the G will be difficult as to will Geelong at Skilled. Would love to see us make it but feel as though we will finish 1 win short (How the Dogs loss is hurting).

roo boys!

Quote from: Ringo on July 24, 2013, 03:14:45 PM
Quote from: BB67th on July 23, 2013, 09:27:27 PM
Think we can beat Port but Richmond at the G will be difficult as to will Geelong at Skilled. Would love to see us make it but feel as though we will finish 1 win short (How the Dogs loss is hurting).
I know it's looking less and less likely by the day, but still a valid chance IMO of repercussions of the whole Essendon saga manipulating the ladder a little...still a glimmer of hope.

PowerBug

Well, Round 18 is done, and isn't this interesting now.

Richmond got beaten by a better Sydney outfit. Does this affect their finals aspirations? Probably not, however a slip up against Brisbane or GWS could be costly.

Collingwood struggled but got the 4 against the Giants. No game is a certainty for them in the run home, in danger of slipping out.

Port Adelaide many say got lucky against Brisbane, however poor kicking was a major contributor to teh game staying close. Need to improve if they are to cling onto 8th.

Carlton got the job done over the Suns. They are still hanging on the tail of the Power, a Rd 23 showdown for the final spot is looming.

Adelaide lost to Freo, but won all the KPI's. They would be hoping to finish the season 5-0, which is a major possibility, this could see them push the Power and the Blues

West Coast had a terrible loss the the Doggies, season over now if it wasn't already

North destroyed a hapless Melbourne side. They have the % on everyone, wins against Collingwood and Adelaide in teh next couple of weeks are critical.

Brisbane don't have the %, thus they desperately needed the win today to stay in touch. Would be a miracle if they make it.

Does everyone still think Port Adelaide? I don't want to believe that we can make it yet.

Rusty00

Quote from: PowerBug on July 28, 2013, 08:34:41 PM
Well, Round 18 is done, and isn't this interesting now.

Richmond got beaten by a better Sydney outfit. Does this affect their finals aspirations? Probably not, however a slip up against Brisbane or GWS could be costly.

Collingwood struggled but got the 4 against the Giants. No game is a certainty for them in the run home, in danger of slipping out.

Port Adelaide many say got lucky against Brisbane, however poor kicking was a major contributor to teh game staying close. Need to improve if they are to cling onto 8th.

Carlton got the job done over the Suns. They are still hanging on the tail of the Power, a Rd 23 showdown for the final spot is looming.

Adelaide lost to Freo, but won all the KPI's. They would be hoping to finish the season 5-0, which is a major possibility, this could see them push the Power and the Blues

West Coast had a terrible loss the the Doggies, season over now if it wasn't already

North destroyed a hapless Melbourne side. They have the % on everyone, wins against Collingwood and Adelaide in teh next couple of weeks are critical.

Brisbane don't have the %, thus they desperately needed the win today to stay in touch. Would be a miracle if they make it.

Does everyone still think Port Adelaide? I don't want to believe that we can make it yet.
I think it's a battle between Port and Carlton and I see it coming down to the final game. Both would have to faulter badly for anyone else to sneak in.

North's draw is too tough to win all 5, especially without Swallow, ditto West Coast. Crows have a good draw, but I think the forward line injuries are catching up with them. Brisbane's percentage is too low for them to have a chance (had to win yesterday).

Ringo

Agree that Position 8 will be probably decided in the Round 23 clash all things being even over the next 4 rounds. Adelaide may throw a spannedr in the works with their soft draw though.

PowerBug

Wow, massive change in the votes from last week! Was all Port Adelaide last week, now the favour is with Carlton!

Were many not expecting a win over the Suns or has Port's recent form shown that they'll drop games they need to win?

roo boys!

I'm still backing Port in, it's their spot to lose. With Carlton's run home their 4 "can wins" that you've listed will make or break em, and tbh at the moment I'd have them looking at 0-4 against Richmond, Essendon, Freo and Port.

I don't rate Carlton, I'm a pretty big fan of the way Port play I reckon it'll hold up in the bigger games.