TOP 100 TEAM

Started by kazam, March 06, 2010, 05:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kazam

Goddard, Fisher, Hodge, Carrazzo, Malceski, Hunt, Maguire (Davis + Silvagni)

Ablett (c), Mitchell, Walker, Cooney, Martin, Trengrove (Schuey + Kayler-Thomson)

Sandilands, Tippett (Warnock + Trengrove)

Riewoldt (vc), Pavlich, Brown, Waite, Dangerfield, Mayne, Franklin (Rockliff + Podsiadly)

23k in bank. will chop and change the reserves depending on who will be playing. Feel free to comment or rate.

Fenno

Its how you manage your team during the year. It helps to have agood starting team but mostly how you manage your team

kazam

yeh i know that, top 100 is ambitious, i dont expect to get that, attracts a bit of attention to ppl to look at my team however :P i know how to manage my team to win the league, won 2 of my 3 last year, one of them was a top 1000 league in the averages. maybe top 500 also.

pedro123

pretty good team, good reserves, maybe trade walker for a moles/ barlow or if you have enough cash masten from wce

8/10

hespey

backs...  ;) v good. if silvagni gets promoted, then 10/10

mids... :-* ablett captain, good premiums. i would swap trengove for barlow/banner because trengove is 70k more, so has 70k less money to make than the other two. the other two will prob score higher aswell. kt im not sold on, i would prefer barlow/banner or jetta.. 8/10

rucks :D... v good. i would steer clear of warnock, prob wont play or play well, and not worth the extra 30k. would rather skipper or roughy, or stanley if stkilda promote him (which they should!!).. 9/10

forwards >:(... average. brown is fitter, but fevola factor will impact. waite.. injury concerns, dangerfield i am undecided on, franklin i dont like, as he is a suspension risk, gets FA every game, inconsistant, backs are learning how to beat him, hodge will be playing forward, and is an injury risk.. i think you should swap for hall who has similar probs, but less competition up forward and 100k cheaper. upgrade mayne, he has had 1 good game w/o pav against crap opposition.. 5/10

overall 8/10. fix up the forward line and you will be a formidable opponent.

kazam

what do u mean about stanley being promoted? he's not on the rookie list, he was taken pick 47 in regular draft. yeh i will take ur thoughts into account, however im happy with franklin for the moment, and mayne ill watch closely, its as simply as this - i watch them for the first three rounds and then can use 2 trades for say franklin and mayne, if need be, or for waite, etc... before the prices change.

kazam

my fwd line was goodes, riewoldt, franklin, lecras, tippett, mayne, brown, but swapped a few players around in goodes and lecras for pavlich and waite to be able to get sandilands in for kreuzer, which probably works in my favour.

hespey

the way i see it is that you should pick the players who are well underpriced and low risk to start in your team, and if you see a franklin, or mayne or someone who is inconsistent or only had form in NAB, then trade for them. that way instead of loading up on players who could drop in value quickly and burn the trades and lose value quicker than you can trade them out, get the ones who will rise, and trade for the ones who get off to a shakey start slowly and carefully.

as soon as players start dropping off/getting suspended/injured, it can snowball and you lose money and trades real quick.

who knows. in a couple of months you may well come back to this blog and give me a big 'told ya so!' but again, i strongly suggest low risk to start the year, and then wait and see for the first 6-8 weeks, then start the real game.

Cool9

Everyone's in the top 100 before the season starts ... equal 1st in fact  8)

abdiabd

thatguy

Quote from: hespey on March 06, 2010, 06:13:00 AM
the way i see it is that you should pick the players who are well underpriced and low risk to start in your team, and if you see a franklin, or mayne or someone who is inconsistent or only had form in NAB, then trade for them. that way instead of loading up on players who could drop in value quickly and burn the trades and lose value quicker than you can trade them out, get the ones who will rise, and trade for the ones who get off to a shakey start slowly and carefully.

as soon as players start dropping off/getting suspended/injured, it can snowball and you lose money and trades real quick.

who knows. in a couple of months you may well come back to this blog and give me a big 'told ya so!' but again, i strongly suggest low risk to start the year, and then wait and see for the first 6-8 weeks, then start the real game.

thats a poor way of looking at it... you pick your premiums for the year, their value doesnt change anything because you dont trade them anyway,. buddy is way undervalue and if you get him from round one, you are locking him in, not trading him out mid season

kazam

wats wrong with carrazzo? who would be a better option there for that price or lower? scott d thompson? joel macdonald?

ossie85

Joel Macdonald has an upside and will definitely play. Still not convinced Carrazo is in Carlton's best 22 under Ratten