Main Menu

Worst free kick ever?

Started by Blues Blues Blues, June 28, 2013, 10:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

As a Carlton supporter, even I booed the umpire when he penalised Malceski for deliberate rushing a behind. That was ridiculous.

Vinny

Yeah Blues supporter here too. Very pathetic call ! Going to have to go umpire his local Auskick game  ::)

Slightly01

In reality, its a pointless rule. If you are allowed to rush it if you are "under pressure" the free kick can never, ever be possibly paid.......

If you aren't under pressure, you wouldn't rush it - you'd just stand on the goal line.

If someone comes at you, you are "under pressure" and can rush it.

Ridiculous!

Mat0369

Make that 3 for 3 from the Carlton supporters. Stupid call

Jimmykidd

Yep another Blues supporter here. I was in disbelief haha. I think he was just feeling sorry for us and wanted to give us a goal. Bizarre! Won't be getting a game next week that bloke!

Big Mac

Not sure but there might be something saying that even if you are under pressure, if you have an opportunity to dispose of the ball but instead you rush it over the line, you can be penalised? Just trying to find a way to justify his decision :o

poolboybob

I thought this was going to be about that Carlton player that had a kick from outside the boundary and still kicked OOTF, haha.

Mat0369

Quote from: poolboybob on June 28, 2013, 11:16:31 PM
I thought this was going to be about that Carlton player that had a kick from outside the boundary and still kicked OOTF, haha.

Don't start me on Kane Lucas. Lucky for him the ball never traveled back into the field of play so it was only a throw in

sammy123

MalteserMan

Quote from: Slightly01 on June 28, 2013, 10:46:21 PM
In reality, its a pointless rule. If you are allowed to rush it if you are "under pressure" the free kick can never, ever be possibly paid.......

If you aren't under pressure, you wouldn't rush it - you'd just stand on the goal line.

Ridiculous!

The rule isn't there to stop rushed behinds, its there to stop tactics like Hawthorn in the 08 grand final where if they couldn't find a good option from a kick in they walked it back over the line taking more time off the clock.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: MalteserMan on June 29, 2013, 10:13:06 AM
Quote from: Slightly01 on June 28, 2013, 10:46:21 PM

Ridiculous!

The rule isn't there to stop rushed behinds, its there to stop tactics like Hawthorn in the 08 grand final where if they couldn't find a good option from a kick in they walked it back over the line taking more time off the clock.

Correct.

The ump still made a shocking call though

roo boys!

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 28, 2013, 11:38:46 PM
Quote from: poolboybob on June 28, 2013, 11:16:31 PM

Don't start me on Kane Lucas. Lucky for him the ball never traveled back into the field of play so it was only a throw in
Started the year with Kano, seemed to be one of those typical DT higher than SC players, similar to Brock McLean too.

Surely if he's going to play that role as an outside mid Lucas needs to improve his disposal efficiency and fast?

tbagrocks

Just a heads up, these topics should be in the Match day boards not players & trades ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: roo boys! on June 29, 2013, 10:19:15 AM
Started the year with Kano, seemed to be one of those typical DT higher than SC players, similar to Brock McLean too.

Surely if he's going to play that role as an outside mid Lucas needs to improve his disposal efficiency and fast?

Brock at least wins the contested ball and tackles, Lucas just sits outsides the packs like a seagull and turns the ball over time and time again.  He should have been sent back to the VFL a long time ago.

roo boys!

Yeah that's the point I was trying to make, McLean has an excuse. A bit like JPK's lower efficiency last few weeks, when just about every single possession he wins is contested it makes it tough.

Just noted that McLean very rarely goes big in SC but tons up often in DT as I have him in WXV.