Team planning and advice on improvements

Started by antonc, June 24, 2013, 01:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonc

Have come away from the byes with a ranking around the 10K and 1,000,000 in the bank
After my planned trades in the next couple of weeks  this is how my team will look.

TEAM NAME: Rooboys
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, D. Heppell, G.Ibbotson, M. Hibberd (B.Staker, J. Thurlow)
MID: G.Ablett , D.Swan, S. Pendlebury, A. Swallow, P. Dangerfield, B.Deledio, S.Mitchell, R.Griffen (T.Mitchell, B.Kennedy )
RUC: T. Goldstein, D.Cox (T.Nicholls ,S. Rowe)
FWD: N.Riewoldt, D. Martin, J. Kennedy, S. Johnson, M.Stokes, J. Bartel
(J.Daniher, B. Franklin)

Was wondering what you guys think (score out of 10) and were I should improve.
Was thinking the midfield still needs a bit of work? (danger lids Smitchel good enough?) + Hartlett in Def
Won't have a lot of cash left after the upgrades (between 50 and 100k depending on price in/decreases of players)

Wil have a fair bit of cash on the bench as security for resting/injuries. Is this too much or not enough?
Are there any more downgrades coming up in the next month or so?

Will cheer for Advice

rider

Wow, carrying $1M cash is way to much, though i think I almost had that at one point. It takes a long time to spend it, and it means you don't have all your money working for you on the park. I still have over a $100k after these upgrades:
ROUND 14
OUT   Goodes ($338,600)    IN   Gibbs ($449,800)
ROUND 13
OUT   Evans ($283,900)    IN   Griffen ($509,200)
OUT   Macaffer ($369,300)    IN   Mitchell ($108,500)
ROUND 12
OUT   O'Meara ($403,300)    IN   Boyd ($481,100)
OUT   Lonergan ($189,500)    IN   Barlow ($535,300)

Your team looks good though, what round is your team expected in... (how many trades have you factored into this).

I am ok with Hartlet (I have him too... picked him up when he bottomed out). The only peeps you'd maybe want over him longer term are: Ellis (wascrap on the weekend), Houli (?), Eski (?) and latter still  Hanley/Birch (If either lift) Otherwise he is fine. I plan to have Hanley on the bench in case he returns to form.

Your Mids are a little weak in my opinion. I would rather have any of  Stanton/Boyd/Jack/Montagna over Swallow/Danger/Lids/Mitchel. Also consider Watson I will be surprised if he isn't a top 10 Mid. That said out ofall of those the priority for me would be Mitchel>Boyd/Jack

Rating: 7.5/10 you need to lift your mids a bit to score higher from me.

antonc

Thanks rider
Got all that cash thanks to downgrades just before and during the byes (Tmitch, Nicholls, BKennedy etc)
Team will look like that rnd 15

Was considering after rnd 16/17 Tmitch out. Hartlett to mid bench (dpp link) and highest scoring def (last 5 games) in.
Nicholls out 90 K rook in (lowest price on) Buddy out Roughy on the for bench

Like the idea of Tags and Boyd in and maybe Jack. Will go lowest av player for highest over last 3 - 5 games + will look at which teams they play. Mitchell the first on the chopping block if he doesn't improve over the next 2 games

Cheers mate

disco1992

I'm liking Clisby as a downgrade for next week if he gets a second decent score!
other than him and hunter I cant really see many others.
also as rider said it's those luxury mid trades upgrading premos to super premos

antonc

Had a look at hunter.
Didn't think about Clisby
Tnx