The Whip - The next step!

Started by Vicious Sandwhich Attack, June 23, 2013, 10:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Just looking for thoughts and ideas. I am calling my team 'complete' but understand everyones views will differ on what is complete.

Really looking for what everyone thinks my strategy should be from here.

Goal: Is simple - Finish with as high a rank as possible.

Current Team:

Def: Goddard, Hanley, Hartlett, Birchall, Gibbs, Waters (Goodes, Thurlow)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, Dangerfield, JPK, Jelwood, Griffen, Cotchin (Mitchell, Martin)
Rucks: Maric, Nicholls (Gawn, McBean)
Fwds: Cox, Martin, Franklin, Rockliff, Johnson, Naitanui (Macaffer, Staker)

6 Trades left and $77,200 in the bank.

Ringo

Sound Team there

Rucks is the only area that concerns me with the team as it stands but obviously if you still have trades going into finals upgrade will be first priority

Well done

Jackross10

That's actually one of the best teams I have seen mate ! Rucks are the weaknesses obviously but very nice ! What's your rank?

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Cheers guys,

Ranked about 2500 at the moment but have had 3 amazing bye rounds. Went into the byes 10,100 and improved my ranking each of the three weeks.

Options I have on the table at the moment...

I am fairly certain I will trade Maccafer to Daniher this week, just to give me a $270,000 war chest to see me through.

After that....

- Nichols to Minson/Goldstein/McEvoy in about 4 weeks or so when Nichols is starting to peak.
- Hold trades and wait for injuries then trade accordingly.
- a double trade this week.... Goodes to Daniher via Staker, swing Cox into the ruck, then Macaffer to A Walker.

I really like option 3, but just feels a bit early to be down to 4 trades and no cash. Plus it would probably mean I will NEVER be able to take advantage of the cash generated by Nichols.

Any thoughts on these three options?

Sabretooth Tigers

;)
reckon option 3 is fantastic, wish I could do the same. I would do it without any hesitation whatsoever, but don't want to jinx you.  :)

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on June 24, 2013, 01:55:29 PM
;)
reckon option 3 is fantastic, wish I could do the same. I would do it without any hesitation whatsoever, but don't want to jinx you.  :)

Now that Stevie J looks gone its going to take all my willpower not to hit those buttons ;)

Although thinking Roughead now so I can swing him into the Ruck when his SJ backup duties are done.

tor01doc

Could you somehow get Walker as a forward this week and then once Nicholls has peaked, swing a big Eagle to R1?

I think Walker will score more than Roughead who occasionally has a quiet one.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

So, I wen with Walker and banked his 75 this week  ::)

Anyway... Onto this week, and my new train of thought.

Yarran and Watts are both getting very tempting. With Watts playing where he should, and playing like he should his price is very attractive. What I am now thinking is with my remaining 4 trades and $188,000 in the bank I could to to straight swaps in defence over the next two weeks.

Current defence being:

Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Hanley, Waters, Birchall, Staker, Thurlow.

This week I could turn Thurlow into Watts as he is about to start rising in price.
Next week, assuming Yarran doesn't hit his 130 something break even, and Staker hits his 20 something break even, I should e able to do a straight swap leaving my team as...

Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Hanley, Waters, Birchall, (Watts, Yarran)
GAJ, Pendles, Swan, JPK, Danger, Jelwood, Cotchin, Griffen (Mitchell T, Martin K)
Maric, Cox (Nichols, Gawn)
Franklin, Martin D, Rockliff, Walker, Nic Nat, Stevie J ( McBean, Oxley)

It leaves me with plenty of DPP cover in that I can swing players between DEF, FWD, and Ruck, leaving me two trades which most likely would be a downgrade upgrade in Mid to get Watson late in the piece. Hopefully without loosing Mitchell who I would like to finish at M10.

Any thoughts on the positives/negatives?

Carn

Nice team. mids are killer. Fwd bench is a bit of a worry. With stevie j out who will you play?
Also watts is a risk, could change positions from week to week. With birch out too it will stretch you thin. With only 2 trades left all it takes is for 3 LTI and you season is over as its one short every week.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Quote from: Carn on July 03, 2013, 07:32:10 AM
Nice team. mids are killer. Fwd bench is a bit of a worry. With stevie j out who will you play?
Also watts is a risk, could change positions from week to week. With birch out too it will stretch you thin. With only 2 trades left all it takes is for 3 LTI and you season is over as its one short every week.

Cheers Carn,

This week I will have to run Nichols/Gawn again and send Cox down forward to cover for Stevie J.

As the week goes on I'm getting more inclined to hold on trading.