Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Celtics without RR9 go down to Toronto (full strength) 97-89. Many positives tho with Wallace scoring 16 and Sully getting 14. Olynyk had a nice game dishing out 5 dimes. Sully pulled down 6rebs and was probably our best player, great considering he isnt exactly in tip top shape yet. AB was his usual self, with 3 steals :

Coach Brad tried many combonations and rightfully so. Shoulda gave Pressey minutes tho...

kingkingston

Quote from: Windigo on October 08, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
Evan Turner with 25 points....Maybe he can be something this year...
the ball will always be in his hands this season

Windigo

Quote from: kingkingston on October 09, 2013, 02:09:11 AM
Quote from: Windigo on October 08, 2013, 09:47:40 AM
Evan Turner with 25 points....Maybe he can be something this year...
the ball will always be in his hands this season

True, they have no one...

Cicjose

Well since the WNBA season just finished today 3 weeks from the start of the regular season of the NBA
lets celebrate the WNBA champions

http://www.startribune.com/sports/lynx/227326641.html

Congratulations to the Australian Rachel Jarry from the Minnesota Lynx in her achievement of being part of the Championship
winning side in her rookie season at 21 years of age :)

unfortunately didn't play big minutes for a team that has now gone back to back but ironically Rachel was drafted back in 2009 by Atlanta who they beat for the title today in a sweep of the series

Jay

Bit late, but Celtics came back from 23 down in the 4th to only lose to NYK by 1.

My boy, Phil Pressey impressed coming off the bench! Could start opening night :o

Jay

Celtics 0-3 ::) not quite sure how we lost to Philly, that's embarrassing! Hopefully we can snag a win today against the Knicks.

So far in pre-season, there have been 3 guys that have impressed me!
Wallace- 12ppg 3apg 3rpg on 44% shooting with 33% from deep.
Sullinger- 13ppg 7rpg
Pressey- 10ppg 6apg 4rpg shooting 71%

Jeff Green and Courtney Lee need to lift. Both are shower atm.

Jay

D-Rose is out for the Bulls next game with "knee soreness"... In before he misses the whole season with it :P ;D

kingkingston

Quote from: Jayman on October 13, 2013, 08:17:09 AM
Celtics 0-3 ::) not quite sure how we lost to Philly, that's embarrassing! Hopefully we can snag a win today against the Knicks.

So far in pre-season, there have been 3 guys that have impressed me!
Wallace- 12ppg 3apg 3rpg on 44% shooting with 33% from deep.
Sullinger- 13ppg 7rpg
Pressey- 10ppg 6apg 4rpg shooting 71%

Jeff Green and Courtney Lee need to lift. Both are shower atm.
pounded the Knicks today

Jay

Solid 31 point win for Boston. Good to finally get a win but not going over the top. Knicks had no Melo, Stoudemire, Chander, MWP etc. though

So stoked that Kelly O showed something today. Scored 15 off the bench :)

Jeff Green continues to struggle... Not over-reacting though, its still pre-season. He needs to realise that he's an elite talent when he's driving to the rim and getting to the FT line though, NOT having jumpshots as his no.1 priority. His inside game will open up his outside game, he's got it the wrong way round atm. He needs to watch how Lebron scores.

Windigo

Everybody watch out, Greg Oden blocked a shot from Lebron today.  :P

Cicjose

i've said it before about Oden the Heat dont need him to do anything just a bigger body against Indiana, NY and Chicago

Jay

Celtics lose to Brooklyn by 2. A good effort!

Paul Pierce says it looked weird to look over and see green and not be a part of it. He will always be a Celtic.

Jay

"The Washington Wizards, trying to strengthen their hand for a playoff push in the Eastern Conference, have acquired center Marcin Gortat from the Phoenix Suns, sources close to the talks told ESPN.

Sources said the deal sends Gortat and guards Shannon Brown, Malcolm Lee and Kendall Marshall to the Wizards for the expiring contract of veteran big man Emeka Okafor and a protected 2014 first-round pick (to No. 12)."

Wizards are expected to waive Brown, Lee and Marshall to cut their roster size down to 15. I like this move from my number 2 team :D

My Chumps

The Suns looking to give the 76ers some competition for Wiggins.

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on October 26, 2013, 03:52:05 PM
The Suns looking to give the 76ers some competition for Wiggins.
Suns are awful. All they have thats decent is Bledsoe haha. Dragic is expected to be dealt too, I hear. But Philly will be crappy too, especially with Nerlens Noel sitting out the whole year.

Wall, Beal, Ariza, Nene, Gortat. That's looking like a 6 or 7 seed :)