Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

I'm still optimistic on his chances of making a positive impact in his career.

Cicjose

Quote from: Jayman on September 12, 2013, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: Windigo on September 12, 2013, 07:16:46 PM
Beasley signed to Miami.....
I'm hearing everyone rage about how Miami are signing all these gun free agents. But remember, just cause Beasley was a no.2 pick, he hasn't been good since Kansas days! Sure, he had one of the greatest college seasons ever, scoring wise! But he really isn't that good... He is close to the worst defender in the league out of guys that get consistent minutes, he isn't a good shooter but still thinks he is leading to horrible shot selection. Is a terrible decision maker and makes his team-mates worse.

I'm happy Miami forked out the money for this guy, he isn't worth a packet of chips.

That is a great move.. showed promise at Miami i'm a big fan of his.... head hasnt been screwed on since he left Miami and now they have good depth at every position

Holz

Quote from: Cicjose on September 13, 2013, 12:59:00 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 12, 2013, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: Windigo on September 12, 2013, 07:16:46 PM
Beasley signed to Miami.....
I'm hearing everyone rage about how Miami are signing all these gun free agents. But remember, just cause Beasley was a no.2 pick, he hasn't been good since Kansas days! Sure, he had one of the greatest college seasons ever, scoring wise! But he really isn't that good... He is close to the worst defender in the league out of guys that get consistent minutes, he isn't a good shooter but still thinks he is leading to horrible shot selection. Is a terrible decision maker and makes his team-mates worse.

I'm happy Miami forked out the money for this guy, he isn't worth a packet of chips.

That is a great move.. showed promise at Miami i'm a big fan of his.... head hasnt been screwed on since he left Miami and now they have good depth at every position

plus it didnt cost them any players, im sure they are raking in the money with all the buzz about them. Coudl be that guy who adds that 1% to get us over the line.

Cicjose

and is still young enough to make a real impact in the NBA

and still dumb enough to flower it up

Windigo

Precisely.

Kinda dissapointed that he didn't join LA.  :P

This only helps Miami IMO... >:(

Jay

Laughing at the people who think Beasley could be something. He hasn't been good since college days. The guy has no brains and simply isn't a good player.

Cicjose

Actually just like you and your insistence that Jeff Green will be top 10 in the league for scoring?

despite a report card suggesting Boston will go backwards if Rondo is injured?

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/offseason/2013/celtics?cid=nba_12

Still, they're probably not going to be very good on either end of the floor, having lost their anchors on each.
This was a bad offensive team even before Rondo got hurt last season.

I don't believe Boston are going to be terrible but not many are thinking Boston going to put up anything to mention

As i said before this is a calculated risk which Miami can afford to take having won 2 championships in a row

They dont need Beasley and Oden to do squat at this point... but if both players can get through the season without the off court stuff then its a success IMO

14 ppg and 6 rpg in 30 mins per game isn't bad when you consider that Miami at the time were a dreadful team trying to get back to the playoffs... Yeah his college stats were amazing but if someone can straighten this loose cannon its Pat Riley

Jay

Unlike Beasley, Jeff Green actually showed something last season! While Beasley was riding the bench in PHOENIX, shooting at 40% from the field, playing no defense... Jeff Green averaged 20ppg in the playoffs and had a 43 point game vs Miami while also playing some really solid defense. In March and April, he scored 10-plus in 21 of 24 games, topping 20 eight times. Mind you, this is also with Avery Bradley as his main point guard... He also hit 2 game-winning layups. Dont even try and compare Jeff Green to Beasley please!

Boston will have our worst season since the season before we got KG and Ray, I am not expecting big things from the team. But there are some players that will serve as really bright spots for the team. Jeff Green is one of them.

All Beasley will give Miami, is a bad attitude, no defense, awful shooting and poor decidion making. Good luck!

Cicjose

i never compared Beasley to Green..... i just pointed out your expectations compared to everyone else are miles away

Jay

Quote from: Cicjose on September 13, 2013, 06:22:58 PM
i never compared Beasley to Green..... i just pointed out your expectations compared to everyone else are miles away
Well I have stats to show that Green could be a top 10 scorer this season. Anyone that thinks Beasley is good or will provide anything positive to Miami is just kidding themselves.

Phoenix volunteered to pick up a $9 million tab just to cast him aside two weeks ago. That, in itself, is a testament to the shower state of his career. Beasley certainly has a degree of talent, but it is not that which we hold it to be. The rebounding numbers dwindle further year on year, and the defense and playmaking for others were never there. He is a mediocre shot maker from all ranges outside of 10 feet but he consistently refuses to acknowledge this. Have I mentioned that he is like THE WORST defender going around?

Cicjose

Andy3737

Green has nver shown consistent scoring ever. So id love to see these so called stats.

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on September 13, 2013, 08:10:29 PM
Green has nver shown consistent scoring ever. So id love to see these so called stats.
On my phone so cant check but pretty sure he averaged >20ppg in March & April. 21ppg in the playoffs too. Don't underrate his defense either, is much improved!

Just sayin' he could explode this year. The sky's the limit but would just love to see him getting to the FT line more. Kinda like James Harden, is effective as an outside shooter but at his best is driving to the rim and creating contact.

Andy3737

2 months fom 5 seasons. Just dont see it. He could, but i doubt it. No tomention he is a tweener, which never really work out

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on September 13, 2013, 08:27:31 PM
2 months fom 5 seasons. Just dont see it. He could, but i doubt it. No tomention he is a tweener, which never really work out
Well no one else in Boston will be scoring more than him, thats for sure! He is a natural small forward, lock him in there!

PG: Rondo
SG: Bradley
SF: Green
PF: Sullinger
C: Olynyk.

That should be our lineup. Olynyk for ROY and Sully for double double average :)