Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy3737

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2013&p2=paulch01&y2=2013

Cp3 vs rw0

Cp3 is the best defensive pg i in the game and he isnt that far behind. Look at dws, drb, steal%

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 06:58:42 PM
And on what basis are you forming that from?
How about Kobe going 30 6 and 6 in the Lakers last couple of months doing all he can to push them in the playoffs?

Harden has passed Wade. I'd take Marc Gasol over Lopez. Parker is a better pg than Paul. Griffin should not be anywhere near these top lists!

Windigo

You lost me when you had Lopez over Duncan....

Wade over Kobe, is purely because you don't like him.

Andy3737

Kobe 30/6/6 means nothing when he is aids for his team. He makes everyone worse. He takes low % shots way to often.

As for cp3 vs parker

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=parketo01&y1=2013&p2=paulch01&y2=2013

It really isnt close that cp3 better than parker

Marc gasol vs lopez

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=gasolma01&y1=2013&p2=lopezbr01&y2=2013

Its not even close again

Griffin is on of those players that makes things happen. He is an xfactor player that has some wim

He is debatable obv. Which is i have 4 names at the end.

Wade vs kobe

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=wadedw01&y1=2013&p2=bryanko01&y2=2013

Lopez vs duncan

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lopezbr01&y1=2013&p2=duncati01&y2=2013

Its close... Like i said before.

You guys need to pay attention to more things than ppg, apg and rpg...

My Chumps

You lost me when you had Lopez up there and considered Griffin equal to Parker.

Andy3737

Look at the stats. 24.7 PER, 10.8 ORB,  28.6% USG with a low 9.4% TOV%. He had a fantastic year......

Jay

Parker was on track for MVP before he got injured...

I say it again, Duncan was all-nba first team for a reason. To say a kid with poor defense is better. BLASPHEMY.

Saying Griff = Kobe? BLASPHEMY

Andy3737

No one else is winning the mvp while lebron james is healthy. So lol @ thinking parker was even in contention.

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 08:32:48 PM
No one else is winning the mvp while lebron james is healthy. So lol @ thinking parker was even in contention.
He was my pick for MVP until he got injured and Charles Barkley agreed.

MVP traditionally goes to the best player on the best team? Parker was the best player and Spurs has the best record until injuries.

So yes he was in contention. Lebron wont win it this year.

Andy3737

Lol. Having an opinion the same as chucks on tnt isnt exactly something to write home about.

Lebron will win it every year for 4/5 years if he plays 75+ games.

But its quite funny how you measure nba all first team as proof of how good a player is, yet cp3 got the pg spot in it over parker?

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 08:40:28 PM
Lol. Having an opinion the same as chucks on tnt isnt exactly something to write home about.

Lebron will win it every year for 4/5 years if he plays 75+ games.

But its quite funny how you measure nba all first team as proof of how good a player is, yet cp3 got the pg spot in it over parker?
Lol so you think Lebron will be pushing double digit MVP wins? Hahahahahah

Parker was injured for a chunk of time...

Andy3737

Lebron will win the most mvps ever. He doesnt have legendary compeition like jordan did. He has it easier. All he has is durant and cp3. Cp3 style doesnt win mvps in this era and Durant could take one off him if he has an elite of elite years.

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 08:47:46 PM
Lebron will win the most mvps ever. He doesnt have legendary compeition like jordan did. He has it easier. All he has is durant and cp3. Cp3 style doesnt win mvps in this era and Durant could take one off him if he has an elite of elite years.
Agreed. Main reason why MJ > Lebron.

Durant will be the best player in the league from probably this season on, the guy is crazy. Don't think there are any other challenges for MVP? Wont surprise if Irving, Curry, George, Harden get close to one!

Andy3737

Durant and harden are the only ones for next season. But james still odds on fav.

James vs Jordan is obv still in Jordans favour, but i think James will overtake him if he stays healthy for his career.

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 09:00:23 PM
Durant and harden are the only ones for next season. But james still odds on fav.

James vs Jordan is obv still in Jordans favour, but i think James will overtake him if he stays healthy for his career.
Dwight could ruin Harden, we'll see. Think PG24 will be a star though and contend for MVP - showed he could match it with Lebron.

No way will Lebron be the best player to play. NO WAY.