Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

I also think its a good deal.  If Bynum can get fit then the Cavs will be justly rewarded.  If Bynum cant get fit then they have only gambled $6M and obviously wont pickup the 2nd year team option.

From what I have read the Mavs were the other team in the race and they wouldnt match that offer.

Holz

Quote from: valkorum on July 11, 2013, 10:44:55 AM
I also think its a good deal.  If Bynum can get fit then the Cavs will be justly rewarded.  If Bynum cant get fit then they have only gambled $6M and obviously wont pickup the 2nd year team option.

From what I have read the Mavs were the other team in the race and they wouldnt match that offer.

yeah thats it, they still have the cap space to lure Lebron or other free agents in 2014 and If Bynum does fire they actually are title contenders with Lebron.

If bynum fires could be abit of a danger team in the playoffs. Might make it to the second round. Wont get further than that though.

j959

Quote from: Windigo on July 11, 2013, 09:37:30 AM
These are the OFFICIAL Happenings Thus Far:

Paul Millsap signed with Atlanta for $19 million
-Pablo Prigioni re-signed with the New York Knicks
-Mike Dunleavey signed with the Chicago Bulls for $6 million
-Josh Smith signs with Detroit for $56 million
-Al Jefferson signs with Charlotte for $41 million
-Eric Maynor signs with Washington (around $1 million)
-Robert Sacre re-signs with the LA Lakers (around $1 million)
-Darren Collison signs with the Clippers for $3.8 million
-David West re-signs with the Pacers for $36 million
-Tyrus Thomas has been waived by the Charlotte Bobcats.
Far out! Jazz just got a 'punch in the guts' ... metaphorically speaking ...

they might be worse than the Suns now!  ;)

I still don't quite get Josh Smith to Detroit??!  :o
It's like they want to repeat the Ben Gordon & Charlie Villanueva signing mistakes again imo ...  ;)

My Chumps

Jazz didn't need Millsap and Jefferson though; Favors and Kanter will get the job done!

How did they end up with those four quality big men in the first place though?  ???

Jay

Well well well... Bynum! Congrats to Cavs for becoming my 3rd favourite team :D big boy Andrew Bynum has found the perfect place in Cleveland! He and Irving will be awesome together! #BynumForAllNBAFirstTeam

I think they can get to the conference semis with this line-up! And then if they get Lebron while keeping Irving and Bynum... Lol that's a threepeat right there :o

Aaaaand the Celtics doing absolutely nothing. Well done Ainge ::)

I hear Detroit want Rondo... Ainge should tell them to package Knight with Drummond/Monroe + a 1st rounder or get flowered.

Jay

Sources say that Dwight asked LA to amnesty Kobe so they can sign CP3.

Is this guy serious? He wants a team to amnesty a guy that brought them 5 CHAMPIONSHIPS. While he sits there crying like a baby.

Who does he think he is ::)

valkorum

If thats true - OMFG!!

What a douchebag.  I am the first to admit I cant stand Kobe but that man bleeds yellow and purple.  The only way he leaves LA is when HE decides he has had enough.

Windigo

No way Detroit would trade Monroe. He is integral to everything at the Pistons. Even with Smith there.

Next year things are gunna be interesting with Bryant's contract...

Kobe has stated he WON'T take a pay cut next year...

j959

Quote from: valkorum on July 11, 2013, 04:45:06 PM
If thats true - OMFG!!

What a douchebag.  I am the first to admit I cant stand Kobe but that man bleeds yellow and purple.  The only way he leaves LA is when HE decides he has had enough.
no way in h*ll would the Lakers amnesty Kobe - that's just D12 hate-train furphy ...

i'm no big Howard fan and he was a whiny little biatch all season but i don't think that rumour is true at all ...  ;)

j959

Quote from: My Chumps on July 11, 2013, 01:34:31 PM
Jazz didn't need Millsap and Jefferson though; Favors and Kanter will get the job done!

How did they end up with those four quality big men in the first place though?  ???
ah yeah, me forgot about them!  ;)
youth policy in full swing in Utah ...

Windigo

Pretty sure Kobe has a non-amnesty clause in his contract??

Or something about him having major say in what goes down.

Jay

Well if Detroit want Rondo then they're gonna have to give up Monroe imo

Quote from: Windigo on July 11, 2013, 05:53:08 PM
Pretty sure Kobe has a non-amnesty clause in his contract??

Or something about him having major say in what goes down.
He has a no-trade clause ;)

My Chumps

Alright, I swear this is the last one :P

RiOtChEsS

kingkingston

Kelly Olynyk has been great in the Summer League