Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy3737

He isnt though. He is like almost 6"10 and pob aoumd 240. Yet he isnt athletic. He is also too small for the pf and not stong enough. He wont be able to guard sfs because he is too slow and cant guard pfs because he is too small. H needs a prfect match up....

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on September 13, 2013, 08:38:01 PM
He isnt though. He is like almost 6"10 and pob aoumd 240. Yet he isnt athletic. He is also too small for the pf and not stong enough. He wont be able to guard sfs because he is too slow and cant guard pfs because he is too small. H needs a prfect match up....
WHAT THE FLOWER? Jeff Green is super athletic, have you ever watched him? He can definitely guard SFs, where do you get the facts that he is slow from? Cant believe you describe Green as 'not athletic' and 'slow'. Thats bullshower.

Celtics may extend Avery Bradley soon. Question is, should we?

Mat0369

Quote from: Andy3737 on September 13, 2013, 08:27:31 PM
2 months fom 5 seasons. Just dont see it. He could, but i doubt it. No tomention he is a tweener, which never really work out

It is tough to judge Green because he missed a season with the heart condition. He had always shown flashes playing at the Thunder so to get to a 20 ppg average it wouldn't surprise me. Scoring was never the issue, it was his defense. That is why the Thunder wanted to ship him off so they could get the defensive presence of Iblocka onto the court.

Andy3737

Lol...... Show me where he can buard sfs.. He ges destroyed when the match up isnt right. He isnt super athleic for a natural sf. His dws is terrible, his drtg is awful.

Jay

After shaking off the rust of missing an entire season due to heart surgery, Green averaged 16.6 points (60.0 TS%), 4.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.4 blocks in 32.7 minutes a night over February and March.. In that stretch, he's plus-23 in 33 clutch minutes, including game-winners against the Pacers and Cavaliers. In nine starts for either Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett, including his 43-point effort against the Heat, he's produced 22.7 points on 13.4 shots per game. In the playoffs vs Knicks he averaged 20 points a night.

His 99.6 defensive rating this season sandwiches him between LeBron James and Kevin Durant. And his 0.79 points allowed per possession this year ranks higher than any forward not named Garnett to make neither of last season's NBA All-Defensive teams.

In three meetings, the Celtics are 14.7 points per 48 minutes better against the Heat with Green opposite LeBron.

Sick of people critizing Jeff Green. He is an all-star calibre player.

Andy3737

For some reason, you always seem to grab stats in a time frame where it suits you. Have you ever heard of sample size?

I could name so many spuds  who have played out of their minds for 2-3 months of a season.

If X player plays between 5 and 10 minutes, in the last quarter, when his team is up by 15 points or more and if Y player isnt on the court, he averages 60%TS.

Jay

Don't really have a reply for that. You wanted stats, I gave them to you, now you refuse to accept them.

The fact is he will be starting this season with no Pierce/KG to help him. He averaged 23ppg starting when 1 of those 2 weren't playing last season.  Thats good enough for me. Prediction of 22ppg stands!

0.79 points allowed per possesion isn't bad for an "awful" defender either ::) defensive rating between LBJ and KD isn't too bad either ::) not to mention Boston playing heaps better with Green on Lebron.

Andy3737

Again, you re using stats that have, what, 25 game sample size? Congratz.

RiOtChEsS

Beasley needs to lay the flower off drugs, then and only then may we see what he could be, sick of these young athletes in all U.S. sports that piss, drug, gang bang their opportunities away, take some flowerin pride in urself and the opportunity given, forge ur career and then spend ur money how u want, stop the mindset of once im drafted and paid i can do what i want, gives me the showers when these cows think their 15minute highlight reel makes them a great, have some respect for the sport that is paying u, be the best u can be in the time ur body allows without bringing ur sport into disrepute... Unplanned Rant Over :-X

My Chumps

Riot rant is a good change of pace from hearing Jay and Andy argue! :P

Good stuff Marcs  8)

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on September 15, 2013, 07:22:30 PM

Good stuff Marcs  8)
Whether its with Holz or Andy, I'm always arguing :P

My Chumps

Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2013, 07:35:38 PM

Good stuff Marcs  8)
Life of the thread though ;)

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on September 15, 2013, 07:39:57 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2013, 07:35:38 PM

Good stuff Marcs  8)
Life of the thread though ;)
It wouldn't be the same without it ;D

Jay

Good to see Donte Green cut by Boston. We are officially under the luxury tax 8)

kingkingston

can't wait until the weekend for the pre season games to start