Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 23, 2013, 01:39:10 PM
Just pulled this off insider

"The Houston Rockets are thought to be the front runners for Dwight Howard should he leave the Los Angeles Lakers via free agency due to their talented young core and no state taxes. One of the core, Chandler Parsons, is actively recruiting Howard."

Definitely, i think it could work well on paper, just depends what DH12 shows up as to how good they would be...
Yeah, apparently Parsons has been texting Dwight like every day about coming to Houston. If he's over his shoulder injury this could put them in title contention with the further development of Harden, Parsons, Asik and maybe even Lin.

Master Q

What happened to only a few teams having more than one star  :P

Windigo

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Windigo on June 24, 2013, 09:10:47 AM
Doc Rivers is the new clippers coach allegedly.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/22508640/report-celtics-and-clippers-reach-agreement-for-doc-rivers

Wow this story has more twists than a soap opera... fair to say some reporters have been winging it with their "facts"

RiOtChEsS

gossiboy

Quote from: Jayman on June 22, 2013, 07:28:25 PM
If Doc aint coaching Boston he wont be coaching anywhere.

You were saying Jay?

Jay

Reason it took me this long to post about this is, I needed time to think it over. If there was ever a good time to lose Doc, its now - Celtics are officially rebuilding and a breath of fresh air may do us good. I am hoping Brian Shaw gets the HC job with Scott Skiles as his assistant. Shaw is a young up and coming coach that deserves a shot and who better to coach Rondo than the record holder for assists in a game, Skiles?

Happy that Danny Ainge went for the 2015 pick. We all know Clipps will be a force over the next couple of seasons but by 2015, who knows, CP3 may be gone and their role players may have retired. Could be a top 10 pick maybe?

Sad to lose a part of the family, I still maintain that he was the reason Boston won '08 but if he doesnt want to be here, good riddance and we'll take the first rounder 8)

Just hope Pierce + KG stay too now. Would love for their to be some loyalty for future HOFers.

Quote from: gossiboy on June 24, 2013, 01:00:22 PM
Quote from: Jayman on June 22, 2013, 07:28:25 PM
If Doc aint coaching Boston he wont be coaching anywhere.

You were saying Jay?
Well it appears the highly regarded reprorters that write articles were wrong. Like 2 days ago it was either Celtics or broadcasting ???

Jay

Tbh I think there is no way Pierce pulls on a C's jersey next season. With Rivers gone, I can't see them bringing 15million dollar Paul, back to Boston.

But where does he go? Cavs? Clipps? :o

I still have no idea where KG ends up, I think maybe he'll stay at Boston but won't be happy about it. NBA said they'll block any trade involving KG --> Clippers now too as they think it will be a side deal of the Doc Rivers move which is not allowed. ESPN Marc Stein reports that a 3+ team trade may be used for Celtics to get some pieces back for Kevin Garnett and go full rebuild.

My Chumps

I'm not really fussed if you guys trade KG but for gods sake, let Pierce finish a one club player. Please!

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on June 24, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
I'm not really fussed if you guys trade KG but for gods sake, let Pierce finish a one club player. Please!
We need KG more than we need Pierce right now. KG would be very handy to help out Fab Melo and maybe even Jared Sullinger. Saving 10 million dollars by buying out Pierce is going to happen and it is a smart move from a business perspective as we can pretty much do all our rebuilding over 1 off-season if we play our cards right.

Pierce has served us well but his time is up in Boston :'(

KG might retire if C's and Clipps cant work out a way to get him with Doc imo.

Master Q

I feel like this situation is being handled so poorly  ::)

RiOtChEsS

Rumor is they will pick up PP's option so they can move him on in a trade eventually, if he walks could just sign with the Clips

Jay

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 24, 2013, 11:19:45 PM
Rumor is they will pick up PP's option so they can move him on in a trade eventually, if he walks could just sign with the Clips
KG won't like being stranded in Boston while his mates contend for a title in LA :o

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Jayman on June 24, 2013, 11:21:05 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 24, 2013, 11:19:45 PM
KG won't like being stranded in Boston while his mates contend for a title in LA :o
ino but its almost impossible that he can join LA now that the NBA have put that block statement out, they wont be done wheeling and dealing yet tho, Clips r gonna throw the bank at the next 3 seasons and hope it gets them over the line, right now i dont think they r much better, Blake Griffin will have to be the 3rd best player on that team to be a title contender, his defense is terrible and u dont see a lot of fast break dunks in the playoffs