Main Menu

2013 NBA Off-Season

Started by gossiboy, June 22, 2013, 02:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 04:03:59 AM
Westbrook though
yep he is a great SHOOTING guard but give me Rondo at the point any day.

Windigo

So people rather a pass first point guard over a shoot first one....

If your team is shower, then obviously why should the point guard pass to players all the time that aren't really high caliber... :P

Holz

Quote from: Windigo on August 02, 2013, 09:51:13 AM
So people rather a pass first point guard over a shoot first one....

If your team is shower, then obviously why should the point guard pass to players all the time that aren't really high caliber... :P

that seems to be the philosphy and I dont understnad it. I dont care what people say westbrook is a great PG who cares if he is the frst or second option. It was clear that when he went down he was needed people say durrant will just score 40 with a normal point guard.

first up I doubt it as it makes their attack 1 dimensional and secondly I see westbrook + durrant outscoring durrant + past first point guard e.g. rondo.

the argument I could make for him is the same for KObe, when your off dont keep shooting. Lebron doesnt, when he isnt feeling it he either switches to driving or assisting. Thats why lebron James is the best point in the league.

Westbrook is a clear top 10 player.

Andy3737

Paul > Parker > Rose > Westbrook >> Rondo >>>> everyone else

Master Q

Westbrook top 10 player? Jesus. Talk about overrated.

Personally I prefer pass first, they can't really be stopped from passing + just because they pass doesn't mean they don't score.

Westbrook/Durant is much more 1 dimensional compared to Rondo/Parker + Durant.

Oh, and I've linked this before but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVitzGz9g2s

WATCH IT ALL

Master Q

Jay

OKC won't be champions until they have a good 3rd scorer. Trading Russ for a pass-first guard + a scorer off the bench would give KD a fair run at the title. Harden trade is probably the worst trade in history, or close to it!

Westbrook over Rondo is a joke. Give me 12 assists over a guy chucking up 20 shots for sure.

Andy3737

He had the 8th best per this season. Top 10 isnt a stretch.

I personally have it

Lebron>>Durant>Paul>Anthony>Wade>Harden>Lopez>Duncan>Westbrook>Bryant/Rose/Parker/Griffin

Cant split the last 4.

Jay

Andy3737

Lopez had an amazing season.....

Jay

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 06:42:39 PM
Lopez had an amazing season.....
He did but choosing him over Duncan is blasphemy.

No offence but that is a horribly formed list. Wade waaayyy over-rated these days!

Andy3737

And on what basis are you forming that from?

Master Q

That is one of the worse lists I've ever seen...

Andy3737

LOL

I have stats to back my list up. You guys have opinions. Nuff said

For instanc here is duncan vs lopez

Its super close, but gave lopez the thumbs up due to him being the much better offensive player while not being as bad on defence

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=lopezbr01&y1=2013&p2=duncati01&y2=2013

Master Q

Quote from: Andy3737 on August 02, 2013, 07:03:34 PM
LOL

I have stats to back my list up. You guys have opinions. Nuff said
What stats back up Westbrook?

And show me some defense related stats  ::)