Tom Boyd Appreciation Thread

Started by Noz, June 17, 2013, 06:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Essendon have a few we might put on the table not Carlisle  :-X

specky92

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 02, 2013, 03:48:29 PM
Essendon have a few we might put on the table not Carlisle  :-X
Carlisle is fast becoming one of the most valuable players in the game.

Noz

Geez Tom Boyd is great

Wingard and Boyd combo will be unstoppable if he comes to Port.

Ziplock

why would boyd slip to port? :S

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ziplock on July 03, 2013, 02:43:02 PM
why would boyd slip to port? :S

Maybe Port can try to slip to Boyd. :P

Nah, you'd imagine he'd go Top 3. Boyd and Hogan at Melbourne, now that's a frightening proposition...

Capper

GWS wont use a pick to get Buddy as they can get him on the free angency, they are more likely to use their pick as trade bait as they dont need someone like Boyd with Buddy, Cameron and Patton already there

BB67th

Am I the only one that thinks that Melbourne won't want him? Hogan, Clarke, Dawes, they are already paying those three some big dollars. Are they really going to go out and get another key forward?

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: BB67th on July 03, 2013, 05:24:11 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that Melbourne won't want him? Hogan, Clarke, Dawes, they are already paying those three some big dollars. Are they really going to go out and get another key forward?

that's what all St Kilda and Bulldogs fans are hoping. might not matter if GWS trade pick 1 though.. or pick up Boyd themselves

BB67th

Hmmm I never really thought Brisbane a chance to get Boyd (and still don't really), but what if we did something like Karnezis + First round pick? Maybe another fringe player? Billy Longer? I know the Giants want a ruckman. Can't see Vossy wanting to trade Billy though. I don't know probably wouldn't happen with better offers from rival clubs anyway.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: BB67th on July 03, 2013, 06:49:45 PM
Hmmm I never really thought Brisbane a chance to get Boyd (and still don't really), but what if we did something like Karnezis + First round pick? Maybe another fringe player? Billy Longer? I know the Giants want a ruckman. Can't see Vossy wanting to trade Billy though. I don't know probably wouldn't happen with better offers from rival clubs anyway.

i don't think that'll do it. have to give up quality to get quality. Rockliff and your first rounder maybe

Ziplock

Quote from: brad on July 03, 2013, 06:56:29 PM
Quote from: BB67th on July 03, 2013, 06:49:45 PM

i don't think that'll do it. have to give up quality to get quality. Rockliff and your first rounder maybe

I'll actually disagree with that, I mean we'd pretty much definitely do rockliff + pick 5 at this stage

but I reckon we'd do longer + pick 5 and maybe a pick upgrade as well. We do really need another ruckman, and  giving giles the ability to go forward would be ideal.

I really, really doubt we'd do it for karnezis though. 

BB67th

You know, I think that could work for us actually, we need the forward more than a ruckman. And seeing as we have Stefan Martin who can play second ruck as well as Merrett if need be, Boyd would be a great addition to the club.

I'm sure it won't happen though.

kilbluff1985

they interviewed him on AFL 360 seems like he has a good head on his shoulders also has a basketball background which is good

Vinny

What do you think the Blues would need to do to get Boyd ?

Yarran + First round pick so maybe Pick 10 ?

Thoughts ? :)

Jroo

Quote from: vinny on July 11, 2013, 05:04:49 PM
What do you think the Blues would need to do to get Boyd ?

Yarran + First round pick so maybe Pick 10 ?

Thoughts ? :)
I think Carlton may go after him. GWS want more than that though, it's not like they really need Yarran. Even though Kreuzer has said he's not moving, I think he would've been someone GWS would be interested in.