B Carlisle, Taylor, McPharlin
HB Hibberd, Hanley, Walker
C Pendles, Jack, GAJ   
CF Stevie J, NROO, Stokes 
FF J Cameron, JJK, L Thomas
F Minson, Watson, JPK
I/C Hanebery, Goldy, Enright, Bartel

post your own

pretty happy with it few blokes miss out obviously but think everyone deserves there spot

Spite

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 11:36:11 PM
bit bored thought this would be fun

C Pendles, Jack, GAJ   
F Minson, Watson, JPK

post your own

pretty happy with it few blokes miss out obviously but think everyone deserves there spot

I really like that team. Pyke vs Goldy is a tough choice personally.

Cameron could be but not sure if he would actually be considered seriously.

Enright/Bartel could be anyone on the interchance, maybe scooter/barlow, eski throwing up good numbers along with Harry O

Good team mate

Mat0369

I am just doing this quickly off the top of my head and try and keep these positions as legit as possible, eg. not putting midfielders all over the ground like the AA selectors do.

Walker          McPharlin     Scott Thompson
Hanley           Taylor           Hibberd
Pendlebury     Watson         Douglas
Garlett            NRoo            Breust
L Thomas         JJK                Cox
Minson             JPK              Ablett
Malceski, Stevie J, Jack, Hannebery

In Thompsons spot I was tossing up between 3 players, Carlisle, Michael Johnson (he has been really good when I have watched Freo play) and Birch. The reason I have Cox in the forward line is that he has been playing forward more with Nic Nat back and it means I don't have to have a second ruck on my bench. Pyke and Goldstein are the two unlucky ones to miss out. Small/medium forwards are difficult. The standouts this year have been Thomas, Garlett, Walters (injured) and Cyril although he was playing more midfield before he got injured.

Cicjose

Walters ahead of Stokes for mine in that fist team

he was the 2nd best small forward in the comp before injury (behind L Thomas)

In that second team is almost spot on

Mat0369

Also the reason I didn't include Stokes in mine is that he has been playing purely as a mid this season. I think he is really close but I can't put him in ahead of Jack, Hanners, Stevie J and co

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on June 11, 2013, 12:01:46 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 11:36:11 PM
bit bored thought this would be fun

C Pendles, Jack, GAJ   
F Minson, Watson, JPK

post your own

I really like that team. Pyke vs Goldy is a tough choice personally.

Cameron could be but not sure if he would actually be considered seriously.

Enright/Bartel could be anyone on the interchance, maybe scooter/barlow, eski throwing up good numbers along with Harry O

Good team mate

you would think that the bloke coming third in the coleman, despite playing for the last place team, would come into serious consideration for AA...

I'm not saying that he'll finish top 3 for the coleman, but it is a mid season AA team :P

kilbluff1985

i didn't include Walters because he has missed a few games that's a big criteria for me SJ has to obviously but no chance he would not be in it

i made this cause one of the facebook pages made one and did not have Hanley thought that was laughable

quinny88

With a couple of spare hours on my plate I have had a crack at a mid season All Australian team

D: J.Bartel (GEE), S.D.Thompson (NM), J.Carlisle (ESS)

HB: M.Hibberd (ESS), H.Taylor (GEE), J.Mcveigh (SYD)

M: J.Selwood(GEE), J.Watson (ESS), S.Mitchell (HAW)

HF: S.Johnson (GEE), N.Riewoldt (STK), M.Stokes (GEE)

FF: J.Garlett (CARL) , J.J.Kennedy (WCE), L.Thomas (NM)

F: W.Minson (WBD), G.Ablett (GC), S.Pendlebury (COLL)

Int: T.Goldstein (NM), L.Mcpharlin (FRE), K. Jack (SYD), A.Walker (CARL)

It is so hard to squeeze them all in and keep them relevant to position but this is what I felt resembled the best team so far this season. Could have easily had Hanley across half back, Walters in the forward pocket, about 10 other midfielders!

The main struggle I had was finding a balance in the forward line. It has been a great season for small forwards but  a pretty ordinary one for the tall forwards so went with the 2 best tall forwards (imo) and all the gun smalls

What are your thoughts?

ossie85

I question Bartel as a back pocket pretty hard.... And Scott Thompson at full back (switch with McPharlin and is much better) is questionable also

Who have an extra player in the followers :P Sneaky

But all in all a pretty good team, hard to judge without trying to make your own.

roo boys!

I don't mind Scotty D at full back, after all, that is where he plays haha

He's not a monster like others but can certainly tame the monsters of the competition.

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 11, 2013, 05:22:30 AM
i didn't include Walters because he has missed a few games that's a big criteria for me SJ has to obviously but no chance he would not be in it

i made this cause one of the facebook pages made one and did not have Hanley thought that was laughable
Hanley should be in there but not sure I agree with him at centre half back....perhaps McPharlin to full back, Taylor to CHB and then Hanley/Hibberd either pocket or HBF.
Harsh not giving Scotty Thompson a go too I think but maybe that's just my bias!
I know McPharlin has been a very good defender for a long time but it's a bit easier to not be scored against when you've got Freo's lockdown Lyon's game plan compared to North's high risk high reward generally both high scoring with plenty of inside 50's.

kilbluff1985

Yeah Thompson was unlucky not to make my team was very close

You would think he would have made it in after I just traded him into my SC team last week

ADEZ

Taylor - Carlisle - Walker
Hibberd - McPharlin - Hanley
Pendlebury - Watson - Jack
Johnson - Reiwoldt - Cameron
Gartlett - J.J.Kennedy - Thomas
Minson - Ablett - J.P.Kennedy
Int - Hannebry - Enright - Bartel - Goldstein

EMG: O'Meara  ;)

quinny88

Just noticed that im the only person with Jarred McVeigh in my team. He has easily been the best back flanker this season!

CrowsFan

Quote from: quinny88 on June 13, 2013, 01:50:01 PM
Just noticed that im the only person with Jarred McVeigh in my team. He has easily been the best back flanker this season!
You're also the only person playing 23 people :P

quinny88

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 13, 2013, 01:57:15 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on June 13, 2013, 01:50:01 PM
You're also the only person playing 23 people :P

Haha so I am :P my bad. I removed Hanners, unlucky! He's an emergency haha