Main Menu

Jack Watts

Started by powersuperkents, June 09, 2013, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

I have a feeling Watts would get eaten alive by the fitness regimes at any of the top 8 clubs.
Port might be a good fit then.

Kind of think he needs to avoid football states though.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Sid on June 09, 2013, 08:50:23 PM
I have a feeling Watts would get eaten alive by the fitness regimes at any of the top 8 clubs.

Kind of think he needs to avoid football states though.
Sorry Sid but Port have a great fitness program now, maybe why players have fallen off quickly?

Anyway, Burgess has them fit as anyone! ;)

PowerBug

C'mon Sid, you're better than that... Being a stats man i thought you'd have known which team has won the most 4th quarters of any team this season. Yes, it's Port. Yeah, maybe we don't turn up for the first quarters, and we aren't a top 8 club, but you can't go making those remarks when the stats show the opposite.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on June 09, 2013, 10:04:06 PM
C'mon Sid, you're better than that... Being a stats man i thought you'd have known which team has won the most 4th quarters of any team this season. Yes, it's Port. Yeah, maybe we don't turn up for the first quarters, and we aren't a top 8 club, but you can't go making those remarks when the stats show the opposite.
Well played PowahBug, well played.

But yeah, I reckon Watts will probably go to the Giants, heard rumours they're keen on him, Buddy and Gumby.

My Chumps

Quote from: NigeyS on June 09, 2013, 11:10:37 PM

But yeah, I reckon Watts will probably go to the Giants, heard rumours they're keen on him, Buddy and Gumby.
So he can look out of place with talent younger than him? Needs to go to a semi-established team IMO. I thought I heard the Roos were interested a while back?
Would rather see him stay at the Dees though because of how much they've invested in him. It hurts talking to my Melbourne supporter friends that have been pinning their hopes on him for the last few years :(

Nige

Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 11:41:29 PM

So he can look out of place with talent younger than him? Needs to go to a semi-established team IMO. I thought I heard the Roos were interested a while back?
Would rather see him stay at the Dees though because of how much they've invested in him. It hurts talking to my Melbourne supporter friends that have been pinning their hopes on him for the last few years :(
Yeah, fair call. I don't know much to be honest, I just feel one of the expansion teams would be good for him, or an established club. He's got talent and can be a really good player, but I honestly can't see it happening at Melbourne. I like the guy though, so no matter where he is come 2014, I hope he can take a step in the right direction to matching the tag of No.1 pick that we all know he can.

My Chumps

Quote from: NigeyS on June 09, 2013, 11:54:52 PM

Yeah, fair call. I don't know much to be honest, I just feel one of the expansion teams would be good for him, or an established club. He's got talent and can be a really good player, but I honestly can't see it happening at Melbourne. I like the guy though, so no matter where he is come 2014, I hope he can take a step in the right direction to matching the tag of No.1 pick that we all know he can.
Yeah me too. Reading that article made me feel nothing but sympathy for the kid! Hope he can get it done at some point in his career.

stew42

I think I heard someone say that if another club got Watts, they'd have to put 2 years of development into him to bring him up to scratch? Maybe a bit of an overstatement, but the point is there. Watts needs to do a lot of work if/when he leaves Melbourne...

EDIT: Of course, if he were at the Giants, this would be another story. Although then the Giants would have 5 number 1 draft picks in their team assuming they finish last this year. Two of them would be poached from Melbourne. That would make GWS ri-flowering-diculous in 5 years time.

Ziplock

yeah, he really needs either a solid team around the top 8, or an expansion team.

the giants wouldn't be too bad for him- we have (20?) first round draft picks in our side, and 3 number one picks (lets be honest- 4 with this draft :P ). The pressure won't be on watts to carry the team, as it has been for the rest of his career, and he can play and develop at the same time, rather than having to play vfl/ wafl/neafl

kilbluff1985

so they going to get Aish to? :'( :-\

stew42

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
I reckon Tommy Boyd at this stage...

AFEV

Quote from: stew42 on June 10, 2013, 09:42:37 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2013, 09:04:51 AM
I reckon Tommy Boyd at this stage...
Ha, imagine if GWS somehow ended up with Franklin, Patton, Cameron and Boyd. No way it would happen of course. Definitely think Boyd is the #1 talent though, whether or not he goes with the first pick.

PB, you know I was just joking around. I'm well aware of the changes Port made to their conditioning staff and how well they've performed in second halves. The fact is probably just about every club (other than the expansion clubs who aren't even doing full load pre-seasons at the moment) would probably see Watts struggle, and would take some time to adjust.

Ziplock

I really doubt we'd grab franklin and boyd

4 beasts in the forward line seems excessive :P

stew42

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2013, 12:39:19 PM
I really doubt we'd grab franklin and boyd

4 beasts in the forward line seems excessive :P
You mean excessively awesome!  ;D

Toga

Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 08:42:16 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on June 09, 2013, 08:35:40 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
Sydney don't want him. Being weak as piss doesn't suit our team mentality.
So why you get Tippett? :o
A wild butthurt Adelaide supporter appeared!  :P

Hahahahah that was fantastic Chumpy, straight to the Trev Marmalade award it goes!! ;D