Main Menu

Jack Watts

Started by powersuperkents, June 09, 2013, 12:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

powersuperkents

What is the likeliness of him not being re-signed by the Demons? I don't think any of the big clubs would want him if the demons dropped him and he has the potential (just been in a showerhouse team for the duration of his career). I'm thinking he could be an extremely effective pick-up for us :D ??

Thoughts?

This article is a nice read as well http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-09/one-hell-of-a-debut

Ziplock

yeah, sounds like a move watts would enjoy, one dead end club to another.

he either needs to go to a solid, established champion club like hawks, sydney, geelong, or to one of the expansion clubs.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on June 09, 2013, 12:44:44 PM
yeah, sounds like a move watts would enjoy, one dead end club to another.

he either needs to go to a solid, established champion club like hawks, sydney, geelong, or to one of the expansion clubs.
haha this may sound purely subjective and bias but Port Adelaide are by far the best team in the comp ;)  :P

Ziplock

nah, I think that analysis is completely objective.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Ziplock on June 09, 2013, 03:35:45 PM
nah, I think that analysis is completely objective.
hahahaha

PowerBug

Today seesm to be the day where the key player which can be fwd or back is very valuable. Just look at Geelong (Taylor), Essendon (Carlisle, Hurley), Sydney (LRT).

Jack Watts is the sort of player that could fit that mould at Port, but that requires our staff to be able to work on his one on one ability, something i don't think we could do. Also, i'd rather play Paul Stewart (who seems to be that swingman for us atm) over him. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on June 09, 2013, 04:43:47 PM
Today seesm to be the day where the key player which can be fwd or back is very valuable. Just look at Geelong (Taylor), Essendon (Carlisle, Hurley), Sydney (LRT).

Jack Watts is the sort of player that could fit that mould at Port, but that requires our staff to be able to work on his one on one ability, something i don't think we could do. Also, i'd rather play Paul Stewart (who seems to be that swingman for us atm) over him. :)
Do you think Paul Stewart is good? I think he is one of the players that holds our team back. If he were drafted by any other club I could imagine him being dropped a long time ago. There are a lot of emerging players that I've grown fond of this season especially Wingard and the Hoff (always loved Westhoff though). Cornes and Boak have only got better, Wines looks promising but fussed out quickly. The main player who has impressed me is Jonas :) How good has he been this season I love watching him play in the backs, there are a lot of players in our team who I watch and can't believe they are even being paid to play but it's the players like Hartlett, Wingard, Westhoff, Jonas etc. that give me hope that one day we can return to lead the top of the ladder like the early 2000's where we always finished first ;D I really hope that we pick up an abundance of free agents over the transfer week :) So far Ebert has been a fantastic trade, I'm not so sold on Monfries, to be honest I liked him while we were winning but now I hate him with a passion

kilbluff1985

Lol could have told you that about Monfries is only good when the teams doing well

powersuperkents

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 09, 2013, 05:27:41 PM
Lol could have told you that about Monfries is only good when the teams doing well
haha I solely blame Monfries for losing us the game against the Bulldogs, after seeing him miss that easy set shot he is my most hated in the PAFC. Hopefully he can win my respect again   

PowerBug

I agree with everytihng you've said kents. :D Monfries is a joke, missing important set shots just as we were mounting comebacks, did it against the Blues twice and least week vs the Dogs.

There's been a vast improvement from 2012, and one thing that has shown in the last 5 weeks is the depth. In the first 5 weeks we were injury free, and we could match it with our opponents, but give us injuries to key players (Pittard and especially Trengrove) and we struggle.

Watts wouldn't be necessary to Port, the group we have is the ones that we need to move forward with, there'll be no major retirements this season either in positions Watts could fill. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: PowerBug on June 09, 2013, 06:13:22 PM
I agree with everytihng you've said kents. :D Monfries is a joke, missing important set shots just as we were mounting comebacks, did it against the Blues twice and least week vs the Dogs.

There's been a vast improvement from 2012, and one thing that has shown in the last 5 weeks is the depth. In the first 5 weeks we were injury free, and we could match it with our opponents, but give us injuries to key players (Pittard and especially Trengrove) and we struggle.

Watts wouldn't be necessary to Port, the group we have is the ones that we need to move forward with, there'll be no major retirements this season either in positions Watts could fill. :)
haha that is so fair. I just mainly want them to get Watts for the point of saying "we have the number 1 draft pick of 2009" much like Chelsea F.C. with getting Fernando Torres (They are my team but lets face it Torres is a useless waste of $50million and now no team will touch him). It's good to see all the improvement within our team and until the players become more durable and the showerheads start getting everything together we can just sit and enjoy the highs and lows. Lets hope to finish 9-12 if worse comes to worst. Hopefully (may be extremely unlikely) we can make the 8 :)

tbagrocks

WattSpud for WestSpud ::)

Watts would be perfect for Port! Bad for Melbourne though!

My Chumps

Sydney don't want him. Being weak as piss doesn't suit our team mentality.

tbagrocks

Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
So why you get Tippett? :o

My Chumps

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 09, 2013, 08:35:40 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 08:26:06 PM
So why you get Tippett? :o
A wild butthurt Adelaide supporter appeared!  :P