Trade Review - 10 Rounds in

Started by Nails, June 04, 2013, 03:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Quote from: Sid on June 20, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
Trade 5
Gave: Pick 33, Ryan Bastinac, Bernie Vince, Michael Rischitelli, Kyal Horsley, Lewis Johnston
Received: Harley Bennell, Koby Stevens and Hayden Crozier

VERDICT: WIN
Holy shower, you absolutely dominated this trade.

CrowsFan

Sam Fisher out for the rest of the season makes my trade of him for Taylor Adams even better :D

Nails

Considering the Armadillos' plan was to compete now and not eleventy years in the future this trade looks more and more gun every week

Buenos Aires gives: Jack Grimes + Jesse Stringer
Buenos Aires receive: Michael Barlow + Shaun Burgoyne

Holz

Quote from: Nails on June 25, 2013, 11:34:14 PM
Considering the Armadillos' plan was to compete now and not eleventy years in the future this trade looks more and more gun every week

Buenos Aires gives: Jack Grimes + Jesse Stringer
Buenos Aires receive: Michael Barlow + Shaun Burgoyne

If only I gave you mundy instead. Not sure why i gave you the young one and kept the old guy consdiering im going young.

thanks for Boak though

roo boys!

Quote from: CrowsFan on June 25, 2013, 06:27:50 PM
Sam Fisher out for the rest of the season makes my trade of him for Taylor Adams even better :D
Glad I moved Fisher on too...was regretting it earlier this year with the backline in dire straits.

roo boys!

Know it's a bit later know but have decided to review my trades from the off season.

Trade 1
Sao Paulo Gives: Pick 53, Sam Fisher
Toronto Gives: Pick 32, Taylor Adams
Not a horrible trade for me, Adams hasn't taken the next step so wouldn't be getting regular games for the Wolves while Fisher was further on traded to land me Zorko. Pick 53 was also on traded

Trade 2
Toronto gives: Pick 68, Nathan van Berlo and Josh Bootmas
Dublin gives: Nathan Grima
Would have been a big loss with Grima who I planned to be my solid 90 ave D1 dropping 12ppg since last season, but van Berlo has also dropped 10 ppg. Bit of a disappointing one for all involved. Pick 68 was on traded by Holz and eventually netted Jack Redpath so hard to tell yet whether that will be much of a loss for me.

Trade 3
Toronto gives: Pick 53, Jared Rivers & Ted Richards
Tokyo gives: Pick 43 & Liam Shiels
Rivers has been very underwhelming, while Richards has maintained a solid 60 average, I've already got too many defenders that score around that. This was a case of getting rid of something I had excess of (60-70 ppg defenders) in order to get something a little different. This is only a win as Shiels allowed me to get Swallow

Trade 4
Tokyo gives: Picks 14, 61 and Matt Leuenberger
Toronto gives: Picks 13, 43 and Sam Mitchell
This, while looking like a big trade, didn't really amount for much other than allowing other trades to go ahead. Berger and pick 14 both departed within a day or so. Mitchell a pretty big loss but Swallow a straight replacement for him. Everything I received in this trade was on traded.

Trade 5
Toronto gives: Pick 14, Preseason Draft 2nd Round and Liam Shiels
Beijing gives: Andrew Swallow
While not looking as such a big win as it was at the time of the trade, I still come out on top here as Shiels has been underwhelming and Swallow, while having his worst year out of the last 4, still provides me with a very solid VC option and I'm sure as North start winning more games in the years to come he'll be a 120+ midfielder. Pick 14 netted Sam Mayes, who has been solid.

Trade 6
Pacific gives: Picks 39, 71, Darren Jolly, Ben Cunnington and Levi Greenwood
Toronto gives: Matt Leuenberger
Berger has been good, but Jolly has been a really great ruck option when fit, averaging 101 when you take out his injury game where he scored a mere 1. Injuries have been a bit of a concern though as you'd imagine for a ruckman his age, but he stated the other day he will most likely play on for at least another year, maybe two so that's good news for the Wolves. Berger obviously the preferred ruck choice but Cunners has taken the big leap I knew he would, going from a 76 average right up to the 90s, and he's still very young. Greenwood has been good when he's played, shame Scott dropped him this week but he'd be pushing for a spot in the XV when he's named. Pick 39 got me Mason Shaw, yet to see how that turns out.

Trade 7
Wellington gives: Sam Butler
Toronto gives: Rohan Bewick
Big win, Butler has been a great find this year, playing a large number of games in defence for Toronto including a turn in the Team of the Week. Bewick would not be getting games in my XV so good that I traded to improve a weakness in the defence and turned out nicely.

Trade 8
Toronto gives: Picks 50 + 71
Berlin gives: Pick 44
This was a bit of a nothing trade, only done so I could satisfy ML's demands for the draft pick he wanted in a trade.

Trade 9
Toronto gives: Robbie Gray and Kieran Harper
Dublin gives: Pick 5 and Tommy Walsh
Gray has played every game since round 4 which would be a great sign for Holz and he has been quite good taking out his sub affected games, while Harper and Walsh have both played minimal games as they've both had injuries and whatnot plaguing them this season. Pick 5 was needed for the next trade.

Trade 10
Toronto gives: Pick 5 and Andrew Carrazzo
Buenos Aires gives: Mitch Robinson and Dan Nicholson
Tough one to grade, would have been a loss as Robbo and Nicholson have been horror pickups, being in and out of the side and dropping their averages by a combined 20 ppg, but Carrots has been equally as bad. If I had my time again probably would have used the value of pick 5 a bit better but not a lot I can do about it now. Pick 5 was on traded by the Dillos and ended up netting Jack Viney.

Trade 11
Moscow gives: Pick 14
Toronto gives: Angus Monfries
Monfries has really lifted at Port as we kinda expected, pushing his average into the 90s. Pick 14 was needed to get the hot property of the off season in Dayne Zorko, but really would have preferred to have Monfries in the F3 slot than Zorko at the moment!

Trade 12
Toronto gives: Sam Fisher, Pick 14 and Josh Toy
New Delhi gives: Dayne Zorko and Ben Mabon
Despite Zorko suffering from the second year Blues I still think he'll return to being a 100 ave forward next year and into the future, while Fisher has been ruled out for the year and doesn't have long left. Josh Toy is playing local footy for Abers and Mabon has really taken a step in the VFL this year so could become a very viable option in a few years time. As I said earlier, Pick 14 eventuated into Sam Mayes.

Trade 13
Toronto gives: Sam Wright and Ben Hudson
London gives: Richard Douglas and Steven Morris
Was a great trade when Hudson retired, but he would have been the perfect back up ruckman with Jolly as my R1, as Hudson only plays when Jolly is out and he'd only be required for the Wolves when Jolly is out. Had I know he'd be going to the Pies I'd probably have kept him, but still a good trade as Douglas has been great (wish I kept him) and Wright has been ordinary. Morris solid backup.

Trade 14
Toronto gives: Pick 86
Beunos Aires gives: David Rodan
Did this after Rodan didn't have a club in the hope he would get picked up and he did by the Dees and has played a fair whack of games so not a bad little investment, I can live with losing Gerald Ugle :P

Trade 15
Toronto trades: Pick 44, David Hale, Richard Douglas
Cairo trades: Pick 50, Brock McLean, Clinton Young
The second last trade of the initial trade period ended up being a big one, with Cairo coming out on top I feel. McLean has been OK but not setting the world on fire, while Douglas has lifted his average to 104, going up a whopping 24 ppg. I originally had him on the bench with Cunnington, that would have been quite the bench combination but my thinking was that Young would be an almost like for like replacement. Oh how wrong I was, still struggling to get his body right and will miss another month of footy with that hammy of his, I'll still try and keep the faith as his role as Collingwood has actually looked relatively SC friendly in the one full game he's played, but oh how I wish I still had Douglas. Hale has been decent enough.

Toga

Quote from: roo boys! on July 21, 2013, 11:14:50 AM
Trade 5
While not looking as such a big win as it was at the time of the trade, I still come out on top here as Shiels has been underwhelming and Swallow, while having his worst year out of the last 4, still provides me with a very solid VC option and I'm sure as North start winning more games in the years to come he'll be a 120+ midfielder. Pick 14 netted Sam Mayes, who has been solid.

Haha come on you smashed this trade!! Shiels = terrible this year and now he's injured, although Sammy Mayes has been a great pickup...

roo boys!

Quote from: Toga on July 21, 2013, 04:17:15 PM
Trade 5

Haha come on you smashed this trade!! Shiels = terrible this year and now he's injured, although Sammy Mayes has been a great pickup...
Yeah, I won it :P

But Swallow has dropped this year, will lift again for sure.

Holz

Trade 9
Gray has played every game since round 4 which would be a great sign for Holz and he has been quite good taking out his sub affected games, while Harper and Walsh have both played minimal games as they've both had injuries and whatnot plaguing them this season. Pick 5 was needed for the next trade.

might want to make this one red.

unsubbed scores

85 75 103 106 40 124 59 114 118 107

93.1 average

Jay

I'll do this on c4's behalf ;)

Trade 1
Pacific Gives: Pick 80, Chris Judd, Nick Suban, Jacob Townsend
Pacific Receives: Picks 2, 6, 39 and 57, Sam Blease

Looks like a big win for us here. Judd is a gun but he is far from his best and we managed to get some very good youth for him - picks 2 and 6 being the most valuable pieces. This club is building to the future and Blease may end up alright.

Trade 2
Sao Paulo Gives: Pick 71 and Jarryd Blair
Pacific Gives: Pick 26 and Andrew Walker

Seems to be a loss here. Andrew Walker has smashed Blair this year plus we gave up a valuable pick.

Trade 3
Cairo Gives: Pick 60 and Jordan Lisle
Pacific Gives: Josh Gibson

Bit of a nothing trade but I'm fairly happy with it. Gibson is approaching 30 so too old for our lineup and Lisle has shown potential plus pick 60 is better than nothing.

Trade 4
Pacific Gives: Pick 7, Drew Petrie and Lee Spurr
Pacific Receives: Picks 5, 45 and Tom Rockliff

Holy shower :o well done c4. Got a pick upgrade and then getting a young fwd gun for an old guy plus a depth back, need I say more?

Trade 5
Pacific gives: Pick 44 and Dion Prestia
New York gives: Claye Beams and Ben Cunnington

The human meatball, Dion Prestia has shone this year while Beams did his ACL :(

Trade 6
London gives: Pick 46 & Sam Docherty
Pacific gives: Quinten Lynch

Another huge win for c4. Lynch is a spud and is about a decade too old for Pacific :P pick 46 and Sam Docherty = good.

Trade 7
Berlin gives: Picks 10, 38, Jeremy Howe and Sam Darley
Pacific gives: Picks 45, 60 and David Swallow

Interesting! Pick 10 and Jeremy Howe are pretty valuable pieces going forward and David Swallow was been pretty underwhelming for a number 1 pick. Sam Darley has potential to be a good fantasy back. I think we win, just!

Trade 8
Pacific gives: Simon Black, Daniel Kerr and Pick 46
Mexico City gives: Ben Howlett

Got rid of two old guys plus not a greatly valuable pick for a young guy with potential. Howlett has shown a lot of promise this year :)

Trade 9
Pacific gives: Pick 5 and Sam Docherty
Dublin gives: Billy Longer and Adam Tomlinson

Willing to call this one even. Pick 5 and Docherty hurts to go but honestly I thought Docherty would have shown more this year. Tomlinson has really improved and Longer is pretty valuable :)

Trade 10
Pacific gives: Pick 10 + Lewis Roberts-Thomson
New Delhi gives: Pick 7

Haha LRT is a spud and got us moved up 3 places in the draft *thumbs up*

Trade 11
Pacific gives: Picks 39, 71, Darren Jolly, Ben Cunnington and Levi Greenwood
Toronto gives: Matt Leuenberger

RB fell for the North Melbourne factor :P I really like this trade, Leuey is one of the most valuable rucks in the game imo. Young, can score like a gun and is in an improving team. Didn't really give up any overly valuable pieces.

Trade 12
New York gives: Matt de Boer, Ahmed Saad, Jackson Paine and Shane Savage
Pacific gives: Pick 7 and Jarryd Blair

Big and interesting trade, quite a tough one to call. Offloading Blair is ok and New York probably thought he would be worth more. Pick 7 is good though and would have helped to build our future. de Boer has been oh so shower this year and seems to be playing a different role. Saad cant score, but Paine and Savage have shown potential. A loss, just!

Trade 13
Pacific gives: Nick Smith + Pick 2
Wellington gives: Thomas Bugg, Pick 5 and Pick 37

Not too bad. Pick 2 would have been nice but getting 5 and 37 almost makes up for it. Although Bugg has been horrible this year he has shown in the past he could play a role that allows him to be a good back in this comp and has the edge over Smith. I call this trade even.

Trade 14
Seoul gives: Chris Dawes and Rhys Stanley
Pacific gives: Sam Darley and Jack Newnes

Dawes at Melbourne is not good but Darley has barely even got a game. Stanley has shown some promise and I do not know much about Newnes. Seems pretty even, good to have Stanley!

Trade 15
Berlin gives: Daniel Talia
Pacific gives: Pick 37

Talia has good job security and I guess is good depth but I think pick 37 would have been pretty valuable.

All in all, I think c4 did really well to set Pacific up for the future! :)

Master Q

Yeah, Q had nothing to do with any trades  :)

roo boys!

Quote from: Holzman on July 21, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

Trade 9

might want to make this one red.

unsubbed scores

85 75 103 106 40 124 59 114 118 107

93.1 average
Yeah, Gray's been good but pick 5 was necessary for me to get either way to make all the other trades fall into motion. Harper cant get a game