Main Menu

Tom Mitchell JS?

Started by kilbluff1985, May 31, 2013, 01:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Just wondering what his JS is like if he plays ok?

Which guys he is fighting for a spot with etc

Not considering him this week but Jaegar to Mitchell after round 12 is looking golden

Really excited to see this bloke play

SydneyRox

In general terms you would have to say poor. He is fighting for the vest spots against guys like Lamb, Armstrong, Bird and even Parker who all rotate through the mids.

Having said that, with a pretty injury ravaged back liine ATM he has more chance to hang around, if he plays in the 1's the way he has played in the 2's he will be very very hard to drop.

Capper

He has just entered a team with the likes of Shaw, Mattner, Tippett, LRT, Reid and AJ to come into. He will get a couple of games in the vest but when the others come back then he will be fighting for a position with the likes of Lamb, Armstrong and co. Shaw, Mattner, Tippett, LRT and Reid come back in for Everitt, Walsh, Morton, and 2 others (I dont know who though) and Mitchell has to battle with the likes of Parker, Bird(tagger), Jack, McVeigh, Kennedy, Hannebery, Malceski, Jetta, ROK, Bolton and Goodes for a midfield spot

Samm79

It's looking better now  ;)

SydneyRox

he looked as good as any rookie first gamer i have seen, watching how hanners fit in the team was the same. He did everythingbhe could to hold his place.

RiOtChEsS

they cant drop him after that performance, didnt just get touches, they complimented the way the others played and he fitted in...

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-03/walshs-season-over

With season ending injury to Walsh will this improve Mitchell's JS. Not exactly like for like though.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on June 03, 2013, 03:26:44 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-03/walshs-season-over

With season ending injury to Walsh will this improve Mitchell's JS. Not exactly like for like though.
i think White will come in this weekend for 1 game and then Tippett will replace White in R13. It will be interesting to see who goes out for Reid though

stew42

Now he has showerloads, surely.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Brownlow 2016, 2017, 2018. First to win three Brownlows in a row.

j959

Quote from: stew42 on June 03, 2013, 03:43:35 PM
Now he has showerloads, surely.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Brownlow 2016, 2017, 2018. First to win three Brownlows in a row.
whoa, whoa, whoa there stew!  ;)

he is a jet, i should never have doubted him but let's not get too far ahead of things!!!  8)   ;)

as per previous comments above, barring injury, i'm backing him in and trading him in off that 1 game as a gamble, plus it is one less donut this week if he is named again!  ;)

*hopes he hasn't jinxed the kid*   ;)

SydneyRox

I wouldnt be trading him in after the 1 game going into a bye. But if he plays a full game against the crows and is named against port he will have to come in!

SydneyRox

JS just got a lot better with Mattners retirement.

McVeigh stays in the backs leaving a more permanent midfield role available.

As Coniglio tweeted - "he may never play reserves footy again!"

kilbluff1985

Lloyd on Footy Classified reckons he'll never be dropped from the team well he said in the next 200 games

Capper

Watch everyone jump on this kids back now that Bjack has been named

Nige

Had an amazing debut. Hope he never gets dropped!  ;D

Really keen to see B-Jack. Hopefully he has a debut like Tommy Mitchell's and becomes as good as his brother who is probably in my top 5 favourite players.  8)