Main Menu

DT v SC

Started by Master Q, March 04, 2010, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomber Rock

lol..   you're just getting excited talking about collingwood players now!!

I think the thing here is that I'm not too interested in how the stats actually reflect the game. There is of course no doubt that the SC stats are more reflective of a good individual performance (except for a great defensive game as you suggested) however, from my point of view, this is purely a numbers game that we are playing and Im not too interested in how those numbers reflect on the actual game from where the numbers were drawn.

I suppose its just the way I roll, but watching footy for me is done from 2 perspectives, the game and DT numbers, which i can do simultaneously. I love watching beautiful footy contests, and I also enjoy the simple numbers game that is DT!!

ossie85

The world would be boring if we all agreed!

And I don't need much of an excuse to get excited about my boys this year :)

Best of luck for the season ahead!

Bomber Rock

This debate would be so much more fun over a few beers!!

DreamTeamer

nas

Few beers is only 3 off. Looks like it's a minium of a slab.  8)

CFC 1979

why compare - play both :D

Bomber Rock

Naste, a few beers can be as many as you like  ;)

Justin Bieber

why choose one over the other like CFC said. especially when i suck at both :P.

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on March 21, 2010, 09:14:36 AM
why choose one over the other like CFC said. especially when i suck at both :P.

I choose to suck more at supercoach!

MissPies

Quote from: Bomber Rock on March 21, 2010, 12:13:30 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on March 20, 2010, 06:31:37 AM

That's fair, if you think a Jordan McMahon kick backwards to an opponent should be worth the same as an Alan Didak 50m chest pass to someone in the goal square, than so be it.

I don't understand though, unless you're counting every stat of every game as they come up LIVE - i.e. what a nerdy statistician would do - than what does it matter if each kick is worth the same or not?

What if McMahon's backwards kick opens up free players on the other wing, enabling the Tigers get to the other end of the ground and have a shot on goal, does that change the value or worth of a kick?

What if by hitting cloke on the chest 45 out on the boundary (typical of Collingwood's along the boundary game style - and that is not me criticising) the opportunity to handpass to a running lockyer was missed, who would have then delivered to Anthony 40 out on a much better angle? I know i would rather Anthony having a shot than Cloke, no matter where the kick is from!

I know this is all hypothetical, but which kick is better then? In my view the average looking kick by Mc Mahon is of more value. Im not sure if this is the best example, but im sure you undertand what i am getting at.

Look I understand SC rewards better players, but we are not coaching actual players here, this is simply a numbers game and I just prefer my numbers games to be more black and white - but for the record I can appreciate people preferring SC!!

Agreed Anthony 'WAS' the most accurate kick in the afl in 2009 till he died in the arse..I wonder if he gets back on track this year...hmmmm

Cicjose

I have always played DT cause all the different scoring penalties in supercoach would mean i would have to be a statistician to understand the system and i would rather just follow players as they go about the business of trying to assist their team to win.

ossie85

Quote from: Cicjose on March 28, 2010, 07:41:15 PM
I have always played DT cause all the different scoring penalties in supercoach would mean i would have to be a statistician to understand the system and i would rather just follow players as they go about the business of trying to assist their team to win.

It is true, Dream Team measures trying, Supercoach measures results.

nas

Personally enjoy both.  ;D

Alex7089

I really like SC although getting more serious about DT this year.

I think SC just rewards the better player and I play it because I like the layout and scoring system much better.

It sucks how the AFL restricts SC live scoring and a lot of other things. They are just jealous because SC has more players. Really poor sportsmanship from the AFL, at this time HeraldSun runs the better game and instead of improving theirs they decide to restrict the other.
Hope I didn't confuse you, I think I confused myself

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on March 29, 2010, 02:44:14 AM
I really like SC although getting more serious about DT this year.

same, but still not all that serious about either.

just do it for the fun. i aim for league win, minor premiership in all leagues and a top 10k finish in both.