NBA Trivia / Real-life basketball discussion

Started by Jay, May 29, 2013, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 17, 2013, 07:17:32 PM
Kareem, Karl Malone.

Can't think of the 5th.
Yep! I knew this would happen, the first 4 are easy 8)

Andrew3737

Had to look it up, not surprised tbh though.

THE TRUTH

Jay

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 17, 2013, 07:34:20 PM
Had to look it up, not surprised tbh though.

THE TRUTH
It makes perfect sene but you dont normally hear Pierce being associated with those names. He should though... One of the best SF's to ever play this game.

Andrew3737

He was the reason why I started playing the Celts.

Jay

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 17, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
Yep he is the main man of any true Celtics fans. My favourite player of all-time :)

Hope he signs a 1-day contract and retires in Boston. Wish I could go there when #34 is raised to the rafters.

Andrew3737

Jay

Quote from: Andrew3737 on August 17, 2013, 08:07:37 PM
GOAT shooting style.
No doubt. My shooting form is almost indentical to PP's ;)

Both he and I tend to shoot a bit flat when not feeling it though. :-\

Master Q

Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
Yep he is the main man of any true Celtics fans. My favourite player of all-time :)

Hope he signs a 1-day contract and retires in Boston. Wish I could go there when #34 is raised to the rafters.
I liked KG more  :(

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on August 17, 2013, 08:33:41 PM
Quote from: Jayman on August 17, 2013, 07:49:49 PM

I liked KG more  :(
KG was the main reason we got banner 17 :) I like both!

Ray Allen is a flowerhead though and respect for Doc Rivers has dropped.

Holz

Allen my favourite Celtic, constantly underated and perhaps the greatest pure shooter of all time and proved just how clutch he is for another time this year.

That 3 will go down as one of the great shots in history.

Not only an elite player but I great guy with the utmost integrity.

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on August 18, 2013, 12:33:05 PM
Allen my favourite Celtic, constantly underated and perhaps the greatest pure shooter of all time and proved just how clutch he is for another time this year.

That 3 will go down as one of the great shots in history.

Not only an elite player but I great guy with the utmost integrity.
I had huge respect for Ray as a Celtic, his big shots down the stretch were good times. NBA Finals 2008, Ray blows by Sasha Vucevic and lays it up for the win. That's one of the greatest moments in Celtic history. That was better than the Miami shot. Ray Allen's biggest moment by far.

Then he decides to be a tossbag and leave the guys that got him his 1st ring... To the arch rival for less money :o flowerhead. I'll be extremely angry if his number is retired by Boston.

Master Q

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on August 18, 2013, 04:27:42 PM
Yeah I lost respect for Ray when he left.
I mean, who leaves to join the team that just knocked you out of the playoffs? For less money too. Lebron said Pierce is his biggest NBA rival, Ray obviously didn't care for PP too much if he goes and joins his biggest rival...

I'm not still bitter about this or anythin' :P

Windigo

Who is the only player in NBA history to record a triple zero with 0 points, 0 rebounds, and 0 assists in at least 30 minutes of play?

:D

Andrew3737

I know theres been a bunch for Miami. However, I doubt they played more than 30mins. Fisher iirc had a 0 game in 08 or 09. He was the starting PG for Lakers, so I assume it was over 30. So, I'm going with the terrible player who deserves 0 rings, in Derrick Fisher.

Who are the 5 players, in the modern era, that have eclipsed the 30 PER rating?