NBA Trivia / Real-life basketball discussion

Started by Jay, May 29, 2013, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Started a new association today for procrastination. Decided to rebuild the Hornets Pelicans!  8)

2 minute Q's (4 minutes when simulating) and 29 game seasons so I can get through them quick. Playing on All-Star, started the season 3-3.

Traded my first round pick from this year + a spud for Michael Kidd-Gilchrist! Figure if I'm going to go alright my pick won't be worth as much as other teams think because I'm the damn Pelicans :P 
Getting MKG is a massive plus too. He's a god on D, blocking shots, crashing boards and has decent perimeter + post defense.

Austin Rivers and Anthony Davis kill it too. Davis struggles against big centers though :(
Need another big man so he can drop to PF.

Thinking I might trade Eric Gordon. His shot showers me up the wall! Gets blocked so much because of his low release. Plus I wanna free up some cap so I can get Dwight Howard (I wish), Chris Paul or even better because of my young team, Brandon Jennings, who are all free agents next season  8)

Vasquez/Rivers
Gordon
MKG
Anderson (nothing but threes!)
Davis

FisherSaints

Master Q

Quote from: My Chumps on June 09, 2013, 08:04:51 PM
2 minute Q's (4 minutes when simulating) and 29 game seasons so I can get through them quick. Playing on All-Star, started the season 3-3.
That actually sounds really fun. Although I'd make real/sim time the same  :P

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on June 10, 2013, 10:59:37 PM
I often find that my stats are skewed if the play/sim time is the same. Depends on your game style... Normally 8 min gets me realistic stats on 12min sim

My Chumps

Quote from: Jayman on June 11, 2013, 12:33:08 AM
Quote from: Master Q on June 10, 2013, 10:59:37 PM
I often find that my stats are skewed if the play/sim time is the same. Depends on your game style... Normally 8 min gets me realistic stats on 12min sim
Yeah, I played a fantasy draft one last year with Jrue, Love and Ibaka my first three picks. Jrue won the MVP, Love was second and Ibaka third :P
I think I might tone it down to three minutes, but you definitely need to give the sim games more time.

Master Q

Why do you need to give sim more time?

---

I just started a "speed-run" association with Phoneix. 3 minutes qrts both real and sim. Aiming to build my team around Dragic - Lost to Atlanta in the first game but then beat the Bulls, and simulated the next game against the Hornets which I won.

Haven't done much trading as the Suns are actually quite balanced. I did two trades both with SA though, overall I got Green (SG) and Mills (6th man) as well as Diaw and a first round pick, for Shannon Brown and some other guys I didn't really need.

Dragic is my centre-piece all-rounder, Green is great when it comes to driving and knocking down threes, Beasley is there for driving and Scola & Gortat are a fantastic combo inside. Mills and Dudley provide shooting off the bench and J.O'Neal is the backup for Gortat.

My Chumps

Quote from: Master Q on June 13, 2013, 04:44:33 PM
So it's not super bias toward my team. Like before I said three of my players were top 3 in the MVP candidates when I finished like 5th. I just score heaps more than sim games when they're on the same minutes.

Master Q

Quote from: My Chumps on June 13, 2013, 04:50:39 PM
So it's not super bias toward my team. Like before I said three of my players were top 3 in the MVP candidates when I finished like 5th. I just score heaps more than sim games when they're on the same minutes.
Oh I see. Maybe I'll bump Sim up to 4.

My Chumps

Quote from: Master Q on June 13, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
It might just be that I'm a good scorer but poor as hell on D :P

Jay

Quote from: My Chumps on June 13, 2013, 07:08:16 PM
Quote from: Master Q on June 13, 2013, 05:21:37 PM
It might just be that I'm a good scorer but poor as hell on D :P
+1 :P

I also drop the 3 ball like no one else... Just ask Q about his rage quit.

Cicjose

Master Q

Pretty much every team is happy to give up their first pick for Scola, includ. Cavs and Magic...

Would you take it?

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on June 14, 2013, 04:59:37 PM
Pretty much every team is happy to give up their first pick for Scola, includ. Cavs and Magic...

Would you take it?
Yes.

My Chumps

Wait, are you talking Anthony Davis? If you are, DO IT.

I just traded Gordon + Aminu (who sucked on 2k - or I dunno, maybe I couldn't use him. Wasn't quick enough to drive and didn't have an outside shot. I was like, what's the point?) for Harden + Perkins. Means I can play Davis at PF while he develops.

I like Hardens shot more than Gordon's too, which was a main reason for trading. Plus more cap room  8)

Master Q

Quote from: My Chumps on June 14, 2013, 05:32:54 PM
Wait, are you talking Anthony Davis? If you are, DO IT.

I just traded Gordon + Aminu (who sucked on 2k - or I dunno, maybe I couldn't use him. Wasn't quick enough to drive and didn't have an outside shot. I was like, what's the point?) for Harden + Perkins. Means I can play Davis at PF while he develops.

I like Hardens shot more than Gordon's too, which was a main reason for trading. Plus more cap room  8)
No way to get Davis, so I deleted my post  :P

Not that happy with Scola + Gortat to be honest. Scola is great but he is really old, plus my backup C is J.O'Neal who is crap. Indiana offered me Granger and Hansborough for them but that'd mean Granger or Beasley would play PF, and one of Hansborough or O'Neal would be Centre...