Main Menu

Oh, Eddie

Started by AFEV, May 29, 2013, 01:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

There will always be obese children because their parents are big, how's that different?

Many obese children because their parents are, so how's that a choice?

PowerBug

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 31, 2013, 08:25:33 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on May 31, 2013, 08:09:55 PM
Quote from: McRooster on May 31, 2013, 07:36:22 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on May 31, 2013, 01:07:31 PM
The AFL should stand him down, u cant preach zero tolerance and not apply it in all cases :-X
Agreed, and Harry O should march in the next Mardi gras for calling Tom Hawkins gay. The double standard shown by Harry O does give weight to those arguing the defender was 'soap- boxing' on the King Kong debacle.
Harry says he didn't call him gay, he called him a fat cow. And that is acceptable yet being called "gay" isn't....
Being gay is not a choice, being fat is. So it's fair enough to insult someone about something they have control over ;)
Fair point. But still, I'd take more offence to the latter.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

McRooster

The AFL should stand him down, u cant preach zero tolerance and not apply it in all cases :-X
Agreed, and Harry O should march in the next Mardi gras for calling Tom Hawkins gay. The double standard shown by Harry O does give weight to those arguing the defender was 'soap- boxing' on the King Kong debacle.
Harry says he didn't call him gay, he called him a fat cow. And that is acceptable yet being called "gay" isn't....
Being gay is not a choice, being fat is. So it's fair enough to insult someone about something they have control over ;)
Agreed CF, which means for an overweight club President who had control over what he said on air, I can post this...

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on May 31, 2013, 08:44:35 PM
There will always be obese children because their parents are big, how's that different?

Many obese children because their parents are, so how's that a choice?

comes down to their parents choice then in most cases.

a small proportion of the population have thyroid conditions and basically  can't control their weight... then about 20% of the population have some genetic predisposition to being overweight, although I wouldn't classify that as an excuse.

for a pro afl player though, no excuse to be fat. Lay off the burgers tomohawk. :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: McRooster on May 31, 2013, 09:19:53 PM
Agreed CF, which means for an overweight club President who had control over what he said on air, I can post this...

i loathe the way organisations push the "we care" envelope when its easy and the byproduct is more dollars in the pocket, as soon as they have a chance to lead with their actions they bury they're heads in the sand or sweep it under the rug, every single person who has been on the end of the "zero tolerance policy" deserves another chance too, if this is the way Eddie is being dealt with why not them? it insults the public, it wreaks of an "elitist mentality" its a shower sandwich for footy fans and nobody is throwing it at Darth Demetriou >:(

j959

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on June 01, 2013, 01:08:28 PM
Quote from: McRooster on May 31, 2013, 09:19:53 PM

i loathe the way organisations push the "we care" envelope when its easy and the byproduct is more dollars in the pocket, as soon as they have a chance to lead with their actions they bury they're heads in the sand or sweep it under the rug, every single person who has been on the end of the "zero tolerance policy" deserves another chance too, if this is the way Eddie is being dealt with why not them? it insults the public, it wreaks of an "elitist mentality" its a shower sandwich for footy fans and nobody is throwing it at Darth Demetriou >:(
+1

and the Rendell thing is still showerting me ...

extract comments:

"Demetriou said the process may involve more than one session, but would be tailored to McGuire individually.

"You have a very different education process for someone who is completely ignorant or is intolerant... sometimes you who have to adapt the education programs to adapt to people who don't have a racist bone in their body."

Demetriou insisted the sacking of former Adelaide recruiting manager Matthew Rendell was "completely different."

"Matt Rendell said something which was a terrible thing to say about indigenous players.

"He was unrepentant about what he'd said.

"He didn't change his views and the club said that is not the policy our club and he was dismissed by the football club."

full article at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-31/mifsud-to-oversee-mcguire-process

i can't take someone being 'holier-than-thou' when they're flowering lying straight to your face ...  >:(

bowyanger

At the end of the day..this is all Eddie Everywhere will be remembered for...

In 10 years time when your standing around having a yarn, samplin a brew and Eddie isnt the president anymore

Thats probably karma right there

Colliwobblers

Quote from: bowyanger on June 06, 2013, 06:26:31 PM
At the end of the day..this is all Eddie Everywhere will be remembered for...

In 10 years time when your standing around having a yarn, samplin a brew and Eddie isnt the president anymore

Thats probably karma right there

karma for all the indigenous people he has employed in his programme at Collingwood?

or karma for all the housing he led the club in building for the homeless?

or karma for his massive work and financial support for the Michael Long foundation?

or karma for his millions of dollars of charity for underprivileged people in our country?

all you Eddie bashers are flowering ignorant tossers

go do something good for other people with your life then throw stones at someone who has done so much good with his - if that's the type of person you are.

Ringo

Well said Collie

Unfortunately and in my opinion a great indictment on our Society people are remembered more for mistakes and gaffes they make rather than the good they do.

Eddies has done so much using his influence but unfortunately one gaffe which he has to live with for the rest of his life will overshadow this with Australian people.

bowyanger

Quote from: Ringo on June 07, 2013, 08:16:06 AM
Well said Collie

Unfortunately and in my opinion a great indictment on our Society people are remembered more for mistakes and gaffes they make rather than the good they do.

Eddies has done so much using his influence but unfortunately one gaffe which he has to live with for the rest of his life will overshadow this with Australian people.

My point exatly, no one knows what he does behind the scenes

I didnt say it was a good thing he would be remembered that way...its just the way it is

LEAVE EDDIE ALOOOOOONNNNEEEE

Colliwobblers

Quote from: bowyanger on June 07, 2013, 06:51:41 PM
Well said Collie

I didnt say it was a good thing he would be remembered that way...its just the way it is

Sorry BOWYANGER - I snapped at the wrong persons post - I had been checking in on the post from time to time and was restraining myself from commenting. but SNAPPED .

sorry for snapping at you my anger is directed at the other 90% of football society sadly.

bowyanger

Quote from: Colliwobblers on June 07, 2013, 07:02:42 PM
Quote from: bowyanger on June 07, 2013, 06:51:41 PM
Well said Collie

Sorry BOWYANGER - I snapped at the wrong persons post - I had been checking in on the post from time to time and was restraining myself from commenting. but SNAPPED .

sorry for snapping at you my anger is directed at the other 90% of football society sadly.

Mate dont appologise, what you have done has broaden my opinion for when these discussions may happen in future for me

All it shows is that you are passionate and what you say is true

Well done

Spite

Quote from: Bluke on June 09, 2013, 11:54:33 PM
Eddie's a tool, and a major reason why so many people hate the pies.

I generally enjoy reading what you write Bluke, but there was no need for this. It didn't add a thing and just tried to stir up people again. I hope no one after this post of mine makes any more comments, this thread is done. Thank you