The c4 State of Origin Series - WXV13

Started by ossie85, May 26, 2013, 12:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Will carry on this year with the 2013 State of Origin Series - which is of course highlighted by the EurAsia v AAP Alliance match! I have named the series after c4v3m4n, who created the concept!

Representative Round (AFL Round 12 Adel, Carl, Coll, Ess, GC, GWS + Round 13)

Home Team   Score      Score   Away Team   Location

AAP Alliance   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Eurasia   Melbourne Cricket Ground
Victoria Metro   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Western Australia   Etihad Stadium
South Australia   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   Victoria Country   AAMI Stadium
Internationals   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   NSW/ACT/TAS   Bellerive
Indigenous All-Stars   0.0.0  vs.  0.0.0   QLD/NT   Darwin

Based on results so far this year - i.e. the most points scored so far, the coaches are...

For EurAsia..... RINGO! Who has re-invigorated the London Royals this year! He will get to choose the best of the best players from London, Berlin, Seoul, Moscow, Dubin, Tokyo, PNL, Beijing and New Delhi to try and avenge the 3 point loss to the AAP Alliance last year.

And for AAP Alliance we have... the reigning premier MACA24!, who will be looking at choosing the best of the best from Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Toronto, Cape Town, Cairo, New York, Pacific and Wellington.

The match will be held across half of Round 12, and all of Round 13 - while the 18 WXV teams have a bye.

In addition - we have!

WXV State of Origin!

In addition to the EurAsia v AAP Alliance representative matches, State of Origin matches will be held giving each coach in the WorldXVs a chance to continue playing during the AFL's rounds 12 - 13.

This is how c4 have envisioned it will work:

1. There will be 8 representative teams: VIC Metro, VIC Country, SA, WA, NSW/ACT/TAS, QLD/NT, Indigenous All-Stars, Internationals.
2. There will be two coaches for each team, meaning that everyone gets a chance to be involved in the representative matches.
3. Coaches will be aligned with teams at complete random
4. Teams will be chosen in the following order: AAP, EUR then QLD/NT, NSW/ACT/TAS, ABOR, ROW, WA, SA, VICC and finally VICM. c4 felt, and I agree, that this will be the fairest as QLD/NT and NSW/ACT/TAS have very limited squad choices, whereas both Victorian teams have an abundance of players.
5. Squad lists will be made available by me soon, based on where the player was recruited from - otherwise it gets very tricky!
6. The Internationals team will be made up of players that were born in a country outside Australia OR had at least one of their parents born outside Australia.

Current WXV Rules will apply for all matches, except no home advantage will be given. Also, the out-of-position rule will be relaxed for some teams due to team numbers.

Teams

Two coaches were assigned to each team using the Excal random generator

VIC Metro - Jukes & Boomz/kilbluff1985
VIC Country - Master Q/Toga & MajorLazer/NigeyS
South Australia - Hellopplz & pothead
Western Australia - Nails & Holzman
QLD/NT - Purple 77 & roo boys!
NSW/ACT/TAS - JBs-Hawks/KoopKicka & pyronerd/Sid
Indigenous All-Stars - CrowsFan & My Chumps
International - FisherSaints/specky92 & Jayman/tbagrocks

How did we go last year? See below for...

2012 Results

ossie85's EurAsia (25.23.173) lost to CrowsFan's AAP Alliance (26.20.176)

Best
EurAsia: T Rockliff, B Deledio, N Dal Santo, D Beams, C Enright, N Grima, L Franklin, R Griffen, P Dangerfield
AAP Alliance: G Ablett, I Maric, Jarryd Roughead, J Watson, D Swan, B Waters, T Walker, S Thompson, J Selwood

AAP Alliance WINS the WORLD CUP.

G ABLETT JNR WINS THE WORLD MEDAL and AAP ALLIANCE MEDAL
T ROCKLIFF WINS THE EURASIA MEDAL

roy boys! and meow meow's Internationals (20.7.127) defeated Boomz and PowerBug's QLD/NT (19.7.121)

Best
Internationals: P Hanley, L Montagna, M Pavlich, D Kerr
QLD/NT: D Zorko, S Black, C Rioli

INTERNATIONALS WIN

P HANLEY WINS A REPRESENTATIVE MEDAL and the INTERNATIONAL MEDAL
D ZORKO WINS THE QLD/NT MEDAL

c4v3m4n and Maca24's NSW/ACT/TAS (19.7.121) lost to Purple 77 and Hellopplz's Indigenous All-Stars (19.10.124)

Best
NSW/ACT/TAS: M Suckling, K Jack, S Iles
Indigenous All-Stars: S Burgoyne, H Bennell, D Wells

INDIGENOUS ALL-STARS WIN

S BURGOYNE WINS A REPRESENTATIVE MEDAL and the INDIGENOUS ALL-STARS MEDAL
M SUCKLING WINS THE NSW/ACT/TAS MEDAL

Holzman and Cookie Monster's Vic Metro (20.11.131) defeated My Chumps and MajorLazer's South Australia (19.9.123)

Best
Vic Metro: A Carrazzo, S Mitchell, T Goldstein, A Gaff, C Ward
South Australia: Jack Redden, S Hurn, M Broadbent

VIC METRO WINS

A CARRAZZO WINS A REPRESENTATIVE MEDAL and the VIC METRO MEDAL
JACK REDDEN WINS THE SOUTH AUSTRALIAN MEDAL

bomberboy0618 and pyronerd's Western Australia (18.3.111) lost to FisherSaints and pothead's Vic Country (18.5.113)

Best
Western Australia: D Cox, A Rance
Vic Country: J Steven

VIC COUNTRY WINS

D COX WINS A REPRESENTATIVE MEDAL and the WESTERN AUSTRALIAN MEDAL
J STEVEN WINS THE VIC COUNTRY MEDAL

CrowsFan

Honestly don't see how Eurasia stand a chance considering the top 3 teams are all from the AAP Aliance so will have the best of the best to pick from!

Disappointed I don't get to try and go back to back with the Aliance, but happy enough to work alongside MC to bring a victory to the Indigenous All-Stars :)

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2013, 12:22:51 PM
Honestly don't see how Eurasia stand a chance considering the top 3 teams are all from the AAP Aliance so will have the best of the best to pick from!

I reckon the top 5 teams are from AAP Alliance! But, it was similar last year, EurAsia only went down by 3

Jay

Just seems wrong for me and tbag to not be South Australia :o can we arrange a swap?

Looking forward to this Os, love your work.

FisherSaints

Wow AAP Alliance have Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Toronto, Cape Town, Cairo, New York, Pacific and Wellington.

Which is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 7th, 9th, 10th, 14th and 17th

Purple 77

Love the work oz! I wonder if any of my Brewers are from NT/QLD ...

Paired up with a good coach too :)

roo boys!

Quote from: Purple 77 on May 26, 2013, 01:20:52 PM
Love the work oz! I wonder if any of my Brewers are from NT/QLD ...

Paired up with a good coach too :)
Right back at you mate! :)

Should have some decent players to pick from QLD/NT, looking good Oss

Carn AAP, hopefully Maca can guide them to victory to back up CF's good work from last year.

ossie85

Quote from: Jayman on May 26, 2013, 12:50:46 PM
Just seems wrong for me and tbag to not be South Australia :o can we arrange a swap?

If they agree, no probs!

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on May 26, 2013, 01:49:37 PM

If they agree, no probs!
But I'm also South Australian, so that argument that since you are from there that you should coach them is irrelevant in my opinion.

tbagrocks

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2013, 01:56:11 PM

If they agree, no probs!
But I'm also South Australian, so that argument that since you are from there that you should coach them is irrelevant in my opinion.
But there's two of us and highly passionate :o

Jay

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2013, 01:56:11 PM

If they agree, no probs!
2 South Australians > 1. My argument is just that I want to coach them :P

Join us in SA? >:D

Nige

I'm still not really sure how this all works. Part of the Vic Country crew. Does that mean only Vic Country players from Cairo/Beijing get counted?  ??? :-X

CrowsFan

Quote from: NigeyS on May 26, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
I'm still not really sure how this all works. Part of the Vic Country crew. Does that mean only Vic Country players from Cairo/Beijing get counted?  ??? :-X
No you get to select players from any team in the comp as long as they are from Vic Country :)

nrich102

If they agree, no probs!
So anyone can coach who ever they want? Dodgy decision imo.

Who ever has Qld get Big Boy Sammy

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 26, 2013, 03:19:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 26, 2013, 03:06:16 PM
No you get to select players from any team in the comp as long as they are from Vic Country :)
Oh sweet, sounds good. Should be good fun. Bring it South Australia! >:D