Main Menu

Great stuff Goodsie

Started by Mailman the 2nd, May 24, 2013, 10:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

One of my favourite players .. wish i was a great footballer,leader and person like Adam Goodes is

Ringo

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-25/goodes-gutted-by-incident

Showing his great leadership on and off the field. Wanting the girl to be educated and shown support.  Willing to accept phone call from her and explain to her how it made him feel.

Agree that it needs to be a total education to stamp[ out racism.  Suspect the young girl did not whet the term used really meant.

Great work Adam and a credit to the game.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Ringo on May 25, 2013, 12:26:56 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-25/goodes-gutted-by-incident

Showing his great leadership on and off the field. Wanting the girl to be educated and shown support.  Willing to accept phone call from her and explain to her how it made him feel.

Agree that it needs to be a total education to stamp[ out racism.  Suspect the young girl did not whet the term used really meant.

Great work Adam and a credit to the game.
thought that was an excellent touch, not just the victim but leading the way in the solution 8)

tbagrocks

Have heard she rang and appologized :)

nostradamus

The big thing in all this that stands out to me is the focus on the young girl and the intention of educating "her", but no mention of her family. The fact that she was led away "alone" was an indictment on her mother/nan/carer or whoever was with her and indicative of the type of people she must be guided and influenced by in life.
What she did was an abhorrant thing in this day and age, but it's a learned behaviour and would have been modelled to her in day to day life.

Well done Goodesy you're a champion mate on and off the field, as always you handled yourself with great dignity

Ringo

Adam Goodes ‏@adamroy37 15m

Just received a phone call from a young girl apologizing for her actions. Lets support her please

These tweet from Adam confirms she has phoned and apologised as well as the plea to support her.

Windigo

After the game Micky O looked like he was ready to crack some skulls.  :P  :-\

McRooster

What price that the young girl tosses the coin at the next Sydney v Collingwood game?

A question to ponder, if the girls comment was made at the start of the game would Adam Goodes have taken himself off the ground at the 5 min mark of the first qtr?

roo boys!

Quote from: McRooster on May 25, 2013, 02:23:25 PM
What price that the young girl tosses the coin at the next Sydney v Collingwood game?

A question to ponder, if the girls comment was made at the start of the game would Adam Goodes have taken himself off the ground at the 5 min mark of the first qtr?
Obviously hard to tell how he would have reacted but it seemed his mind wasn't on the game anymore after that and he could have been quiet all game if it happened early.

Wake_up

Geez Goides, wake up.
A 13 year old girl called u names. One name at that. And a word that would legitimately describe ur looks (with beard) koori or not.
I think you've come out the looser in this one.
The sport is of men.
Not dobbers to half whited crowd controllers.
Sorry mate. Done your dash with a lot of us up here.

And, a side note to all trying to 'help' aboriginal understanding. You earn respect not demand it. It seems with things like these indigenous only games and events, that its the aboriginals who are inciting racism.

I give up!

stew42

Quote from: Wake_up on May 25, 2013, 05:28:34 PM
Geez Goides, wake up.
A 13 year old girl called u names. One name at that. And a word that would legitimately describe ur looks (with beard) koori or not.
The sport is of men.

And, a side note to all trying to 'help' aboriginal understanding. You earn respect not demand it. It seems with things like these indigenous only games and events, that its the aboriginals who are inciting racism.

I give up!

Mate, not sure what to say to this... Let's start with "Your views are incredibly misguided"...

nrich102

Geez Goides, wake up.
The sport is of men.

I give up!
You are a dickhead.

You are just as bad as the person who said it herself, if not worse. He was clearly offended by the comment, and only and idiot like yourself would not see that. It is not unmanly to get offended by a racist slur. Goodes is one of the best players ever to play the game. Go get flowered.

Bill Manspeaker

Geez Goides, wake up.
The sport is of men.

I give up!

Adam Goodes hasn't earned your respect? you don't think he should be respected?

Ringo

Geez Goides, wake up.
The sport is of men.

I give up!
You are an absolute disgrace with comments like this - You probably just created the account so you could troll and abuse this site.  Saying that Goodes has not earned respect is an absolute joke.

AFEV