Downgrade Target for Neade?

Started by vtaced, May 13, 2013, 04:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtaced

Frozensage

Big Mac

Quote from: Frozensage on May 13, 2013, 05:00:39 PM
ben kennedy

JS is horrible but he appears to be the only option, unless you go for Staker who should play soon.

Frozensage

Quote from: Big  Mac on May 13, 2013, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Frozensage on May 13, 2013, 05:00:39 PM
ben kennedy

JS is horrible but he appears to be the only option, unless you go for Staker who should play soon.

I wouldn't trust any rookies playing for BL. Docherty can't even get in the team when they are getting smashed every week.

jfitty

I'm considering an interesting strategy for downgrading Neade.

I really want to trade Stevenson for Hanley to give me 5 premium backs, but the only way is to downgrade Neade to a bargain basement rookie (all my other rookies have 2-3 weeks worth of cash to make).

I'm considering trading him out for a 96k DPP rookie, Xavier Richards for example, which will give me enough cash to trade in a premium defender. If I was to then downgrade Pittard or Terlich to Staker in my backline in a few weeks, I would have a nice DEF/FWD swing between the two. Will also give me someone to use with the captain loophole as Crouch is currently my only non-playing rookie.

I can then simply swap Richards out down the track for a forward/defender rookie. Arguably a waste of a trade, but still have plenty up my sleeve, and need a few strong performances in the next few weeks.

Interesting tactic, but the short term gain may be worth considering.

lozza71

I like the idea. Thinking outside the box
Quote from: jfitty on May 13, 2013, 05:25:54 PM

I really want to trade Stevenson for Hanley to give me 5 premium backs, but the only way is to downgrade Neade to a bargain basement rookie (all my other rookies have 2-3 weeks worth of cash to make).

I'm considering trading him out for a 96k DPP rookie, Xavier Richards for example, which will give me enough cash to trade in a premium defender. If I was to then downgrade Pittard or Terlich to Staker in my backline in a few weeks, I would have a nice DEF/FWD swing between the two. Will also give me someone to use with the captain loophole as Crouch is currently my only non-playing rookie.

I can then simply swap Richards out down the track for a forward/defender rookie. Arguably a waste of a trade, but still have plenty up my sleeve, and need a few strong performances in the next few weeks.

James_Pies

I'm also trying to figure out a downgrade target for Neade. He's not a hell of a lot cheaper but what do you guys think of Lyons? Thats if he can keep his spot in the side.

HotTiges

Got neade in the mids so can get lonergan for him

specky92

Quote from: HotTiges on May 13, 2013, 06:50:22 PM
Got neade in the mids so can get lonergan for him
+1 One less headache

connor

think i missed a trick by not getting neade, got lee instead  >:(

TheMoops

Quote from: jfitty on May 13, 2013, 05:25:54 PM

I have thought along the same lines, and although I don't need to do it yet I'd suggest to you to count up who plays the most Sunday games and pick your perma-loophole rookie accordingly

Babylove

What about Jarryd Lyons from Adelaide?  $169k but averaging in the 50s (include 50 as the sub in the GWS game).  What are people's thoughts on him?

James_Pies

Quote from: Babylove on May 13, 2013, 08:36:46 PM
What about Jarryd Lyons from Adelaide?  $169k but averaging in the 50s (include 50 as the sub in the GWS game).  What are people's thoughts on him?
Yeah i just said him before, I'd like to know others thoughts aswell.

connor

50's are okay scores from rookies atm and if he is going to play it means guaranteed money. also he has the bye Rd13 which means you can keep him untill then and upgrade him before rd13