Main Menu

Hodge

Started by sprarepart, May 13, 2013, 02:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprarepart

Looking at getting Hodge in this week for my mids. Probably in place of Wines, who seems to have peaked.

Currently have- Gablett, Pendlebury, JPK, Fyfe, Mundy, Wines, O'Meara, Kommer and B.Goodes (Goodes heading to backline this week).

Real fan of proven performer in teams that are playing well.  The Hawks are flying and I had too many prems in rubbish teams at the end of last year. Hodge in the backline was bread and butter in previous years. He is cheap through at less than 500K and I could get him without a downgrade (145K in bank)

Thoughts any one. Other options are Lids Murphy and Watson. Want a super prem.

sprarepart

Missed Moloney also. sorry

Grazz

Although im not certain it will happen but i think Hodge would be one Clarko could look to rest in one or two of the games they have coming up mate so may pay to keep an ear to the ground and watch the team releases this week. Just thought id add this to the thread incase you havent thought about it. Goodluck.

sprarepart

Good point, they do have a good run coming up.

Ringo

Just remember Hodge had a delayed start to the season so whether he will keep being played to keep fitness up or not may be a decision as well.  I traded Hodge in three weeks ago after his first 2 games and have benefited especially this week.

Another alternative for you who will turn out consistent scores and will be at his lowest price this week is Matt Priddis.

sprarepart

I am a Dockers fan and have a pathological hate of Matt Priddis. Maybe I shouldn't let that cloud my judgement.

Sandyboy

I have been trying to get him in this year and finally this week I might be able to. The Hawks are playing well, was at the game Saturday night and watched Hodge back at his best. He's finally looking fit and mobile, he's got his lateral movement back and is running with power, he doesn't look hindered at all. His kicking is back to its best, he was an elite kick for most of his career then imjury effected his penertration and accuracy, now it's back. He's also playing less of the Mr Fixit role he has played in the past, back to the creative playmaking role of halfback. His scores are reflecting that.

As for being rested, I think Clarko will find it hard to stop him being on the field. He missed most of last year, trued to come back too early, seems to have learnt that he needs to be 100% fit to play the way he expects. Now he knows he's fit, his body is allowing him to do what he wants to do, the only thing that will get him off the park is if his body goes down again. The risk of injury is the same you would take with any other "older" player (Stevie J).

I think he is a good get at his price, the fitter he gets the more consistent he will get. Doesn't get tagged, and could help with bye structure. I'm a fan, and I'm getting on, just like I bypassed Daisy last week and jumped on the Ruffnut.

Go Hawks, now or never.

Big Mac

Quote from: Sandyboy on May 13, 2013, 03:29:58 PM
I have been trying to get him in this year and finally this week I might be able to. The Hawks are playing well, was at the game Saturday night and watched Hodge back at his best. He's finally looking fit and mobile, he's got his lateral movement back and is running with power, he doesn't look hindered at all. His kicking is back to its best, he was an elite kick for most of his career then imjury effected his penertration and accuracy, now it's back. He's also playing less of the Mr Fixit role he has played in the past, back to the creative playmaking role of halfback. His scores are reflecting that.

As for being rested, I think Clarko will find it hard to stop him being on the field. He missed most of last year, trued to come back too early, seems to have learnt that he needs to be 100% fit to play the way he expects. Now he knows he's fit, his body is allowing him to do what he wants to do, the only thing that will get him off the park is if his body goes down again. The risk of injury is the same you would take with any other "older" player (Stevie J).

I think he is a good get at his price, the fitter he gets the more consistent he will get. Doesn't get tagged, and could help with bye structure. I'm a fan, and I'm getting on, just like I bypassed Daisy last week and jumped on the Ruffnut.

Go Hawks, now or never.

You make a compelling argument.

Converted

Just checked out his record and his DT to SC ratio is blew me away, with his elite ball use and contested ball winning ability he could really be a good pick up if you honestly think he is past his injuries.

Worth considering and the fact that we have eight midfield positions means you can probably afford to take a risk on him - as Paul Roos would say "he truly is a Rolls Royce of our game"  ;)

Good luck!