Hartlett - hold or punt?

Started by Bully, May 13, 2013, 11:46:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Danstar

Was he never tagged last year ?

fever

so many knee-jerk overreactions on this forum

Footyrulz

keep him! everyone wanted to trade him in a few weeks ago. 2 bad weeks shouldnt be enough to trade him out.

Ringo

Has had 2 bad games so everyone wants to punt him. I am one who brought him in 2 weeks ago and while disappointed am not thinking of trading him just yet.  I will be monitoring him and he may be one of the Round 11 bye players in trades.
The other reason why I am holding him is apart from Goddard and maybe Hanley no other defenders are really staking their claims as a keepers.  So in waiting a few weeks may have a better indication as to who we need to keep in backs.

Frozensage

I can't think of one defender this year who hasn't had a crap game or 2, or get injured, or suspended... maybe only goddard?

smashbox

have had him from the start and am backing him in. Its the first full season hes had, so hes just learning to overcome taggers. He'll get better as the year goes on

batt

You take the highs and the lows with rollercoaster rides.  There's no point getting off at the bottom if you've paid good money for the ride.

Bully

Quote from: batt on May 13, 2013, 05:37:08 PM
You take the highs and the lows with rollercoaster rides.  There's no point getting off at the bottom if you've paid good money for the ride.

Understand that but he's not even close to the bottom, he's basically at the same price he was at the start of the year. A couple more shockers (Carazzo next week) and he'll be closer to $400,000, basically in no mans land.

I've had him since the start so no major harm done, but you've got to know when to fold in this game and Hartlett is a high risk prospect at this early stage.

Marstar

Backed him preseason, got me some good scores, lost me league games 2 weeks in a row.

Keeping him till Byes.

Blues Blues Blues

Keeping him. Traded him in for a reason. Can't say same for Jacobs, he is GORN!

James_Pies

I'll be keeping him. I was also one of the unfortunate people that traded him in as soon as he started to become poor. But i don't think i can waste a trade on him. My defense is already stacked with stars such as Goddard, Hanley, Birchall, Hibberd, Goodes and of course Hartlett.

gunnerzzz

Waste of a trade. Nuff said.

Gorilla75

Quote from: batt on May 13, 2013, 05:37:08 PM

LOL!! Ha Ha, I really like that comment. I bought him in when Rioli did his hammy like a couple of others have mentioned and I am feeling the pain too. But my backs are going pretty good so I am going to stick with him, it will make the highs even sweeter when they happen. Just hope I don't spew with all these highs and lows. ;D

batt

Quote from: Bully on May 13, 2013, 05:51:54 PMUnderstand that but he's not even close to the bottom, he's basically at the same price he was at the start of the year. A couple more shockers (Carazzo next week) and he'll be closer to $400,000, basically in no mans land.

I've had him since the start so no major harm done, but you've got to know when to fold in this game and Hartlett is a high risk prospect at this early stage.
I see where you're coming from but just can't see the merit in trading him out AFTER he's pumped out his bad scores.  If you'd asked the same question 2 weeks ago citing inconsistency, I probably would have called you crazy but it would have been a good move. 

Surely he'll bounce back big this week.  Money shouldn't really come into account with premiums because what you're chasing is their scores, not their price rise.

spudaroos

If you're gonna trade him, do it this week seeing as his breakeven is ridiculously high. It's now or never IMO. Might upgrade to a star mid.